+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spell travel times a bit slow?

Default Spell travel times a bit slow?

Or at least for non-fire spells. I noticed (course it could be a mental hallucination) that fire spells seem to travel faster than any other elemental type. E.g. when I cast say Cloudburst or Pillaging stone it seems to take longer to reach the target than when I cast, say Surging Flare or Fireball.

So is this just me, or has anyone else noticed this? I would do some time tests but not in-game...

Also, with longer cast times, you think would come faster travel times. Typically in PvP, if you try to cast a 1.5s+ spell that has a travel time, the target is literally dead before it reaches it (yes, even if they were at full health when you initially cast it). I just think, if you are having to sacrifice time for longer cast times, the travel times should be shorter and perhaps instant cast spells take a bit longer? Would definitely help out chloros a lot in this aspect as they have quite a lot of long casts with long travel times.

No one? O.o

Plane Touched

i always feel void bolt is slow, thats why i never use it unless opportunity

Sez

All ranged abilities that travel have the same speed.

All ranged abilities do not travel.

Ranged abilities that do not travel instantly effect the target.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Touched

I think you're just seeing things.

Probably due to the size of the trail that some spells have (I know Cloudburst has a fairly long trail but Fireball doesn't)
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    All ranged abilities that travel have the same speed.

All ranged abilities do not travel.

Ranged abilities that do not travel instantly effect the target.
    I know all do not travel... I am talking about all those that DO travel. My point was the travel times are awefully slow in pvp especially when you are far away from a target. Typically even an instant cast spell with a travel time will not reach the target because he's dead before it can reach him. Spells that have longer cast times should also have shorter travel times as they have that long cast time to compensate.

+ Reply to Thread