+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.3 Specs (Non-Zoomancer)

Rift Disciple

Exclamation 1.3 Specs (Non-Zoomancer)

I am slightly ******ed when it comes to anything outside of SC/ELE when it comes to mages, as i leveled and raided as it only. So I am asking for advice from my fellow magi.

I am not putting up the numbers to stay competitive with my raid so I am looking for something with a little more punch, I can do pretty good numbers with Zoomancer but the pet AI is pretty weak.

I am open to anything that can help me move up on the meters, i have 1000sp and 700crit (Numbers aren't exact, but can provide them if needed).

Spec's and rotations if you guys dont mind helping me out.

I am not opposed to spending a few hours on the target dummy in order to learn a rotation. (Did with BS spec)

Sword of Telara

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...eoo.efujuusuts

Has full archon stat buffs, so you have a lot more SP/scrit from it.

I had fun with this build and it's actually fairly decent DPS and scales fairly decently. No it won't match a perfect AB rotation, but you can only have one of those per raid.

Power Drain + Internalize Charge stack, so on your instant cast procs like Cinder Burst, you can toggle both, cast, then toggle off for a 30% boost. I also use them to toggle my flame bolt damage to make it more worthwhile casting besides the 5% damage. It also has the addition of a volcanic bomb, that while obviously not stacking with the one your archon is casting, can give additional uptime to your raid, which if you consider 5% DPS to the raid it's another fairly significant use of the build. Power drain could also be used on fights like Hylas, should your archon be unfortunately killed and you need to take over duties. A bit of raid redundancy, but it can help when things are not on farm status.

Rotationwise:
    Flame Bolt
    Double boost Leeching Flames
    Volcanic Bomb
    Fireball Spam
    Double boost Cinderburst procs
    Withering Flames is worth it if you do not get interrupted at all, otherwise skip it
    Heat Wave + Internalize Charge with fireball spam when up.

Pretty much it. Really only a few spells you're using. Inferno is a DPS increase at <30% HP so be aware of that. I haven't done much extensive testing with lockdown, but I suppose it would be viable with enough pyro fiends in the raid. It's a nice alternative to zoomancer, but it will not bring as much damage to the table, and the burst is lower than Pyro/Ele, but this is meant to be a low maintenance alternative to people who may have issues with longer rotations and such.

Champion

I believe SC/Ele is still the highest DPS spec, and Lock/Necro is just a tad behind it. So if you're not putting out the right numbers with SC/Ele, it's not the spec holding you back... either your gear, rotation, or you're just dealing with the sub-par DPS mages do ATM.

I have a short writeup of my spell rotation and spec for Lock/Necro if you wanna dig thru my post history, but it shouldn't be higher DPS.

Rift Disciple

Well I am still hitting 1k dps but I am no where near the 1500+ people are posting parses of. Granted I have 0 t3, a blue ring and a blue trinket. Staff from xAP and 2 pieces of Badge t1 1 piece of t2 crafted Helm.

So i guess it could very well be a gear issue, I just don't want to lose a raid spot because I am lacking gear.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    I believe SC/Ele is still the highest DPS spec, and Lock/Necro is just a tad behind it. So if you're not putting out the right numbers with SC/Ele, it's not the spec holding you back... either your gear, rotation, or you're just dealing with the sub-par DPS mages do ATM.

I have a short writeup of my spell rotation and spec for Lock/Necro if you wanna dig thru my post history, but it shouldn't be higher DPS.
    I've heard defile is higher parsing. When you say SC/Ele you mean NON-AB rotation right? As more than one can't reliably run their rotations without BS being ripped off unintentionally by an early AB.

Rift Disciple

Just personal preference, but Defile 38 Lock / 28 Necro has been doing extremely well for me in raids. The DPS is about the same as other builds, and I personally find it more fun than Stormcaller. My stats are about the same but a bit more crit, and parse 1k on the dummies and 1.2k or 1.3k single target in raids with full T2 and about 3 pieces of T3. It seems a bit more managable in situations where you have to move as well, keeping the DOTs ticking, so it's pretty consistent DPS, but won't ever put you at the top of the meters. The build should be pretty self evident. 38 in Lock means no opportunity, which is completely useless for this build, always. No soul purge, get the extra % in pet damage when putting 28 in necro.

Rotation is pretty simple, it's just watching buffs that gets engaging. The rotation will generally be:

Sacrifice Life: Damage, Life Leech, Necrosis, Looming Demise, Dark Touch, Defile, Essence Link (optional, but it helps to have trickle heals in a few fights, but generally gets overwritten by other heal debuffs, namely Lingering Wounds from some warriors who don't adjust their specs).

When you have time, Grave Rot to add stacks, and repeat it every so often. Most raid fights it's somewhat optional on, due to boss and pet movement, it seems to lower my personal dps by 10, and increase pet DPS by 30-40.

Spam is just Draining/Void Bolt, in a macro that also has all the pet abilities in it. Neddra's is seperate, though I usually avoid it since it doesn't add much to personal DPS over a void bolt, can sometimes interfere with a movement phase and the refresh on life leech, and we don't run as magic-heavy in our raids.

If you do want to just macro as much as possible, it'd be pet abilites, Neddra's, Saclife damage, draining bolt, void bolt.

Refresh DOTs only after they hit 1s. If they just hit 1s, I usually cast another void bolt, and am re-applying a DOT the second after it drops. If there are multiple DOTs close to ending, refresh both at 2s, with the priority of Defile > Necrosis > Dark Touch.

The only odd thing about this is your charge is generally at full, and watching DOTs. There are 4 damage DOTs, two of which are blue, one is green, and the other is mostly red, which is how I watch for which ones to refresh.

Like mentioned before, it's not the highest DPS possible, but on the mage scale its pretty close to our other 1k+ damage builds.

As for AOE, it's not the numbers or huge burst of stormcaller, but it's still decent. Dark touch > Radiate Death > Grave Rot > then spam Devouring Shadows till stuff is dead or Radiate Deat is up again.

Soulwalker

I use this spec in raids and 5mans:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...kzs.M.ecRhzVVx

And casting like this:
    * Looming Demise and Grave rot at start of the boss-fights, when "running towards boss" so to speak.
    * Then I cast Necrosis and directly after Dark Touch
    * Then I cast Life Leach (this is only needed to be cast once if used correct since void bolt will renew it)
    * Then I spam my "spam-macro" that I will post in the end of the post

When dps-increase is needed (on for example bombs at Johlen) I have 2 alternatives I use in diffrent situations:
    * cast Necrosis and use Soul Purge, then back to above if charges run out. Renewing of Life Leach is needed if using this alternative
    * use Exhume and then Empty the Crypts, and back to above

When AOE is needed I cast Grave Rot, and if I have charges I use Mortality, if no charges I use Devouring Shadows instead.

As pet I use Zealot, and as buffs I use Warlock Armor and Neddra's Might.

The macro I spam is:

#show Void Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Lich Form
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Void Bolt
    Not the perfect dps, not the perfect build, but really easy to play and still above the "average dps" in bossfights. Its just 2 dots to renew every ~18 secunds: Necrosis and Dark Touch, and then spam the macro. If I for some reason fail and looses the Life Leach I just renew it.

Some people reports higher DPS when also renewing looming demise and grave rot as soon as possible, but I only use these when I have to move and are not able to cast void bolts, and its enough for me.

The positive things with this build is hard to measure on dummys since when its possible to move without loosing much DPS, and you reach your "max dps" really fast without a long build-up-time or a messy rotation that will make the dps go down if you do anything wrong. Its almost impossible to "mess up the rotation" playing like this. The only way would be if you spammed the 2 dots instead of the macro of if you forget life leach since this is your best dps-dot that you should'nt loose from the boss.

+ Reply to Thread