+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem Healing the Second boss in DSMx.

Default Problem Healing the Second boss in DSMx.

Hello! I am a healing mage, and I have been having some issues healing the second boss in DSMx. I have no issues with any of the other T2s, but this one boss is an ***!

Are there any tips you can give maybe? I will post my stats.

449 Intel | 294 Wisdom | 201 Focus | 853 SP | 29.15% Spell Crit

I cannot for the life of me keep the tank up in this fight, and this is the same (Guildy) tank I always run with (Warrior, got t2 plaque gear).

Any tips? Additionally, my spec is 51/10/5 (Chloro/Warlock/Elementalist)

Thanks in advance to any tips!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AshaCatariIsHawt View Post
    Hello! I am a healing mage, and I have been having some issues healing the second boss in DSMx. I have no issues with any of the other T2s, but this one boss is an ***!

I cannot for the life of me keep the tank up in this fight, and this is the same (Guildy) tank I always run with (Warrior, got t2 plaque gear).

Any tips? Additionally, my spec is 51/10/5 (Chloro/Warlock/Elementalist)

If no other fights cause you issues then it's not you, it's the tank. Explain to him that he needs to interrupt the gigantic nuke that the boss casts to stop getting one-shotted or create a better magical resist spec.
    Last edited by woopedazz; 07-02-2011 at 05:16 AM.

aux

A warrior has to use a magic tanking build for this one, or he's going to be hard to heal.
    Things to watch out for are Death Blast (should be interrupted, use Natural Conversion on it if nobody does so) and the Delver, save some spells (Wild Growth, Natural Splendor, etc) for when he spawns, that also helps. That's really all there is to it.
    I'm so BORED

Champion

theres 0 reason why the tank shouldnt have death blast interupted. its them not you.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

We wiped some due to lack of interrupts. When it was my fault it was always during a split phase when adds came. His health was already sooo low that even with cooldowns I just could not keep him up.

(He has a Deep Paladin (38) or something) build so he isn't the best at Magic I guess.

Soulwalker

I had problems the first time I ran the fight as Chloro after 1.3 but I worked on my timing and was able to either reflect(I went 10Dom/5Ele) or use Natural Conversion on his Death Blast. He always seemed to use it after leaving his immune phase. The hardest part was definitely the add but through careful use of cooldowns and Natural Splendor I was able to keep the group up. Wild Growth helps a ton as well as Radiant Spores.

The fight is much more difficult than it should be, especially with a Chloro MH. Just have to get lucky I guess.

My stats are 912SP, 607 Crit and I can't recall Int or Wisdom off the top of my head.
    Last edited by BoxerguyT89; 07-02-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Soulwalker

I use 51 chloro/10 dom/5 elementalist just for that fight, so i can have interupt and spell reflect... Also i healed it as 51 chloro/15 lock, i had no porblems to keep tank alive even through the blast. I outgear t2s now though.

Yea, if the nuke is getting interrupted but the tank is still getting his face eaten, make sure the dps are switching to the add to burn it down asap before entering the second phase. For an add, it does tend to hit like a truck, and with a tank still in t1 gear, may be a struggle for a chloro to heal up depending on your own gear/finesse.

I tend to run with a 10 pt dom build, as one of my guild tanks is a rogue without an interrupt. This gives me my own interrupt, or Natural Conversion/Reflective Command to negate it with. Now, as a 10 pt dom, I should be able to squirrel the add as well (if it isn't immune), provided I remember I CAN squirrel.
    Experience debt is merely a gauge to show how much Awesome I'm generating.

Sounds like your tank may need to make a magic-resist build, an interrupt build, or both. I actually ran into the problem of no one having an interrupt but was alright with Natural Conversion.

That said, Reflective Command and/or Natural Conversion should help with the Death Blast. Save Essence for when NC is on cooldown.
    Mage Class Lead of <Arisen> - Wolfsbane
    Imriel 50 Mage | Aurelenath 50 Cleric
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS

use this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...EdIuqAckoR.G0V

use reflective command when boss is casting nuke. u'll be fine.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Plane Touched

On top of Death Blast interruption tips offered by other posters... It's the warrior build... Some warriors are running around on dungeons with an obsolte build that has an amazing... 10% Magical Mitigation (Which means they are just a big pool of HP... Nothing more)...

...Trion buffed Void Knight soul to the roof... And basically ANY warrior that wants to have maximum mitigation (ALL around, not just against magic) has to go Deep into VK...

...It's an awful build to use on trash, although, because it lacks some "quality of life" tools to deal with AOE pack pulls in particular... But on Bosses provides the necesary tools to be considered a functional Tank.
    Last edited by Khumoth; 07-03-2011 at 11:32 PM.

General of Telara

If your guild has the perk, it doesn't hurt to cast Planar Protection before the fight (or get someone in the group to cast it)

3% chance to resist the nukes from boss (for the spam-nuke, you don't want to rely on that for Death Blast)
    4-5% extra damage reduction

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by AshaCatariIsHawt View Post

Any tips? Additionally, my spec is 51/10/5 (Chloro/Warlock/Ele

we have similiar stats. problem is tank has to interrupt death blast. i keep natural conversion up just incase he misses one. dps might also not be there. long story short is you are going to seriously hurt unless you and your tank come together to deal with the death blast. p.s. use every tool in your tool box.

Shield of Telara

What they said. I have to constantly explain Death Blast to PUG tanks. If it's an experienced tank they might have just forgot.

+ Reply to Thread