+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumb chloromancer PvP question...

Telaran

Default Dumb chloromancer PvP question...

Is my chloromancer becoming a less effective healer in PvP as people rank up? Since we do most of our healing through damage is our healing reduced by people getting valor gear? I feels like over time my healing has become less and less effective and I am just recently making the connection lol. I’m guessing bards may have the same problem as well as some cleric builds?
    Last edited by blakeary; 07-01-2011 at 01:23 AM.

You will hit for less on valoured opponents than fresh lvl 50's so yes that means less heals.

However this does not mean chloro is not effective in pvp.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Telaran

That makes sense, thanks. I just wasn't sure if perhaps the healing is factored in before valor reduces damage or something like that. I'm almost wondering if targeting a pet (unless they share the owners valor) would be an way to guarantee some good heals.

I've been loving my chloromancer in PvP since 1.3. I was having some issue with healing prior due to long cast times and weak direct heals. Now I go 51 chloromancer/15 archmage. Spam void life no cast time no cooldown, easily follows target. +30% crit dmg to players. When I get interrupted I can insta cast a big heal aka natural healing

Much less damage then the chlorolock which I am still playing around with.
    Last edited by blakeary; 07-01-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blakeary View Post
    That makes sense, thanks. I just wasn't sure if perhaps the healing is factored in before valor reduces damage or something like that. I'm almost wondering if targeting a pet (unless they share the owners valor) would be an way to guarantee some good heals.

I've been loving my chloromancer in PvP since 1.3. I was having some issue with healing prior due to long cast times and weak direct heals. Now I go 51 chloromancer/15 archmage. Spam void life no cast time no cooldown, easily follows target. +30% crit dmg to players. When I get interrupted I can insta cast a big heal aka natural healing

Much less damage then the chlorolock which I am still playing around with.
    I consistently perform near the top in WF's at rank 2 and 3 so I don't see it as a huge problem. Being situationally aware, and having the right cooldowns up can make all the difference even if your heals are ticking for a bit less. Keeping that rogue/warrior/dps up for that extra 1-2s can make the difference between taking a point and losing one.

I find pets to sometimes be a total blessing. Often those using them don't pay a ton of attention to them. So you already have an obfuscation if you need to do some real quick healing without drawing allot of attention. The other good part is, typically, its a pet that is not ranged and thus is right on top of XYZ person allowing you to stay well out of range and sit back providing heals to the ranged dps while another person picks up more front line healing.

Sometimes you really need to stand with the line though (range of LGV) so it becomes less useful, or you really need to focus on an enemy. Be it a healer, tank, whatever. In those instances, clearly you eschew targeting a pet and going for the disruption. Your DPS may not be stellar but it helps distract heals. The more distraction and work you make them do, the less your DPS needs to do to win the skirmish.

As always do not forget blight! This ruins healers, well really anyone getting pocket healed too.

See that dps warrior storming in? Notice all the HoTs and heals he is getting, its going to happen more often then not unless you play vs horrible teams. Throw the blight on there, watch every hot disappear and his HP go from dips to 70 back to 90 to a dip to 30 and dead. Blight is one of your biggest and best anti healer devices. Toss these on the focused healers, chloros, bards. Watch them start to drown. Even if they do not die, what are they not doing? Healing anyone else, while you still are (with the exception of an enemy chloro unless the LOS out of range clearly). This is huge.

As you play more WFs you will start to recognize who the enemy healers are. Make a note of the names and set focus's whenever they are in range blight em. Focus em.

At this point when I get in a PS battle I typically take #1 damage now. I get focus'd allot but still do great. We have allot of survivability, in part thanks to the relatively large HP pool and prickly armor we get (I go 51/15/0 chloro/wl/archo or archm depending on enemy team makeup) Sure dark armor isnt as great as WL armor, but it still hurts those fast attack rogues. You have ES, Bloom now heals for a truckload when crits (which is often), flourish to get you through an initial blast from a rogue.

If you get double/tripple teamed (which happens to me frequently) your usually toast so dont try to use the ES unless your pretty certain someone is going to help you out, otherwise save the CD for a better moment. At that point if I get out of stun, or am not stunned while the attack happens I heal anyone and anything I can before I go down. Toss Flourish, hit someone with bloom, throw out a ruin, if oppty hits before I die throw out NF if more than 1, NT if not.

Hope some of this info helps. The main thing to remember is that you need to pay attention. You have several ST and multi target abilities, each work quite well in PvP if you are paying attention. Use your surroundings to find optimal angles where you are less seen. Throw blight often and on anything you see with a HoT.

As always, happy gaming
    -Crash the silence for the sake of memory-

+ Reply to Thread