+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Another Chloro Complaint

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default Another Chloro Complaint

    Unlike some of my fellow Chloromancers, I have nothing to complain about and it pisses me off. Not only do I still enjoy the character, I haven’t noticed a measurable difference. In fact, I just successfully completed a Zone Event in Shimmersand as the lone healer in a group of 20. And I’m still level 45. True, most were 50s, so they were probably skilled at playing their class, which made it easier on me, but still -- nobody died. I somehow managed to keep everyone alive. Without breaking a sweat, even. And I’m not very good.

    A few caveats, I don’t PvP (*yawn*) and I don’t really raid (haven‘t found a guild yet, and I hate PUGs almost as much as I hate PvPing…especially as a healer). So it’s possible the majority of complaints focus on those two, but as far as PvEing goes, I have nothing to complain about…which is exactly what I’m complaining about.

    So please give me something to complain about.

    Your swift attention to my complaint would be most appreciated.



    Hugs and Kisses,

    Grim
    Last edited by GrimV; 07-02-2011 at 03:39 PM.

  2. #2
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    With a big enough zerg you don't need a healer for those events at all ;)
    I'm so BORED

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Chloro is amazing for PvE and PvP vs bads. My issue is getting roflstomped by warriors. There's just so much burst now and I have so few anti-melee tools.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    Chloro is amazing for PvE and PvP vs bads. My issue is getting roflstomped by warriors. There's just so much burst now and I have so few anti-melee tools.
    This.

    We could really use a 5min CD that increased our casting time, or a short CD that made us immune to interrupts/silences for X seconds.

    Could also use a reliable snare or root. After playing Dom so long, I've learned to pick targets to CC well enough that I think a snare would really be beneficial to us.

    14 points in the Warlock tree is great and all, but I find myself torn between wanting:

    Double Tap/Detaunt
    or
    Wither/Opportunity/Vitality

    51 Chloro is really good with proper support... but absolutely terrible if anyone looks at you too long.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser TheLithium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimV View Post
    And I’m still level 45. and I don’t really raid (haven‘t found a guild yet, and I hate PUGs almost as much as I hate PvPing…especially as a healer)
    Na. This............

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    688

    Default

    The complaints are from PUG'n tier 2 expert dungeons where limitations become more apparent.

    If you PvP with one you still find them about as useless as they were pre 1.3

    If you raid with them or run around in overgeared 5-mans you'll probably be feeling the opposite and ok with the current Chloro.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Chloro is what's keeping me playing my mage at present. I'm very happy with the way it plays in raids, it's the only mage soul besides archon which is really delivering for me.

    That said, part of the reason I'm enjoying it so much is because in a raid situation I can cheerfully ignore the worst aspects of the two veil system. You know going into the fight what your primary role is: raid heals or tank heals. And you can focus on that. Switching around mid fight is rarely a good idea, and anyways raids reward specialization rather than attempts to be a jack of all trades. (Look at the variety of specialized cleric healing builds.)

    In a 5 man situation, you can't get away with that and need to switch it up, and this can be irksome, especially with the 10s cooldown between veils. It's still doable, but awkward. I do wonder if 5 man chloros are making full use of their tools to deal with party wide damage, though. Besides flourish, you've got wild growth and natural splendor. If you cycle these things around correctly, you can actually do a lot of group heals while staying in your tanking veil.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    In a 5 man situation, you can't get away with that and need to switch it up, and this can be irksome, especially with the 10s cooldown between veils. It's still doable, but awkward. I do wonder if 5 man chloros are making full use of their tools to deal with party wide damage, though. Besides flourish, you've got wild growth and natural splendor. If you cycle these things around correctly, you can actually do a lot of group heals while staying in your tanking veil.
    The problem with that kind of stuff is the range(Growth) and cooldowns(Spelndor). If you're primary healing a boss like the last boss in CC where everyone gets taken down to like a quater health, all the while the boss wakes back up and starts hammering the tank again hard, you'll find yourself in a very stressfull situation. And it will all happen again and agan before Splendor comes off coldown. That fight is just one example where the current Chloro can easily fall flat on their face and it's solely due to the class revamps and heal nerfs. It's certainly possible though if you can fill the gap in with gear or top notch backup healing but you're not describing yout typical PUG pool here.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Harrisville, OH
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    In a 5 man situation, you can't get away with that and need to switch it up, and this can be irksome, especially with the 10s cooldown between veils. It's still doable, but awkward. I do wonder if 5 man chloros are making full use of their tools to deal with party wide damage, though. Besides flourish, you've got wild growth and natural splendor. If you cycle these things around correctly, you can actually do a lot of group heals while staying in your tanking veil.
    Even geared in full T2 and some T2 best in slots, my LBV just isn't cutting the mustard. In fights like Caelia (CC) or Calyx (AP) I can't successfully solo heal a team of 5 through the fight. I'm employing every tool in my Chloro box, between Void Life, Splendor, Corrosion, Wild Growth, Ruin, Nature's Touch, a mouseover for Bloom, Flourish, and an @focus Natural Healing, there's just no way I can keep up. Up until those fights, I nearly never need help at all, but AoE heal instensive fights now require me to ask for help, when I never had to before. In a raid setting or for AoE healing, despite the DPS nerf to all of our damaging spells, I can heal like a pro, but when I'm needing to tank heal, my AoE blows.

    You're not having any trouble now b/c you're not 50 yet, which is when the true disparity shows, and because you are AoE healing. Give it 'til 50 and you're trying to pug a team with an undergeared tank and you'll find plenty to complain about.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplflwr20 View Post
    Even geared in full T2 and some T2 best in slots, my LBV just isn't cutting the mustard. In fights like Caelia (CC) or Calyx (AP) I can't successfully solo heal a team of 5 through the fight. I'm employing every tool in my Chloro box, between Void Life, Splendor, Corrosion, Wild Growth, Ruin, Nature's Touch, a mouseover for Bloom, Flourish, and an @focus Natural Healing, there's just no way I can keep up. Up until those fights, I nearly never need help at all, but AoE heal instensive fights now require me to ask for help, when I never had to before. In a raid setting or for AoE healing, despite the DPS nerf to all of our damaging spells, I can heal like a pro, but when I'm needing to tank heal, my AoE blows.

    You're not having any trouble now b/c you're not 50 yet, which is when the true disparity shows, and because you are AoE healing. Give it 'til 50 and you're trying to pug a team with an undergeared tank and you'll find plenty to complain about.
    i have solo chloro'd AP since 1.3. i may outgear it a bit, so i cant give a 100% true typical pug experience for you. what i can say is people paying attention to mechanics and not ignoring therm like they may be accustomed to would help alot. when using warlock as a 2nd soul there is no 'rotation' its priorities. you might be prioritizing the wrong spells, blowing CD when you dont need to, suck, your team sucks, or trion secretly nerfed only you. i dont know which of these it could be. im not saying you can do it and should be fine, but i can do it if im paying attention and playing well.

    cc is luck and skill. if you get stunned as a solo healer too much its all over. were you getting stunned alot? were you using the proper spells for the occasion? are you or your team just plain bad? i dont know the answers to these questions either. but they are possibilities. chloro is a possible solo healer now, as they used to be. just now you have to respond appropriately to the situation with the right spell. im sure alot of current chloros are a learn to play issue. get used to the changes and youll know what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Harrisville, OH
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesslyn Daggerux View Post
    i have solo chloro'd AP since 1.3. i may outgear it a bit, so i cant give a 100% true typical pug experience for you. what i can say is people paying attention to mechanics and not ignoring therm like they may be accustomed to would help alot. when using warlock as a 2nd soul there is no 'rotation' its priorities. you might be prioritizing the wrong spells, blowing CD when you dont need to, suck, your team sucks, or trion secretly nerfed only you. i dont know which of these it could be. im not saying you can do it and should be fine, but i can do it if im paying attention and playing well.

    cc is luck and skill. if you get stunned as a solo healer too much its all over. were you getting stunned alot? were you using the proper spells for the occasion? are you or your team just plain bad? i dont know the answers to these questions either. but they are possibilities. chloro is a possible solo healer now, as they used to be. just now you have to respond appropriately to the situation with the right spell. im sure alot of current chloros are a learn to play issue. get used to the changes and youll know what to do.
    My teams aren't bad, and I have paid careful attention to the mechanics. The only thing I don't do is swap veils on the fly, as I know my personal reaction time is slightly slower than the average, and it could easily be detrimental to a fight. My role is 51 Chloro, 15 Dom (for reflects and shields) as 80% of my heal rotation is now channeled and leaves little need for an opp cast. I've played a 51 Chloro/15 Lock as well post 1.3 as well, as I played the 34 Chloro/32 Lock build pre 1.3. In CC, I have been getting a lot of stuns, which leaves my team heal/cleanseless. Rather than wipe us over and over on the 20% chance I may be the one stunned, it's smarter to have backheals. Caelia is more easily managed, however, than Calyx, as Calyx requires to constantly be on the move. There's no standing still for more than a 2.5 second cast, if you're lucky to get that even. Employing every spell I have at my disposal to keep up my AoE heals, Calyx's spell that brings the entire team's health down to 20% can be a challenge to recover from on the fly. A well placed Splendor helps, as does a Wild Growth, but that can only recover so much when I need to be bringing up the hp of the tank substantially to prepare for the next hit. Could be that my strat needs work, but I find it easier to ask for help than have us wipe when Calyx isn't a DPS race.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimV View Post
    And I’m still level 45.
    Why do low levels think they have something to say about a class / soul? I mean really....

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesslyn Daggerux View Post
    i have solo chloro'd AP since 1.3. i may outgear it a bit, so i cant give a 100% true typical pug experience for you. what i can say is people paying attention to mechanics and not ignoring therm like they may be accustomed to would help alot. when using warlock as a 2nd soul there is no 'rotation' its priorities. you might be prioritizing the wrong spells, blowing CD when you dont need to, suck, your team sucks, or trion secretly nerfed only you. i dont know which of these it could be. im not saying you can do it and should be fine, but i can do it if im paying attention and playing well.

    cc is luck and skill. if you get stunned as a solo healer too much its all over. were you getting stunned alot? were you using the proper spells for the occasion? are you or your team just plain bad? i dont know the answers to these questions either. but they are possibilities. chloro is a possible solo healer now, as they used to be. just now you have to respond appropriately to the situation with the right spell. im sure alot of current chloros are a learn to play issue. get used to the changes and youll know what to do.
    I PuGed dungeons on a daily basis and did all of em as PuG as solo healer.
    AP is still a facerol even in 1.3.

    CC was perfectly doable solo in 1.2 and has little to do with luck save last boss if you get the debuff/stun at the same time, but you should have an offdispeller (Haven't tried it in 1.3). I had more issues with the burst a tank would take from certain trashpacks (elementals) than bosses.

    Personally with 1.3 I can't be bothered anymore to do PuGs T2. Chloro healing aint fun and doing it with a PuG makes it even less fun. There was challenge enough doing T2s with PuGs, now its just a grieving experience.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    The problem with that kind of stuff is the range(Growth) and cooldowns(Spelndor). If you're primary healing a boss like the last boss in CC where everyone gets taken down to like a quater health, all the while the boss wakes back up and starts hammering the tank again hard, you'll find yourself in a very stressfull situation.
    K... Just a few comments regarding the last Boss on CC:

    - Splendor is a nice tool... ONLY if there are 3 or more enemy targets around the Main Tank otherwise it does not trigger more HPS than your standard rotation if you invest that 80% charge into keeping EV up.

    - Growth is always rdy to deal with the KB... Combined with flourish. The problem is that ATM the extension of range is not happening for all its effects so ppl needs to be together on the Knockback.

    - Most Chloros are just sticking to LBV or LGV and that's it... Sadly doesn't work like that on last CC boss. At the very moment she becomes Immune and the adds are up... Damage is spread all around the party, so you have to go LGV and start AOE healing. By the time the KB happens... you are rdy to swap to LBV when needed.

    So ideally what you have to do on the KB is (You need a 100% charge bar and with LGV active):

    - Cast a Withering Vines on Caelia right after she becomes damageable and before the Knockback happens. Never bother to top any1 after the ray phase if they are above 30% hp, btw.

    - Cast Wild Growth WHILE you are flying up. Knockback interruption happens only when you are initially lifted, while you are travelling on the air, you can cast spells normally.

    - Cast a Flourish immediatly upon landing.

    - Activate EV + cast Ruin.

    - Stun or AOE DoT usually happen now.

    - Apply Synthesis on the tank and cast NT (If you have Wlk Oportunity around 30% of the time this NT will also be instant).

    - Resume normal fight.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    5m edit policy double post


    Forgot to add that you need a dispeling macro on this fight (and will not harm to have it all around) as dispelling fast is the most effective way to heal over the course of this encounter (Also remember the DoT can also be applied on pets... Be sure you have "show pets" option ticked on your raid panel "Y" key):

    Code:
    #show Nature's Cleansing
    stopcasting
    cast @mouseoverui Nature's Cleansing
    If you have active "Auto selfcast", "Cast on target's target" and "Smart Target" on your Combat settings the above is the simplest macro that will allow you (it will follow the following checks until 1 is valid) to interrupt whatever you are doing (with the exception of an active GCD, ofc) and dispel immediatly:

    - The target represented by whatever UI element your cursor is over (You don't have to click it). Anything but the world 3d model of the target will work: Raid HP bar, portrait, target of target portrait, focus.
    - Your friendly target.
    - Your enemy target's target.
    - Yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts