+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necrotic Rage, Worth having still?

Soulwalker

Default Necrotic Rage, Worth having still?

Do you think its still worth using over the new upgraded Lesser Essences? They add about 30SP perm plus the Int will give Crit. Thanks for answering!

Soulwalker

Beginning to doubt it myself. With Chloro or Zoomancer you'll have it proc almost always, with so many tics from DoTs or Livegiving Veil, but for Pyro or Archon it's basically useless compared to a Lesser. I'd really like a comparison if anyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
    Beginning to doubt it myself. With Chloro or Zoomancer you'll have it proc almost always, with so many tics from DoTs or Livegiving Veil, but for Pyro or Archon it's basically useless compared to a Lesser. I'd really like a comparison if anyone has one.
    Defiant here so I can't use it :P But Archon I can see it working. most of the time you are doing "two" spells at once with PS/BP. Volcanic bomb does a dot, leeching flames etc. So it should still be up a decent, much more than 50%, amount of the time.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

The uptime on this thing is ridiculous no matter what spec you use. 80%+ easy.

I want to replace it, mind you. Getting sick of the animation not to mention the fact that it prevents mounting. But epic lessers aren't quite good enough, it's close, but not even yet.

I may break down and replace it anyways to grab extra resistance, if that proves to be necessary for Hammerknell.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Defiant here so I can't use it :P But Archon I can see it working. most of the time you are doing "two" spells at once with PS/BP. Volcanic bomb does a dot, leeching flames etc. So it should still be up a decent, much more than 50%, amount of the time.
    I'd though so, but it seems to proc around 50-60 with Archon even with Searing Vitality against the "always on" with any Necro build or Chloro.

I think it is still the best DPS Greater Essence we got (on Guardian side at least).

PS: Just in case you didn't know, you can just right click on the NR buff to cancel it from your buff list, if you want to mount.
    Fatality - lvl 50 Mage
    PVP 5/8, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, GSB 5/5, ROS 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11

My MAGE GEAR LIST v5.5 ▓

Out of date and retired

+ Reply to Thread