+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The woes of an average Mage. (A message to Trion)

Exclamation The woes of an average Mage. (A message to Trion)

I really do WANT to like my mage, but I am just disappointed at the moment. I have no idea why you (Trion) would do such drastic changes to Mages, without -apparently- even testing their full impact.

There maybe 1% to 2% of the mages doing "ok" in the DPS department, but that does not mean the Class as a whole is fine, certainly not for the majority of us. I did not roll a Mage to heal, I want to DPS. Healing was a nice bonus, and Chloros seem to be alright or even pretty good (although a lot more boring now) in a raiding environment, from what I could see. But what about our DPS?

What I do know is that we seem to be having subtle changes in our guild; some mages are losing interest in the game, and some are being asked if they could switch to Chloro and/or Archon, to leave a DPS slot to classes that can actually ... DPS better.

Our guild is not hardcore or anything, and we are still gearing up and pushing through the raid content. But there are DPS checks (or burn phases or w/e you want to call it) like "Johlen", where the DPS issue starts to rise to the surface, even in laidback guild like ours. You really want the most DPS out of your raid on those bombs or you will simply wipe; Such cases put mages in a bad light and truly expose what is wrong with Mages at the moment.

One of the better mages (t2 geared) in our guild got tired of being consistently out-DPSed by similarly-geared Rogues and Warriors. What tipped him over was getting out-DPSed in AOE by our Tank's new alt -a rogue with Blue/Crafted gear - and so he is rolling a rogue to better contribute to the raids when DPS is concerned. I can't blame him, but that cannot be the answer.

As for PVP, everyone knows it is all about mobility, cc, and the ability to do instant damage. Most often, there is no time to even do a 2s cast, because I am usually dead before that (even with rank 3/4 gear).

We had one good bursty spec (Pyro) that was viable for PVP and you gutted it. Prior to that you did some PVP changes that directly nerfed some aspects of Pyros (like the red ball change), and we were ok with it. But now you made Pyros a laughing stock. You even made "PVP-Only" changes to Pyros that I haven't seen happen to any other class!

I would understand that, if we were the only sharks out there. But, what about all unkillable clerics that can heal themselves through a lot of punishment from 5 people, and keep others alive at the same time? Or the Warriors and Rogues that kill me in 3 seconds, in the span of one cc and before I could react? Wasn't that why you nerfed Mages in the first place?! Yes I am an average player but I am sick of double standards. I don't want to be too harsh, but I REALLY was expecting a lot better from you Trion.

Anyway, I won't be PVPing on my mage much anymore, except for the odd daily. I would rather roll a Warrior, Rogue, or better yet, a Cleric for PVP. Lock/Nec does have more survivability, but the damage is long-drawn and slow, and any of the other classes will kill you before you kill them. And while Dom is a lot better now (and viable in a few cases), you will still get slaughtered in no time by Rogues and Warriors.

In conclustion, I am disheartened with my mage and starting to regret rolling one (however fun it was to level him up). It feels like it's the dreaded [you know which] experience all over again. I want to have faith in you Trion, but please, we need some help here!!

/rant off
    Last edited by Atavus; 07-01-2011 at 07:24 AM.

I don't care about the PVE part, but you are terribly worg about PVP. Gear+Dominator = even stronger mages than ever before.

But you are entitled to your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    I don't care about the PVE part, but you are terribly worg about PVP. Gear+Dominator = even stronger mages than ever before.

But you are entitled to your own opinion.
    wrong*

Love editing rules <3

Dont waste your breath mages... they are tweaking classes in every patch...
    Poor rogues (myself included) cried like babies and half of them rolled mages... only to get insanly buffed few weeks later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

+ Reply to Thread