+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pyro and pvp

Rift Disciple

Default pyro and pvp

I play a pyro cause its my fav. I got yelled at in a losing wf yesterday by some random team mate screaming l2p... even tho i got second highest dps overall. Their ***** was that I was using mainly aoe and not single target ... the air was taken out of me.. and I have a question..

How the hell am I supposed to kill anyone on pyro!? My single target is sooo laughable at p6 that I very rarely use it anymore let alone on other p6s... I cant defend myself and I have to stand still.. pre pvp nerf I stood a chance as a pyro.. post pvp nerf Its a joke.

In one wf I was literally laughed at by the other team for the lack of dmg my aoes were doing they even let me do it a whilst whilst they laughed and oft i find them stronger then single target...

Pyro should not be reduced to being another aoe bot they wouldnt be able to compete properly anyways

They need to have dmg

The so called unkillable clerics and warriors? Guess what it was once our job to take em down ... now peeps complain that they are op.. it was a rogues job to take us down... now peeps complain about them too...

I know how to play my class at one stage I even had all 4 souls filled with pyro of different versions... but this is a joke. Balance us and make us useful please!

Well, spamming aoe isn't always a really good idea. I think you are a little too much into the scoreboard, aren't you? Don't get me wrong, spamming aoe has it's uses, but it shouldn't be the first thing you do to contribute.

That's a little like the dot spamming folks. Sure, it's likely to rule the board but very often it's just wasted. Playing a cleric myself I know that just too good. Though, at a certain point with combination of others, aoe and spreaded out dots can be painful. In the moment it's enough dmg to utterly negate any hots, you actually are creating windows of opportunity. I painfully experience this on my cleric on a daily basis. I usually laugh about dots and aoe spammers, but if it's enough of it, there comes a point where people start to die and I can only save the most important persons.

But anyways, have you considered switching your specc? Like Dominator? It really pwns.

If you want to stick with pyro at any cost, I fear you have to live with the consequences of such a decission. I see some pyros doing quite fine still though. Especially if they are geared well and I'm spam-healing them on my cleric :P

Look, to me it's not all that bad. I won't lie to you, the pyro nerf suxx balls. But trion gave us the Dominator. I'm not the soul-loyal-guy. I want to kick and I specc what is needed to do so. And Dom is more than making up for the loss. But if you are the loyal guy, I understand you're raging a little now. But as said, it can be done. So jump on the Dom-wagon or try even harder to make your pyro work!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post

But anyways, have you considered switching your specc? Like Dominator? It really pwns.
    You mean to say that it gets pwn'd by every melee class. It is awesome in a bg, so long as you don't get targetted lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchews View Post
    You mean to say that it gets pwn'd by every melee class. It is awesome in a bg, so long as you don't get targetted lulz.
    I feel sorry for you because you obviously have no clue how to play as a Dominator. Your statement shows it all though. WF (not battle ground, we're not in azeroth anymore, remember?) is all that matters. What are you talking about? When you get ganked by a rogue while having 6 mobs aggro? Who cares for such a scenario anyway?

Look, I'm really done with all the defending. I'm doing very good as a mage in WFs. Other good players do, too. If you don't I no longer care. Keep the qq or whatnot, I'm wondering now why I even bother talking to all you guys...

Telaran

Highest damage means squat, its kb/damage ratio.

A player with 30k dam and 6kb > 200k dam 2 kb.

I'm not saying high damage is bad, but you better be pulling 20kb if you top the charts, otherwise you're just padding your numbers.

Learn when to aoe and when to burst.
    Un@dayblind rogue lulzMM spec

Quote Originally Posted by unrazor View Post
    Highest damage means squat, its kb/damage ratio.

A player with 30k dam and 6kb > 200k dam 2 kb.

I'm not saying high damage is bad, but you better be pulling 20kb if you top the charts, otherwise you're just padding your numbers.

Learn when to aoe and when to burst.
    While this goes into the right direction, it's not entirely true. Pure dmg is worthless, that's shown by the doting phenomenon. But it would also be possible to "steal" kb. This was especially easy as a pyro pre-1.3. You could have done nothing but wait for the Inferno finisher. That would have given you the best ratio and yet you would not have done any good.

Soulwalker

this is the actual scenario:

rank in pvp give you more defence with the valor stats, but your damage is always = because the r6 weapon don't give you any stats that give more damage in pvp.

so now if you find r1-2 player you can do enough damage to kill them.

in the future when all players are r6+planar pvp + trinket + potion ... you have about 40-50% defence but no more offence.

all mage are useless, no damage and the solo class you can find are rogue and cleric.

last wf i did... i was doing 500 damage of fireball at a rogue (probably r6 but no idea), and did a cinderburst of 1000 with no critic.

and you need to stay on the gop if you want do little more damage.

this have no sense for a class that should do big damage with low survavility. now we are paper and do the damage of a paper....

Quote Originally Posted by Atomico View Post
    this is the actual scenario:

rank in pvp give you more defence with the valor stats, but your damage is always = because the r6 weapon don't give you any stats that give more damage in pvp.

so now if you find r1-2 player you can do enough damage to kill them.

in the future when all players are r6+planar pvp + trinket + potion ... you have about 40-50% defence but no more offence.

all mage are useless, no damage and the solo class you can find are rogue and cleric.

last wf i did... i was doing 500 damage of fireball at a rogue (probably r6 but no idea), and did a cinderburst of 1000 with no critic.

and you need to stay on the gop if you want do little more damage.

this have no sense for a class that should do big damage with low survavility. now we are paper and do the damage of a paper....
    You obviously aren't rank6 yourself, are you? Having valor doesn't make you invincible, it makes you tougher and last longer. PVP is not about 1on1 or something. Though I can assure you, that mages are absolutely capable of killing warriors, rogues and even clerics with p6 gear, given they are geared equally strong themselves of course. And in WFs you should never be alone in the wild anyway. If you want to do that, be an assasin or something.

Soulwalker

You obviously aren't rank6 yourself, are you? Having valor doesn't make you invincible, it makes you tougher and last longer. PVP is not about 1on1 or something. Though I can assure you, that mages are absolutely capable of killing warriors, rogues and even clerics with p6 gear, given they are geared equally strong themselves of course. And in WFs you should never be alone in the wild anyway. If you want to do that, be an assasin or something.
    what is the difference from rank 0 and rank 6 in damage? noone...

what is the difference from rank 0 and rank 6 in damage? noone...
    As long as you don't sport full pve gear while having low prestige ranks, there is a huge difference.

If you're running the pvp starter gear I doubt you'll have 1200ish SP

Soulwalker

As long as you don't sport full pve gear while having low prestige ranks, there is a huge difference.

If you're running the pvp starter gear I doubt you'll have 1200ish SP
    of course i say t2-t3 gear vs r6 pvp gear... no difference in damage only in defence.

of course i say t2-t3 gear vs r6 pvp gear... no difference in damage only in defence.
    No doubt. Though pvp is about staying power. Being squishy means you take a lot of healing or aren't even healable in some scenarios. This can be compensated by extremely good situational awareness (positioning is key, some might also say you need to be good at running away and hiding behind others^^).

Nevertheless it's a disadvantage. And it's good this way, why else would anyone bother farming pvp gear?

So the combination of a solid dmg output and the needed staying power to live through some beating is what makes you a true threat in pvp. Given you know wth you are doing.

+ Reply to Thread