+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trion plz answer why have you killed Mage dps?

Plane Touched

Angry Trion plz answer why have you killed Mage dps?

I am really frustrated with no being able to kill anyone with my dps specs. The dps is so low that its a joke being rank 5.
    Compare to other calling I was Constantly getting hit with at least 1k. Last night i got killed by a rogue in less then 5 seconds , btw it was a range attack. When i checked my log, behold i was constantly being hit for 1k critical by empowered shot and forget about dead eye...I had 6k hp and 15% damage reduction from elemental and archmage...

This isn't helping us, we need some sort of boost in Armor to survive against this massacre...
    We can't stay quite for two months until Trion scratch its arse...

Imminent action has to be taken..
    Possible solution: Boost our armor
    Forget about dps, we can't compete against anyone at this stage.. 50% boost to damage is warranted..
    For example my fire ball does 500-600 damage, compare to rogue doing 3 hits of 1k in less then 2 seconds..

Forget about raid, last night i was in a raid and behold I was the only mage they took. They took me because someone left.. All 19 people were made up of rogue, cleric and warriors.. No one wants us.. We are domed..

Wake up mages, and let Trion hear you voice.. They can't fk us like this for months.. We are paying for thi.s sh.iiit .. We want to enjoy this game, not runaway from it...
    Last edited by killthedesires; 07-01-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killthedesires View Post
    I am really frustrated with no being able to kill anyone with my dps specs. The dps is so low that its a joke being rank 5.
    Compare to other calling I was Constantly getting hit with at least 1k. Last night i got killed by a rogue in less then 5 seconds , btw it was a range attack. When i checked my log, behold i was constantly being hit for 1k critical by empowered shot and forget about dead eye...I had 6k hp and 15% damage reduction from elemental and archmage...

This isn't helping us, we need some sort of boost in Armor to survive against this massacre...
    We can't stay quite for two months until Trion scratch its arse...

Imminent action has to be taken..
    Possible solution: Boost our armor
    Forget about dps, we can't compete against anyone at this stage.. 50% boost to damage is warranted..
    For example my fire ball does 500-600 damage, compare to rogue doing 3 hits of 1k in less then 2 seconds..

Forget about raid, last night i was in a raid and behold I was the only mage they took. They took me because someone left.. All 19 people were made up of rogue, cleric and warriors.. No one wants us.. We are domed..

Wake up mages, and let Trion hear you voice.. They can't fk us like this for months.. We are paying for thi.s sh.iiit .. We want to enjoy this game, not runaway from it...
    Why is it, that all of you (I apologize for the word but it has to be said) scrubs automatically blame the system and never your own skill? This is ridiculous.. such an arrogance and yet so terribly wrong.

Mages kick ***, still. I dominated (haha) the last 20 WFs I played in KBs and damage done. 3 out of the top 5 have been other mages always. Nothing wrong with mages... where should you search for the problem now, after this is said? Maybe it's the gods? Or some virus infecting your interwebs that causes you to suck? Most certainly!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Why is it, that all of you (I apologize for the word but it has to be said) scrubs automatically blame the system and never your own skill? This is ridiculous.. such an arrogance and yet so terribly wrong.

Mages kick ***, still. I dominated (haha) the last 20 WFs I played in KBs and damage done. 3 out of the top 5 have been other mages always. Nothing wrong with mages... where should you search for the problem now, after this is said? Maybe it's the gods? Or some virus infecting your interwebs that causes you to suck? Most certainly!
    Wat lvl are you and wat rank?
    And which WF are you playing? you mean lvl 20s?

Maybe you play as necro/lock or chloro, with s.ihit dps and and it take ages to bring down a person.. By the time you are about to kill, someone has already arrived to help the enemy...

I am speaking of dps mage with low survivability and low dps... I bet i can still own you like a rat...

Rift Chaser

I don't care much what the "mages" that disagree with the OP are saying. (Notice the ""'s in that, as they are not mages, they are trolls that pvp as another class and want to keep mages as crappy as they are right now.)

But I have to agree with the OP about the current standing that mages are dealing with right now. I pvp frequently, have been doing so since day 1. I was there as a Pyro (when the Mage class was actually fairly balanced in PvP.) before it was nerfed to worthlessness. I am still there as many other pvp specs and have yet to find one that compares remotely to any other class.

Other classes can chain in 1k+ attacks with ease. Spamming 1 key, maybe 2, and pulling a frequent stream of 1k plus attacks that obliterate cloth in a matter of seconds.

Sure we have spec's that help us survive this, problem is that those specs deal squat for damage (*So sure we can live through it....but that means squat because eventually those 2 minute buffs go away and we still die.) Sure we have those spec's, but in a BG, once every 2 minutes is an eternity.

We need changes that allow us to stream out those 1k+ hits. Where are they? I've tried them all and they don't exist in comparison to other classes. Sorry, but they don't....

We also need those same specs to have better damage reduction to spells and physical attacks, because right now, we get owned. And quickly at that.

Sure, we can still get kills off in PvP, we can even score some 1v1 in a bg if we come across them. But after that 1v1 kill, you gotta wait 2 minutes before you try it again. That's a fact.

Those that disagree, go back to your class forums, this thread is actually for people that really play mages.

I'm not saying make mages OP, I'm saying make them at least at the same level as the other classes. With the capabilities to survive more then 5 seconds.

Really, pvp has become lame in bgs...

Currently you should rename the class to "Cannon Fodder."
    Last edited by Matchews; 07-01-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Soulwalker

You used "fairly balanced" and "pyro" in the same sentence. Sorry, but pyro was a bit OP before 1.3.

Maybe they may have been nerfed a bit much but they were OP in pvp. Maybe they will be adjusted again once the dev team receives more feedback and data but until then you are gong to have to adapt like all the other classes that have a soul nerfed.

Plane Touched

This is getting really frustrating ... I just played as a chloro , and warrior dps is so much that i can't keep up my healing and still die in less then 10 seconds.. Wtf is this?
    Trion do you call this a balance game?

Our healing got nerfed, our dps got nerfed, our survivabilit got nerfed, wat the fk is next?

Delete mage class?

We need an imminent HOT fix for this... Can't take it anymore..

Our healing got nerfed, our dps got nerfed, our survivabilit got nerfed, wat the fk is next?
    Dom's Crowd Control

I agree, if they want equality, give mages another 2000 HP and AC!

/signed

Telaran

Yeah it's pretty much ridiculous - I played a tank for 15 years, and decided this time I wanted to play a caster.... Worst decision in an mmorpg I've ever made. Mages in this game are pretty much worthless, unless you wanna be an Archon Buffwhore.

I should have made <insert a non-mage class here>.

Funny thing is that 2 months ago when i said that Warlock Armor is essential to survivability and needs a buff whole mage community was flaming me.

Wat lvl are you and wat rank?
    And which WF are you playing? you mean lvl 20s?

Maybe you play as necro/lock or chloro, with s.ihit dps and and it take ages to bring down a person.. By the time you are about to kill, someone has already arrived to help the enemy...

I am speaking of dps mage with low survivability and low dps... I bet i can still own you like a rat...
    Can you read or are you too angry to focus on anything? I said I rule KB and damage. So do a lot of mages. No, I'm not playing a tanky mage who fails at killing and feels good because his slow reaction times are compensated by some stupid survivability gimmick.

It's called Dominator. It's the new pyro, just stronger. Try it, stop the QQ.

Oh and just because you asked, I'm p6 and playing all WFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchews View Post

I pvp frequently, have been doing so since day 1. I was there as a Pyro (when the Mage class was actually fairly balanced in PvP.) before it was nerfed to worthlessness.

Currently you should rename the class to "Cannon Fodder."
    R O F L ! GOOD JOKE!

You made me spill my coffee on my keyboard.

Pyro was the most easy to play, massivley overpowered and derp friendly spec there ever was.

The fact that you think it was fairly balanced shows that you realy have no clue what you are talking about and that Mages are "Cannon Fodder" confirms it.

There are plenty of viable mage specs for pvp out there.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Well, I don't know about PvP. But in PvE (QvQ) I went from doing 1.7k DPS on Plutonus to doing 1.2k DPS, it's a pretty big DPS nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post
    Well, I don't know about PvP. But in PvE (QvQ) I went from doing 1.7k DPS on Plutonus to doing 1.2k DPS, it's a pretty big DPS nerf.
    I did not and will not comment about pve, since I'm not doing it. I believe that your dps was hurt, but I also know some well known mages who still pull very good numbers. So I'm not convinced it's totally ruined.

But I cannot judge this, like I said. But I remember my wow days, where I was raiding pretty "hardcore" and there have been those times as well. People often fear change and refuse to adapt. Coming to the boards and complain is easier. What I find alarming though, is the fact that everyone seems to be convinced they can judge the situation perfectly and don't even consider, they might be doing something wrong. It's trions fault immediately, the system has to be screwed, it can't be something else. Actually, I call this ignorance. But it seems to be the standard view of most players. Alarming, as I said.

But again, I'm not implying you or others don't know how to play, since I'm not raiding myself. I'm just reading stuff and come to conclusions. Nothing else...

Shadowlander

I did not and will not comment about pve, since I'm not doing it. I believe that your dps was hurt, but I also know some well known mages who still pull very good numbers. So I'm not convinced it's totally ruined.

But I cannot judge this, like I said. But I remember my wow days, where I was raiding pretty "hardcore" and there have been those times as well. People often fear change and refuse to adapt. Coming to the boards and complain is easier. What I find alarming though, is the fact that everyone seems to be convinced they can judge the situation perfectly and don't even consider, they might be doing something wrong. It's trions fault immediately, the system has to be screwed, it can't be something else. Actually, I call this ignorance. But it seems to be the standard view of most players. Alarming, as I said.

But again, I'm not implying you or others don't know how to play, since I'm not raiding myself. I'm just reading stuff and come to conclusions. Nothing else...

Elaine*...**** already idiot. It is people like you who I just wanna punch in the face irl. You tell people its a l2p issue and wahaa whahaa stop qq yadda yadda yadda...**** YOU. I didnt pay 60.00 for a game and 15.00 a month for the past 6 months to end up only having 1 ****ing class I could play to keep up with everyone else in Rift. OOO omogz Dom is soo Awsome..ooooh insert (***** finger flavor here) Gratz you idiot..if Dom is more powerful than Pyro how long you think it will last before its nerfed? (oooh didnt think about that did ya smart guy)

2nd
    Where is mage burst DPS? I DAREE YOU to ****ing say dom you idiot. I play dom and yes i can rack up some KBs and hold top dps...but its horrible burst dps. Every other class has a burst dps class that can **** face...why does the mage not have one?

Pyro was OP prior to 1.3 due to 1 ability and that was Inferno. Its on a Cool down now. Problem semi solved. Why semi solved? Ok yes, Fum had the ability sometimes to reach ridiculous #s. So the 20% nerf might have been needed if it truly were just a 20% nerf. Problem is, FUM nerf was WAAAAAAY ****ing more than 20% you ****ing morons TRION and some of us who actually use parses have proved it. So clearly this was a horrible mage nerf that has fallen on DEAF freaking ears with no responses from TRION. They have lost alot of customers do to their lack of C/S. Maybe it will be fixed...Maybe Not, maybe Rogues are next in the next patch, and then Warriors after that... Maybe they will switch the name to Rift-Hammer and low and behold..everything will start to make sense.

Sincerely,

-Agenos

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast