+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PVP Builds - by a p6 mage

Rift Disciple

Default PVP Builds - by a p6 mage

Hey guys, I wouldn't share this otherwise, but I currently have no use for favor nor prestige since I've bought almost everything (although still missing head enchant from Eldritch faction). Here are the 4 common builds I use:

This is my #1 build. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....exoNkqqxk.V0c

I bought the greater essence that lets me do additional spell dmg with dots after casting Draining Bolt. This is a great build. Has survivability and dps. When opportunity procs, use lightning strike. Other than that, you're casting dots most of the time. Radiate Death helps with zergs. Defile is great compared to what it used to be in 1.2. The only weakness is no healing debuff, but the aoe dps gives clerics trouble when healing.

This is my dominator build, when the other team has an excess of clerics/healers: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vubkogck.xxo0z

Nyx's Manipulation allows me to drain and check Cleric and Chloro healers. Transference allows me to check Bard healers. The rest of the time, I use Incompetence and Traitorous Influence on Clerics. This is a fun build but 0 survivability and 0 dps. Also, you can substitute the warlock tree for any other tree that you might find useful. You won't see it's effectiveness in the end of the game stats, since they don't show mana drained, etc. I've used pyro and elementalist with this and they're not bad either as the third tree (replaces lock in build you see now).

This is one of my favorite pvp builds (doesn't use archmage). It's meant for flag running / survivability (great for running the WF stone). Also amazing for dueling.: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...RsVubko.xdh0Vo

This build can substitute the Necro tree for the Dom. tree if you want even more survivability. But you'll lose out on CC. Also you can put more points in Lock and less points in Dom if you want Neddra's Essence. This is the best pvp mage-tank spec out there. It makes you extremely hard to kill. If you decide to go with Necro rather than Dom, consumption and soul purge are pretty useful. This build works well only if you have a lot of valor and don't need the dmg mitigation that the archmage tree gives you.

This is the standard pyro build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...M0c.efueuusuts

This used to be an amazing build pre 1.3. Pyro nerfs (especially the inferno off GCD), really screwed it over. Against a decent Cleric, you won't be able to take anyone down. My best advice is to use it on the weaker players first (kill them first, then go with the Clerics, since your friends will help you take him/her down at the very end). Also, you can take 1 point off overload and get Nenvin's Lament for guaranteed Cinder Burst or Fulminate Crits. Still a bad *** build, but not what it used to be, but you can still get some great KBs by the end of the match if you have a pocket healer and good dps gear.

Most of my builds require a pocket healer due to 0 survivability. You should be using blood thirsty 100% of the time if you want to heal yourself quickly after landing a KB. Also, remember, that killing pet's (usually takes 1-2 nukes), will proc Blood Thirsty.

Feel free to critique the builds. They're not perfect, but I'm always looking for new PVP builds.

Thx for playing,
    Sinandtonic - Epoch

P.S., Trion, pls fix the pvp queue times. They're way too long at times.

XiL

Dom/Chloro/Warlock is really all you need to PvP.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    Yes you can say that. At the same time, I don't feel it has the dps necessary to contend with other specs. It's extremely difficult killing P5s+ in a short amount of time with that spec due to no points in the archmage tree.

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by Sinandtonic View Post
    Yes you can say that. At the same time, I don't feel it has the dps necessary to contend with other specs. It's extremely difficult killing P5s+ in a short amount of time with that spec due to no points in the archmage tree.
    No need you have great spike damage from split personality as well as many different control abilities that flatten any target you engage. The additional heals from this spec also ensure that you continue to drain health bars regardless of the bads you might have supporting you in PvP.

Dom/Chloro/Lock for opportunity (will make the difference) or Dom/Chloro/0 point for archon buffs + more utility will win WFs for normal players without premades. You know the WFs where everyone scatters and plays like they bought the account yesterday?

PuGs with garbage players make up the vast majority of WFs. This spec is for those WFs and it is the absolute best.
    Last edited by XiL; 07-02-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Rift Disciple

Try this spec out. Its what I use for alll my Pve Encounters, Its a extremely hard counter to anything without a Heal debuff, You will have trouble taking down clerics solo, as you have little to no burst apart from ruin - drainging - stream / lethargy.

This build has so much survivability its not funny, I consistently outperform my expectations. It is also great for running the flag and dueling.

You will need to know class / soul composition though, and knowing when to hit what oh **** button in regards to what is on you. Ie, Warriors with points in champ with their heal debuff will reduce healing from shadow life, so you want that on CD before you get heal debuffed.

Greatest thing of all is its all dot damage and benefits from your points in Lock. And you can Dot someone up, heal yourself, apply some more dots and then detaunt them and heal yourself while you watch them die.

Im not yet rank 3 but am using this build to great effect within my shards warfront grouping. Can consistently win 3v1s as well.

A good healer will cockblock you as you dont have a heal debuff but thats your only downside.

With R6 gear your survivability would be insane.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sinandtonic View Post
    This is the best pvp mage-tank spec out there. . It makes you extremely hard to kill. If you decide to go with Necro rather than Dom, consumption and soul purge are pretty useful. This build works well only if you have a lot of valor and don't need the dmg mitigation that the archmage tree gives you.
    i just disagree with you here ... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....xkfd0z.xdM0Vh is what i use and i have 6.6k hp(raised in nature and vitality/something that you dont use) as a mage ( i still missing some p6 gear) ,have a lot of self healing + soulpurge + nedra's essence. I think this is the "best pvp mage-tank spec out there"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by nikpower19 View Post
    i just disagree with you here ... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....xkfd0z.xdM0Vh is what i use and i have 6.6k hp(raised in nature and vitality/something that you dont use) as a mage ( i still missing some p6 gear) ,have a lot of self healing + soulpurge + nedra's essence. I think this is the "best pvp mage-tank spec out there"
    Yep, better survivability. I used that as my first spec before I changed the Necro part to Dom (after getting so much valor, I figured I didn't need necro anymore, but would rather have great CC). I think I tried to mention that in my post.

Rift Disciple

No need you have great spike damage from split personality as well as many different control abilities that flatten any target you engage. The additional heals from this spec also ensure that you continue to drain health bars regardless of the bads you might have supporting you in PvP.

Dom/Chloro/Lock for opportunity (will make the difference) or Dom/Chloro/0 point for archon buffs + more utility will win WFs for normal players without premades. You know the WFs where everyone scatters and plays like they bought the account yesterday?

PuGs with garbage players make up the vast majority of WFs. This spec is for those WFs and it is the absolute best.
    Ya, problem with Split Personality is that it's on a CD. Sometimes I feel more effective with that extra 15% spellpower/dmg against players with the archmage tree along with other goodies. I do roll with a pocket healer (P6 Cleric), and his presence allows me to go with the more Glass Cannon specs rather than survivability ones.

That build is great for solos tho.

Interesting thread. It's cool to see the builds some people are using.

I have a question... Has anyone tried a build that used Concentration (T4 Defensive AM)? If so, did you notice any substantial difference? I'm trying to make the most durable Chloro build I can for those lonely nights of solo-queues. It seems like Double Tap would be better, but Resilient and Steelweave seem nice.

Was considering a build like: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...xo.xdIzoI0z.Vt

15% less damage from Warriors/Rogues, Rune Shield and a beefy Chloro tree.

Alternatively, I'm considering a 51/15 Chloro/AM build... The defensive side again seems attractive, but I haven't gone deeper than Steelweave.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Plane Touched

Is there a cookiecutter spec out yet?

Soulwalker

OP, what's your rotation for the first build that procs the LS? I tried it out in a couple WF's and really like it, i've used warlock all the way up to lvl 50 so i'm used to being a necrolock. Any macros/advice for how you use that build?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fakethatrolex View Post
    OP, what's your rotation for the first build that procs the LS? I tried it out in a couple WF's and really like it, i've used warlock all the way up to lvl 50 so i'm used to being a necrolock. Any macros/advice for how you use that build?
    I have 3 macros for that build (off the top of my head).

#show Neddra's Grasp
    cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Dark Touch

#show Draining Bolt
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Dark Fury

#show Sacrifice Life: Damage
    use Recaptured Knowledge
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage

Everything else is pretty much bound separately. My rotation usually includes starting with Draining Bolt (procs the greater essence I have, so my dots do more damage), then Grasp, then DT, then Ignite. After that, it depends, do I have opportunity? If not, I cast Life Leech (sometimes I skip Life Leech and go straight to Defile). After I put Defile on, I either cast Lightning Strike or maybe a Void Bolt. The build is very flexible, so don't take this as the bible. You have to get a nice feel of it. Sometimes its better to LS right when you get your first Opp. Proc. If LS is on cd, then use either void bolt or Life Leech. For more burst, try to follow up LS with a dark fury or draining bolt, depending on cd's of course. You just gotta feel it out. Remember to use Radiate Death for large groups after you use the Grasp/Touch macro. It does a lot of damage.

one of my builds is Necrolock with 15 points in AM

my soulpurge crits for 1000-1100 and my 1.5 second cast voidbolt crits almost as hard as a fireball 1200-1300

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zR.xx0mkmqxk.x

is the build I use.

I've had Nature's Fury hit for close to 2k a target before and you can do some decent aoe with
    Dark Touch> Neddra's Grasp> Radiate Death> Nature's Fury >(while NF is bouncing) Devouring Shadows

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Argizeos View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zR.xx0mkmqxk.x

is the build I use.

I've had Nature's Fury hit for close to 2k a target before and you can do some decent aoe with
    Dark Touch> Neddra's Grasp> Radiate Death> Nature's Fury >(while NF is bouncing) Devouring Shadows
    This looks cool. I'm going to try this tomorrow. Why didn't you get Neddra's Influence (dot dmg increase)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast