+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My PvP Chloro Build

Telaran

Default My PvP Chloro Build

Just a modification on a build that I've used pre-1.3, but not expanded to include some other goodies in the chloro tree.

No feedback is necessary here, because I probably won't check the thread again. I just wanted to give options to others who don't feel like playing other cookie cutters (if we can call them that at this point in time).

Chloro-Ele-Archmage

Note: This build isn't meant to single-target heal (that's what 51 is for, imo), so I don't pick up NT, Synthesis etc.

Benefit: Spells hitting harder, so more heal output. This beats out the % gained from going full 51 (I play with both 51pvp and this build depending on how I'm feeling). The Nature's Fury will definitely net you a few kills as it bounces around randomly critting people for 2k a pop. Corrosion for those stealthed rogues, along with living energy.

My kill/dps combo: Entropic Veil > Lightning Strike > Ruin > Stream of Reclamation > Nature's Fury(if still alive).

Otherwise, I just use typical heal rotation with Fury added in for spice: Nature's Fury > Ruin > Vile spore and Wild Growth when it's up.

Emergency Self-Heal Option: Detaunt > Bloom > Flourish > Sacrifice Pet > Essence Surge. ...... save the pet and surge for last ditch options obviously, and just hope you either kill them, or someone else comes to help you.

Enjoy.
    IraLee
    Molinar :+:Guardian:+:Threshold Guild

Prophet of Telara

just like pre 1.3

i roll 44lock/18chloro/4am
    and sometimes 32lock/32chloro/AM

i try lock/necro but miss the heals

Rift Master

Improvements in my opinion.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Ro.VtczoxoIz.x

Overload is Tempest that's easier to reach. Deeper into AM also lets you grab Hastened Withdrawl which is almost mandatory for kiting/LoSing Warriors and Marks (Syncs up with Wild Abandon).

Then those 6 points go into Chloro picking up the root 38 skill blight which for obvious reasons is useful, and you fill out Circle of Life because critting Bloom saves lives.

3/3 AoE Radiant Spores I prefer to the extra damage of Nature's Corrosion. Keeps team alive.

These changes forsake your Sacrifice self heal, which is nice but really matters about once per match, a lackluster pet, and extra superfluous charge gain.

Build makes a good flag runner in Whitefall, chart-topping heals in BG/PS, and gamechanging offensive support from Wild Growth and Blight.

Good to note you can use Corrosion and Wild Growth simultaneously and maintain enough charge to keep both up. Corrosion does more than one would think for healing, it's basically an AoE Hot that does more healing the more players it hits, and I use it almost on cooldown.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Improvements in my opinion.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Ro.VtczoxoIz.x

Overload is Tempest that's easier to reach. Deeper into AM also lets you grab Hastened Withdrawl which is almost mandatory for kiting/LoSing Warriors and Marks (Syncs up with Wild Abandon).

Then those 6 points go into Chloro picking up the root 38 skill blight which for obvious reasons is useful, and you fill out Circle of Life because critting Bloom saves lives.

3/3 AoE Radiant Spores I prefer to the extra damage of Nature's Corrosion. Keeps team alive.

These changes forsake your Sacrifice self heal, which is nice but really matters about once per match, a lackluster pet, and extra superfluous charge gain.

Build makes a good flag runner in Whitefall, chart-topping heals in BG/PS, and gamechanging offensive support from Wild Growth and Blight.

Good to note you can use Corrosion and Wild Growth simultaneously and maintain enough charge to keep both up. Corrosion does more than one would think for healing, it's basically an AoE Hot that does more healing the more players it hits, and I use it almost on cooldown.
    If you're in range to hit multiple people with Corrosion... you're doing it wrong. Point in case.

Also, the reason charge gained from pet attacks are not superfluous. From a theory-craft standpoint it may seem that way, but for 4 months, I can honestly tell you that no it's not.

Also, having sacrifice to keep yourself alive on the just-in-case is necessary. It's not the healers job to manage heal-debuffs... especially when rogues and warriors get it almost ALL the time in their builds. The chloro version is mediocre at best, except vs. a warden where it strips all of their current hots. 8 seconds of heal debuff isn't enough to take down a healer who can decurse themselves, whereas the warrior debuff can't be removed.

And yes, the AM +30% crit dmg is easier to reach, but you lose a lot of the utility that comes with the elementalist.

Again, take it for what it is... this build is for those who have the desire to go offensive and actually kill someone when desired, and still maintain top heals and survival. As a sidenote, today in Port Scion I put out over 500k heals and had 17 killing blows with 4 deaths. Not sure many other chloro builds will do that.
    IraLee
    Molinar :+:Guardian:+:Threshold Guild

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kaicho View Post
    If you're in range to hit multiple people with Corrosion... you're doing it wrong. Point in case.
    The correct expression is 'case in point' and no, you wouldn't be doing it wrong. You stand on flags to have corrosion interrupt and catch everyone in wild growth, and to maintain LOS to your offense. If you're picking a tanky subsoul like Elementalist to support, then get up there and make use of it.

Also, the reason charge gained from pet attacks are not superfluous. From a theory-craft standpoint it may seem that way, but for 4 months, I can honestly tell you that no it's not.
    3 charge every time the pet attacks, which is every 2 seconds+ travel time, is not necessary. You can already maintain enough Veil uptime and no other Chloro charge ability prevents charge gain. I've been playing Chloro 4 months as well, neat right?

Also, having sacrifice to keep yourself alive on the just-in-case is necessary. It's not the healers job to manage heal-debuffs... especially when rogues and warriors get it almost ALL the time in their builds. The chloro version is mediocre at best, except vs. a warden where it strips all of their current hots. 8 seconds of heal debuff isn't enough to take down a healer who can decurse themselves, whereas the warrior debuff can't be removed.

And yes, the AM +30% crit dmg is easier to reach, but you lose a lot of the utility that comes with the elementalist.
    Blight aside, you're giving up Hastened Withdrawl and Circle of Life for your 2 min cooldown sacrifice which doesn't heal as much as your 10s Bloom. Sacrifice might save you once a warfront. Might. Hastened withdrawl and Circle of Life will make a difference every single time you see combat as a Chloromancer.

Back to Blight, you're telling me it's not the healer's job to maintain heal debuff's, yet throwing out a Lightning Strike is the healer's job? Doesn't really make sense.
    The Chloro version is awesome in that it will completely strip a Warden's (the most common PVP healer) Soothing Stream stack + other hots, which means they can actually die. Throw up a priest's lament (38/10 Dom/18 AM) and they fold to you and your assist.

Again, take it for what it is... this build is for those who have the desire to go offensive and actually kill someone when desired, and still maintain top heals and survival. As a sidenote, today in Port Scion I put out over 500k heals and had 17 killing blows with 4 deaths. Not sure many other chloro builds will do that.
    I wouldn't say Lightning Strike alone adds enough punch to truly 'go offensive' in a way that I would appreciate the utility. Main problem with your build? No Hastened Withdrawl. If you play often enough to have a number on your head every match and don't have that passive, you get really familiar with the graveyard. Sidenote, yesterday I put out over 700k heals in Scion, 500k damage, the deaths were lower, you can guess the killing blows. Today I carried 6 flags end to end in Whitefall through the opposing team. We're in the same battlegroups and I'll see you in the warfronts
    Last edited by Mezkh; 07-01-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaicho View Post

No he are right..I play a frontline Chloro bomber and it totally works 51chl/10wl/5am..Corrosion-Wild Growth-Natural Splendor...for me it did require a 51 spec so you can spam Void Life for charge generator and interrupts are not that big a problem I do lack the panicbuttons from warlock though..you are way more vulnerable in the backline where everyone can see what you are doing and are getting ganked by rogues..btw Corrosion pop stealthers aswell...its a general problem with healers that tend to make themselves victims instead of being the aggressors.

On opportunity procs you fire Natures Fury-Natures Touch-or Natural Healing depending on situation.
    And no blight you use when you have the chance and it makes sense..you dont want your heal-anchor to drop to fast =)
    Chloros are ok for bomb groups in pvp they do lack abit of tools though,since as I see it we got forced into deep chloro specs.
    Last edited by SmokinBuddha; 07-02-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Have to say I think there are a lot of wasted points in that spec op.

Chloro/lock is better dps, more survivability and will get more kb's using Dev Shadows/NF than that spec.

Oh and whoever said chloros sometimes melee are doing it wrong, are you joking? Wild Growth, Corrision, Mortality. Combined with other aoe's as well as flourish, ruin and NF makes for way more dps/hps than stood at the back poking VS then getting rogued.

Also you have the advantage that you are with the melee dpsers so they see easily when you are attacked.

500k healed in scion? only? Come back when your applying for the 1mill club
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

+ Reply to Thread