+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage RAID DPS spec

Soulwalker

Default Mage RAID DPS spec

Hey guys i was wondering what kind of dps spec do you guys (mages) use when raid GP,GSB etc?
    I am full t2 with around 1000 SP. I was in GSB a few hours ago, went really smooth but my DPS is fluctuating around 550-650 as a NecroLock, I was applying my DOTs and then Soul purge. Is there anyway i can improve my DPS to around 750 + with NecroLock with a certain rotation or any other spec APART from Archon.

XiL

Sc/Elem for trash and Boss fights with AoE. Necro/Dom for Single Target fights. You should be around 1000 DPS with NecroLock n T2 gear so you are probably not spec;d right for DPS or using the right macro.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Soulwalker

Yeah that what i was thinking too, If so if anyone could post the right rotation for each spec that does high single target DPS in raids

Soulwalker

Refer to Bluedot's Endgame PVE Guide here. It breaks down a lot of viable end-game specs, as well as their rotations.

Sez

XiL, if you post some parses, zam specs, and rotations, I will personally call you Arch Magi XiL from here on.

Edit: Unless bluedot beat you to it.
    Last edited by Sez; 07-02-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    XiL, if you post some parses, zam specs, and rotations, I will personally call you Arch Magi XiL from here on.

Edit: Unless bluedot beat you to it.
    I'm too lazy to black out the parses and I'm not allowed to identify myself or the guild on the forums. My rotations are all mouse clicks and back peddling with a sprinkle of keyboard turning.

Bluedot guides are a good place to start for the "easy" rotations. Once you learn those then you can do what I do and trim the fat and min/max casting against cooldown timers. While back peddling and keyboard turning with mouse point-n-click.

I am using the same SC/Elem and Necro/Lock I have been since shortly after headstart they are the same thing everyone else uses. The Necro/Dom spec isn't new either. Pet specs used to be the best way to explode static discharge damage on the parse before it got nerfed.
    Last edited by XiL; 07-02-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    I'm too lazy to black out the parses.
    And until you do, nobody is going to believe you.

You have a splendid opportunity here to both show your prowess and educate your fellow mages on how it can and should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post

You have a splendid opportunity here to both show your prowess and educate your fellow mages on how it can and should be done.
    I heard its hard to drag a black box over a name
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post

I know two things for sure.

1) Bads stay Bad
    2) Yer not good because yer bad.

So logically it would be asinine of me to attempt to make bads better.

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    I know two things for sure.

1) Bads stay Bad
    2) Yer not good because yer bad.

So logically it would be asinine of me to attempt to make bads better.

Agreed, Bads stay Bad
    Bad players make ridiculous claims and *NEVER* back them up.
    Logically I have to assume, you're bad
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    Agreed, Bads stay Bad
    Bad players make ridiculous claims and *NEVER* back them up.
    Logically I have to assume, you're bad
    Yer logic engine seems to have some difficulty assessing the value of unknown variables.

+ Reply to Thread