+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else disgusted with Chloro atm?

Rift Disciple

Default Anyone else disgusted with Chloro atm?

I have been PuGing T2's since 1.0 as chloro and always enjoyed it, even if it was hard (Pugs you know) it kept me sharp.

However Chloro in T2 PuGs atm is just so ******* awful it makes me want to quit this game.

Pre 1.3, if a tank had 100 toughness and was squishy. I could manage.
    Pre 1.3, if the dps sucked ***, I could outdps them and I enjoyed being able to assist with dps.

Post 1.3 is a total nightmare and destroyed the entire chloromancer soul that made it FUN.
    Unless ur tank actually outgears it, healing T2 as a chloro is just plain horrid. I haven't spent this much time in single T2's since 1.0 (and even then not this much) and this patch feels like a huge nerf but also boring as hell. The only way for me to keep certain tanks alive is by doing ZERO dps and spamming the 2.5 heal non stop, there just is no room for Void Life/Ruin/NT, which all simply have pitiful healing. The class has been reduced to a 1 button WoW holy paladin.

And if ur tank is well geared, you just one button the channel (void life) and toss some NTs/Ruins in there for a disgruntling amount of dps that just makes me sad. I also have no decent AoE anymore with this build that is forced upon me simply because 51 point chloro is a must for healing T2.

Before people say L2play, chloro is fine.
    I have been healing for years and I am always top HPS in raids.

So this is coming from a T2/T3 mage: Chloromancer just isn't fun nor effective as a dungeon party healer.

Sez

"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
    Little boy blue and the man on the moon
    When you comin' home dad?
    I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
    You know we'll have a good time then
    "
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Nope, been having a blast healing T2s. Was stupidly overpowered and easy pre 1.3, now I actually have to pay attention. Still isn't hard though.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    "And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
    Little boy blue and the man on the moon
    When you comin' home dad?
    I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
    You know we'll have a good time then
    "
    the guy who spends more time on the mage forums than most mages..

Plane Walker

Default yeah

but not the dungeon stuff, it's the other stuff, I like the 2 51 spells of 1.2...there was darn good dmg I could get outta those two, during invasions.....now I seem dull, like I'm not really needed or missed if gone.

If we are duo'ing a rift....sure some sythesis goes a long way.....but as a group, I feel useless

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Moker View Post
    I have been PuGing T2's since 1.0 as chloro and always enjoyed it, even if it was hard (Pugs you know) it kept me sharp.

However Chloro in T2 PuGs atm is just so ******* awful it makes me want to quit this game.

Pre 1.3, if the dps sucked ***, I could outdps them and I enjoyed being able to assist with dps.

Post 1.3 is a total nightmare and destroyed the entire chloromancer soul that made it FUN.
    Unless ur tank actually outgears it, healing T2 as a chloro is just plain horrid. I haven't spent this much time in single T2's since 1.0 (and even then not this much) and this patch feels like a huge nerf but also boring as hell. The only way for me to keep certain tanks alive is by doing ZERO dps and spamming the 2.5 heal non stop, there just is no room for Void Life/Ruin/NT, which all simply have pitiful healing. The class has been reduced to a 1 button WoW holy paladin.

And if ur tank is well geared, you just one button the channel (void life) and toss some NTs/Ruins in there for a disgruntling amount of dps that just makes me sad. I also have no decent AoE anymore with this build that is forced upon me simply because 51 point chloro is a must for healing T2.

So this is coming from a T2/T3 mage: Chloromancer just isn't fun nor effective as a dungeon party healer.
    And don't forget the wonderful buff forcing 51 points in Chloro to heal for less than you did before. Welcome to WoW lite, Rift.

Any game built around trees where you can have more than 1 at a time and they force you to put 80% in one tree is epic fail.

It fails big time.

And Rift now is failing. Soul system? What Soul system?

There is no thinking. It's just picking everything on 1 soul with a handful left that doesn't really matter where you put them. No one would know the difference.

They'd know you weren't 51 in Chloro because you'd fail healing the 5 man even if you over geared it.

Telaran

I just want something to do other than void life spam!

Or an autocast macro so i can do something productive with my life while my character heals. Like cure cancer and/or poverty. Those are big issues these days, you know.

Soulwalker

Default correct me if i am wrong

I have also been playing raid/dungeon healers for almost a decade & as far as i can tell from beta all the way up till current of this game. The Chloro was never meant to be a mainline healer.So why would you pick it, then complain when it's nerfed. i researched the chloro & pls correct me if i am wrong but from the skills they get ; isn't it supposed to be a hybrid support dps/ support healer build. the only true raid raid/dungeon healer class in this game is the cleric (based on skills/skill tree)..oh & btw in the games i have played/healed I too.. stay in the #1,#2 spots for healing in PvP & raids/dungeons..this game i am still upcoming ;) i have seen other out-heal me in this game hands down (mainly because of gear)..but all of which where clerics. Chloro's are appx 30% below them

Quote Originally Posted by niterage View Post
    The Chloro was never meant to be a mainline healer.
    Um, wrong.

Telaran

If they didn't want chloros to be main healers, they wouldn't let us queue as healers. Offheals would be considered support.

It seems like chloros were meant to be main healers that can also put out a small amount of dps, in exchange for less cooldown spells for when something goes wrong.

But it's hard to say what the devs are thinking. Prior to 1.3, they had made nature's touch so good that was ALMOST like an "oh ****" button with only a 6 second cool down. They also put out more dps than a main healer should. Then before 1.3 hit, they were thinking of turning us into single target heal spammers! What the hell?

Soulwalker

have you speced 51 chloro / 15 lock / 0 archon/dom ( your choice) for MT healing?

I'm a mage and all I am good at is crying about everything that isn't going to make me do more dps then everyone and kill all who stand in front of me without ever taking any damage,my teers are better then learning to shutup and play and realiize that skillz pwn patches.....A hope all other classes drown in my salty teers, enough already mages,do any of you realize that 98 percent of the mage forum is nothing but crying about everything...play the game for a change

I seriously do not understand the moaning, even from my own guildies.

How was it fair that chloros were doing a decent amount of dps and also very high healing. Healing clerics were useless noone wanted to take a cleric to raids ( well maybe 1 for mass dispel :P ) and instances simply because the super chloro could do it all.

I hated chloro prior 1.3 no skill passive healing and you got everything on a platter served before you DPS and Healing. Pardon me but that isnt on, the crown of the mighty chloros has fallen and you actually have to pay attention now in instances and raids. Want higer dps? Work at it. Want your tank to survive? Sweat at it.

I absolutely love chloro now. Now I have control over how I heal and not only passive heals in the background.

I am switching from main dps to chloro now simply because of how the class is awesome now.

In pvp I am still mainly 51 Dmi but am more often going 34/32 chloro/domi that does a decent amount of healing and dmg.
    So chloros are atm where they should be in my opinion good for pvp and pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Isacintha View Post
    I seriously do not understand the moaning, even from my own guildies.

How was it fair that chloros were doing a decent amount of dps and also very high healing. Healing clerics were useless noone wanted to take a cleric to raids ( well maybe 1 for mass dispel :P ) and instances simply because the super chloro could do it all.

I hated chloro prior 1.3 no skill passive healing and you got everything on a platter served before you DPS and Healing. Pardon me but that isnt on, the crown of the mighty chloros has fallen and you actually have to pay attention now in instances and raids. Want higer dps? Work at it. Want your tank to survive? Sweat at it.

I absolutely love chloro now. Now I have control over how I heal and not only passive heals in the background.

I am switching from main dps to chloro now simply because of how the class is awesome now.

In pvp I am still mainly 51 Dmi but am more often going 34/32 chloro/domi that does a decent amount of healing and dmg.
    So chloros are atm where they should be in my opinion good for pvp and pve.
    I don't dispute that chlor is still fine. But your claim that raids only took one cleric maybe for mass dispel before 1.3 is simply a LIE. Healer's covenant, 51 purifer, all very important for main tank. Before 1.3, we took 1 chlor, after 1.3, we still took 1 chlor.

Please name me one raiding guilds that only took one healing cleric before 1.3 for mass dispel only. Most bosses don't even need mass dispelling except maybe Johlin to cure blind... So in all other bosses, raiding guilds take chlor only for healing?

What a load of nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Rift Chaser

The only problem I have... and i mean the ONLY issue... is when I come up against a boss that requires a. constant movement AND b. has a reflective shield.

Which includes the warden in RD and the last boss in AP. Because if i can't damage the boss, my healing goes to crap. The 51 point talent is fine except you have to stand still too long to cast it. Also RotF can be a pain in the butt, but no one does t1's anymore so that's kinda moot.

Either I'm really good, or a lot of people are really bad and have no idea how to adjust. I really have not noticed any difference at all in my healing ability, and I would probably say that with Natural Splendor, it may even have gone up a bit (again, outside of bosses with damage shields).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast