+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deathtouched Soulstone - Question

Shadowlander

Default Deathtouched Soulstone - Question

is this still useless?

on my 4th sigil, thought about getting a greater essence. r all of these still useless?
    BurtneySpurs - Mage
    < Affinity >
    5/5 GSB - 4/4 RoS - 4/4 GP - 3/10 HK

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BurtneySpurs View Post
    is this still useless?

on my 4th sigil, thought about getting a greater essence. r all of these still useless?
    I use this with my pvp sourcemachine (new on that adds +valor). I dunno its viability in PVE tho. Great for PVP tho.

It's a DPS increase if you time your dot refreshes with the proc, one of the only useful greaters IMO

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I'm trying to figure out how to properly fill my Focus as well, been doing a lot of testing and napkin math on the Deathtouched Soulstone and the Adorned Shadeshard.

It looks to me like they're a bit better than the lesser essences that are available for those spots. there's 4 lessers that have 30 or more SP, the rest ranged from 28 to 25. So you'd have to compare the greater to your 5th and 6th best Lessers, which should be 2 of 28.

From my napkin math I got the values of both the greaters down to about 42 SP for Nec/Lock builds (38-28 and 35-31)

I'm not reposting my math cuz most of it is deleted already and I don't feel confident enough to post it as fact, but I have a feeling the 2 greaters together with the heavy SP lessers is the way to go for Nec/Lock builds.
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to properly fill my Focus as well, been doing a lot of testing and napkin math on the Deathtouched Soulstone and the Adorned Shadeshard.

It looks to me like they're a bit better than the lesser essences that are available for those spots. there's 4 lessers that have 30 or more SP, the rest ranged from 28 to 25. So you'd have to compare the greater to your 5th and 6th best Lessers, which should be 2 of 28.

From my napkin math I got the values of both the greaters down to about 42 SP for Nec/Lock builds (38-28 and 35-31)

I'm not reposting my math cuz most of it is deleted already and I don't feel confident enough to post it as fact, but I have a feeling the 2 greaters together with the heavy SP lessers is the way to go for Nec/Lock builds.
    I'd be more inclined ot think the AS would benefit from a heavy AOE build cause wouldn't that up the proc rate? Also you'd be getting the stacks on 4-5 mobs instead of one
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 07-02-2011 at 03:59 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+ Reply to Thread