+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: One button spam PVE specs

  1. #1
    Soulwalker squidly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11

    Unhappy One button spam PVE specs

    I just wanted to point out that it is rlly sad to see that trion favors this kind of one button spam PVE while mages juggle their way through the souls and countless buttons to do sometimes less dps then a one button spam class atm.

    Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-button-pwnage!
    Cleric
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eric-DPS-Build

    and ofc the warriors r nearly no different with one spam macro and one finisher macro (2 buttons!!)

    i am sure it must be boring for all classes too to spam one button, i am sure it doesnt make you an awesome player if u just do spam one button like stated in those threads, but still it doesnt change the fact that u can do stupid amount of dps just doing so... and the direction that they r going is just plain sad overall.
    but yes we have the best ranged dps =p
    Last edited by squidly; 07-01-2011 at 11:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squidly View Post
    I just wanted to point out that it is rlly sad to see that trion favors this kind of one button spam PVE while mages juggle their way through the souls and countless buttons to do sometimes less dps then a one button spam class atm.

    Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-button-pwnage!
    Cleric
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eric-DPS-Build

    and ofc the warriors r nearly no different with one spam macro and one finisher macro (2 buttons!!)

    i am sure it must be boring for all classes too to spam one button, i am sure it doesnt make you an awesome player if u just do spam one button like stated in those threads, but still it doesnt change the fact that u can do stupid amount of dps just doing so... and the direction that they r going is just plain sad overall.
    but yes we have the best ranged dps =p
    Most mage rotations are simple as ****. I've never entirely understood the complaining about 1 button rotations. We may not be able to get our rotations down to one button; but I rarely use more than 5 if you include cooldowns and charge wasters. Hell, even storm caller I only use 5.

  3. #3
    Rift Master bubulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sivlin View Post
    Most mage rotations are simple as ****. I've never entirely understood the complaining about 1 button rotations. We may not be able to get our rotations down to one button; but I rarely use more than 5 if you include cooldowns and charge wasters. Hell, even storm caller I only use 5.
    Tell me how warlock/necro can use 5 buttons only and as easy as one button macro spamming.

    Pyro might be the easiest mage soul since pyro really don't have a rotation to speak of.

    Overall, the so called variety in this soul system went to drainage system when most souls can just copy and paste macro and then spam it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    I'm glad that these aren't the optimal way to play my mage myself. I'd be disappointed if I was one of the other callings. Having to do a few things and work them in while fighting a boss is one of the things that keeps the new encounters enjoyable for at least a bit longer.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Capri Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sivlin View Post
    Most mage rotations are simple as ****. I've never entirely understood the complaining about 1 button rotations. We may not be able to get our rotations down to one button; but I rarely use more than 5 if you include cooldowns and charge wasters. Hell, even storm caller I only use 5.
    You're missing out on a lot of dps then.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    If they introduce Cast Sequence into the game then that will make it a bit easier for us. A certain other MMO has a pretty incredible macro system that I really wish this game borrowed a few things.

    A conditional statement in the macro system to identify things like this would rock.
    If Buff(Opportunity) = True Then
    Cast LongCastSpell
    Else
    Cast SpamSpell
    End if

    Being able to customize the UI for reactive spells is probably what we will get. Giant flashing Opportunity on your screen. Dots get big when they hit the 3 seconds left mark etc.
    I play @1920x1080 and really can't wait for some UI customization.
    Pheowna | DPS Mage
    <Breaking Bads> 11/11 HK
    Guardian | Seastone
    3803 DPS Sicaron 11/2

  7. #7
    Soulwalker squidly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capri Moon View Post
    You're missing out on a lot of dps then.
    for example if u r playing stormcaller u have to watch ur debuffs on the mob,u have to do the rotation which is unspammable usually, u have to turn on and off ur 20 pct increase and add building storm for ur max dps and add ur increasers. for aoe it is a whole new set of spell u need to add. to make it perfect and it is rlly hard to do while moving on some bosses.

    this is wht i meant. i am playing a mage since i like to use different abilities anyways rather than spamming one key =) i wouldnt want spam one key specs for mages anyways.

    i was just trying to say i find it too lame for other classes to nearly "have to" spam one button for max pve dps , and that i find it sad that they can pull such parses while just doing those spam rotations.
    Last edited by squidly; 07-01-2011 at 12:09 PM.

  8. #8
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    You can always re-pick... If mage is too much for you to handle...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sivlin View Post
    Most mage rotations are simple as ****. I've never entirely understood the complaining about 1 button rotations. We may not be able to get our rotations down to one button; but I rarely use more than 5 if you include cooldowns and charge wasters. Hell, even storm caller I only use 5.
    Just because youre not optimising your rotations doesnt mean everyone else isnt.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    there are many non-mage souls that have all of their major skills in place with 20 points

    not sure why you'd want to trade superior class design for one-button simplicity
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara wallweasels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    there are many non-mage souls that have all of their major skills in place with 20 points

    not sure why you'd want to trade superior class design for one-button simplicity
    I see it more as "why are they so simple?" rather than "I want to be that simple" :x I remember once being chuckled at by a few guildies who play warrior since i asked how many cooldowns they used in a parse. be fair this was awhile ago.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Mauti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    It's stated explicitly many times in Hoko's thread that it is meant as a lazy-man tank-n-spank encounter spec. He likes to raid while drinking so he wants less complication. People have even shown you can improve his spec's DPS by adding more buttons to hit, but then it defeats the purpose of the spec.
    Kivuli
    <Waiting on Diablo
    Freeholme Defiant
    http://www.waitingondiablo.com

  13. #13
    Champion Timewarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Whether or not the one-button specs are optimal, they are still getting better results (far more easily), than mage specs. The only comparable EZ-mode spec mages have is Zoomancer, since it doesn't even need to manage charge (past having enough for EtC).
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    there are many non-mage souls that have all of their major skills in place with 20 points

    not sure why you'd want to trade superior class design for one-button simplicity
    It has more to do with separating the good players from the bad. Bad/lazy mages aren't capable of reaching top numbers, but all the other classes are able to... which just sort of adds insult to injury considering how badly mages are being beaten.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Pendu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    It has more to do with separating the good players from the bad. Bad/lazy mages aren't capable of reaching top numbers, but all the other classes are able to... which just sort of adds insult to injury considering how badly mages are being beaten.
    yeah for mages dps depends on different things, skill and gear, for the 1-2 macro bashers its 100% gear and the ability to setup/copy a macro.

    with this game's very poor dot tracking, encounters are a lot harder for mages than they are for 1-2 button bashers, because you have to look at different things at the same time.. they just bash a button or two and can focus fully on the encounter.

    when addons get implemented a proper set of addons would help mages immensely and I refuse to believe Trion wants this type (heavy macro-ing) of gameplay in the first place, so hopefully in a couple of patches away they'll overhaul the whole system and make skill a factor for everyone. perhaps I'm just dreaming
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts