+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lifebound veil / lifegiving veil - confused :/

Telaran

Default lifebound veil / lifegiving veil - confused :/

dont play my mage a lot, and poking around with chloro...

lifegiving: 100%
    lifebound : 30%

both are AOE
    both have same drawbacks from aoe damage

Synthesis gives target of lifebound 100% more.. so it becomes 60% of damage

are the tooltips broken ? am i misreading it ? or is lifegiving better than lifebound WITH synthesis ?!

seems stupid so i assume i havent understood it or

Quote Originally Posted by Lindraskada View Post
    dont play my mage a lot, and poking around with chloro...

lifegiving: 100%
    lifebound : 30%

both are AOE
    both have same drawbacks from aoe damage

Synthesis gives target of lifebound 100% more.. so it becomes 60% of damage

are the tooltips broken ? am i misreading it ? or is lifegiving better than lifebound WITH synthesis ?!

seems stupid so i assume i havent understood it or
    I loves my Chloromancer! ;p

As stated in other threads Lifebound is for Tank healing while Lifegiving is for raid/aoe healing

Life bound 30% + 30% fully 51 Chloro
    Synthesis (100%)+ natures Touch (+100%), Void Life (+90%) on top of that is what Lifebound benefits most from. You also get that Additional heal every time you hit an enemy with NT, VL.
    Last edited by Dominion85; 07-01-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Sez

Here's a fun note: When you cast synth on your tank, Lifebound veil auto-casts on you as well!

Neat!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Here's a fun note: When you cast synth on your tank, Lifebound veil auto-casts on you as well!

Neat!
    I really don't know why they don't just take Lifebound out and just add it to the description of synthesis.

Ascendant

The real point of confusion is that Synthesis is additive, not multiplicative. The target is healed for 130%, not 60%. So the final total is 220%, fully talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I really don't know why they don't just take Lifebound out and just add it to the description of synthesis.
    TO confuse the masses LOL you know how many other chloromancers I partied up with casted LG followed by Synth post 1.3?

Keep up the good work Trion! you have trolled us all

Telaran

aah cheers for info folks
    being a mightly lvl 16 this might be why i havent worked out whats missing from the bits and bobs, oh well

onward and upwards

Plane Touched

Actually something I intended to test, but have not yet...

Void life ... states: that it heals the synthesis target for an additional 90% of the damage, it says nothing about lifebound vs lifegiving.

Can anyone confirm (via testing not via your best guess) that having up lifegiving viel, and synthesis does or does not receive the additional 90%?
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    Actually something I intended to test, but have not yet...

Void life ... states: that it heals the synthesis target for an additional 90% of the damage, it says nothing about lifebound vs lifegiving.

Can anyone confirm (via testing not via your best guess) that having up lifegiving viel, and synthesis does or does not receive the additional 90%?
    Synthesis - "increasing healing they recieve from Lifebound Veil by 100%" Also every time you cast Synthesis it auto casts LB on you so... yeah... lwont work lol :/

Ive had both LG w/ Synthesis and LB and yeah Void Life will only get the additional heal with synthesis w/ LB
    Last edited by Dominion85; 07-01-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Soulwalker

My friends and I were testing and it seems that unless if your chloromancer is not high enough for Void Life using Lifebound is actually a healing loss even for your tank. The only spell that uses synthesis effectively is Nature's Touch prior to Void Life and Nature's Touch has a cast time and cooldown. This means you have to use Vile Spores, Ruin, and Reclamation. They should really just push Synthesis and Lifebound veil back to high level since low level chloromancers mistakenly try to use for healing dungeons.
    Last edited by Masophet; 07-01-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masophet View Post
    My friends and I were testing and it seems that unless if your chloromancer is not high enough for Void Life using Lifebound is actually a healing loss even for your tank. The only spell that uses synthesis effectively is Nature's Touch prior to Void Life and Nature's Touch has a cast time and cooldown. This means you have to use Vile Spores, Ruin, and Reclamation. They should really just push Synthesis and Lifebound veil back to high level since low level chloromancers mistakenly try to use for healing dungeons.
    A lot of others would disagree... Read bluedots guide and most Tank HPS is casting this order

NT > VL > VL (2 Ticks)

Rinse and repeat... always repeat lol

oh hmm.. yeah if you use LB might as well be a 51 spec chloro true
    Last edited by Dominion85; 07-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dominion85 View Post
    A lot of others would disagree... Read bluedots guide and most Tank HPS is casting this order

NT > VL > VL (2 Ticks)

Rinse and repeat... always repeat lol

oh hmm.. yeah if you use LB might as well be a 51 spec chloro true
    Seems to me that they're talking about leveling chloros. What leveling chloro has VL? (something Trion should change.)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tonomi View Post
    Seems to me that they're talking about leveling chloros. What leveling chloro has VL? (something Trion should change.)
    Thank you, this is what I was getting at. It doesn't make sense that you have to wait till 51 points to use something you get at 11 points effectively.

+ Reply to Thread