+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock and Healer Combo

Soulwalker

Default Warlock and Healer Combo

Guys, I have so many questions I would like to ask that I dont know where to start... LOL but I will try:

- Is there any way to get dual spec in this game (like in WoW)?
    - If there is, would it be better that I focus my talents on DPS DPS and Healer DPS for 2 separate specs?
    - What are the best professions for crafting and gathering as a Mage Warlock - Healer?
    - Can you give me a website where I can find some specs for both DPS and HEalers as a Mage Warlock?
    - Do warlocks have pets? if so, at what level do they get them?
    - Are there any DPS/ Healing addons? Like Curse in WoW?
    - Is level 15 where I get to join Random Dungeons?
    - How is the end game?
    - How is the PVP?

Again, thank you for helping me here and I am asking these questions because I am an experienced wow player that got fed up of the same stuff and want to try something new...

Loving the game so far!

THANK YOU!

Soulwalker

Default Please?

Anyone knows the answer to any of my questions?

Champion

Yes, you can purchase up to 5 specs from your class trainer.

- If there is, would it be better that I focus my talents on DPS DPS and Healer DPS for 2 separate specs?
    ATM you just want to dump all of your points into Chloro for healing. Secondary spec choices for it are 5 in ele for 5% crit, 10 in dom for 10% int, 0 in archon for pillaging stone buffs, and 30 in warlock for 20% more dmg/5% more crit (only worth it for AoE healing, not tank healing).

- What are the best professions for crafting and gathering as a Mage Warlock - Healer?
    It doesn't matter, professions provide no self-benefit, as of now at least.

- Can you give me a website where I can find some specs for both DPS and HEalers as a Mage Warlock?
    Just have to dig around on the forum a bit, and I think Bluedot has some writeups.

No, but necromancers do and warlock/necro is a popular combination.

In-game, not yet. 3rd party, see http://advancedcombattracker.com/download.php

Yes

- How is the end game?
    Pretty good.

- How is the PVP?
    Pretty terrible.

Answers in red ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixikki View Post
    Guys, I have so many questions I would like to ask that I dont know where to start... LOL but I will try:

Visit yur class trainer. Choose the dialogue option "I want to purchase another role"

You can have up to 5 roles. The 2nd one is very cheap, from there it gets more and more expensive. Nevertheless, it's one of Rift's key features, to be able to have a specc for almost any situation. Don't bother hybridization, make a specialized specc for your needs.

Professions depend on your likings. I personally love the Outfitter/Runecrafter combo. You can runebreak all items you find and all you craft for materials. Even low level crafted stuff will aid you in Runecrafting because of how the ressources work - you'll see. Adding Butchering as 3rd profession completes the perfection imho (you can craft leather stuff and cloth stuff as outfitter)

You are there yet :P Check out Bluedots guides and some threads. There's loads of knowledge here.

The Warlock Soul does not give you a pet. It pairs perfectly with Necromancer, which does give you a pet, though

Addons are coming soon. Trion didn't want to allow them in the first place. They changed their mind and addons will be available soon. However, there are parsers available to get your dps/hps data. You can find information about that in these boards, too.

I got to pass on that one, since I never run dungeons ever. (I'm all PVP and while leveling just questing)

- How is the end game?

As mentioned I'm not doing the PVE part. But it's said to be very nice and entertaining. Similar to WoW with raiding and dungeons and stuff.

- How is the PVP?

A lot people do not like Rift PVP. I do. It lacks a little though. It is gear dependant, just like PVE is. So in your first steps as lvl 50 you'll get bashed a lot until you earn prestige and gear up. But that's how it goes in MMOs imo, I'm fine with it. Low lvl PVP is nice, too. Here you can have good gear more easily what equals out the odds a little. (but don't be fooled, you'll meet a lot of clueless people with leveling speccs who aren't even close to being prepared for pvp. But you get some nice items for the PVP currency while leveling. So I don't blame anyone for wanting them)

Again, thank you for helping me here and I am asking these questions because I am an experienced wow player that got fed up of the same stuff and want to try something new...

Loving the game so far!

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Elerina; 07-01-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    Yes, you can purchase up to 5 specs from your class trainer.

ATM you just want to dump all of your points into Chloro for healing. Secondary spec choices for it are 5 in ele for 5% crit, 10 in dom for 10% int, 0 in archon for pillaging stone buffs, and 30 in warlock for 20% more dmg/5% more crit (only worth it for AoE healing, not tank healing).

It doesn't matter, professions provide no self-benefit, as of now at least.

Just have to dig around on the forum a bit, and I think Bluedot has some writeups.

No, but necromancers do and warlock/necro is a popular combination.

In-game, not yet. 3rd party, see http://advancedcombattracker.com/download.php

Yes

- How is the end game?
    Pretty good.

- How is the PVP?
    Pretty terrible.
    Mostly right imo, a few need some more elaboration though.

Yes, you can do random dungeons at 15, though it is not the same as wow, it is only on your server random, so the queues would be ridiculously long if existant at all at that level. Also, I've heard that chloro is NOT a good healing spec below 50, I've never tried it, that's just what I've read on the forums.

- How is the PVP?
    It's not really terrible, it's not amazing but it's not terrible. It's fun a lot of the time, but with only 4 WFs it gets old after a little while. They are trying to promote world pvp by putting out pvp dailies,though only 1/4 is actually pvp. I guess the other 3 quests promote everyone in the same area going after the same mobs, I suppose that supports pvp.

Good professions in general for mages are butchering, outfitting, and runecrafting, but like Veev said there is no self benefit to any of them, that's just what I chose as a Mage.
    Implosion R7 Mage
    Deepstrike PVP
    Hotfix#5 NOM NOM NOM WARR TEARS!

Soulwalker

Default Thank you!

All these answers seem to be the same all around so Thank you!

I will keep playing the game and get to 50 ASAP.

Have a good one!

Ascendant

necro / lock, especially when you hit 16 and can get 'soul purge' ability is quite powerful for leveling.

I would put points in necromancer until the rogue pet (21 points needed), and feign death (22 points needed). Then keep adding points to warlock until you have 32 or more there.

Good luck, have fun!

One more note.. save your money. You need 125 plat for your fast horse at 50, and 100 plat for your 5th role. (4th role is 30). Gathering makes the most money, so consider leveling that as a tradeskill. (Foraging, Butchering, Mining).

Regards

Soulwalker

Default Population

What are the servers with the most people right now? are there any websites to see the shards' population?

What are the benefits of closing Rifts?

What are the benefits of the world events?

Thanks again!

Soulwalker

Default anyone?

Does anyone know the anwer to these last questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixikki View Post
    What are the servers with the most people right now? are there any websites to see the shards' population?

What are the benefits of closing Rifts?

What are the benefits of the world events?

Thanks again!
    I'm not sure if someone is tracking the population of the servers. Just log on at what you consider prime time for you and check (in the shard selection screen) the current status.

Closing Rifts gives you reputation with factions where you can buy essences later on. You gain planarite and some other stuff, too.

The Zone events (aka Invasions) grant you currency to buy stuff (you need planarite, which you get aswell everytime you do something rift/invasion related). Such as essences and some gear pieces.

The world event mostly offers nifty daily quests and add yet another currency with which you can buy stuff. Those currencies usually can only be obtained while the phases of the world event are active. So once the event is over, you won't be able to obtain more of them.
    Last edited by Elerina; 07-01-2011 at 10:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread