+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What calling is best for PvP?

Soulwalker

Default What calling is best for PvP?

im new i just rolled a mage. i am wondering whats the best calling for pvp? right now im doing warlock just for leveling up but i want to know whats best for pvp

Soulwalker

The best PvP Build is the one where you can play blind and know all options
    so find yourself the build you can play with and dont try to get build from guys
    who tuned the builds for their own way of playing.
    Last edited by frontenstuermer; 07-01-2011 at 12:15 AM.

There is no "the best" calling for the WF. Warlock, chloromancer, dominator, pyromancer, necromancer... really all of the souls are used successfully on the WF.

But warlock, chloro, stormcaller and pyro are probably the most played.

Been seeing a lot of 51 chloros running around since the patch, doing some nice healing too. I almost always run something with chloro in it myself.

Just depends on what you want to do. Do you want to heal, run support, run CC or dps?

roll dom you can take out at the least 2 people at the same time easy mode. its the most op class soul out there at the moment, mix it with any healing and your a juggernaut.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by toblaki View Post
    roll dom you can take out at the least 2 people at the same time easy mode. its the most op class soul out there at the moment, mix it with any healing and your a juggernaut.
    ^-------- +1

Rift Chaser

Pre 1.2 I ran a lot with Chloro/lock. I liked the survivability of it and it offered decent party heals without really having to heal. But they nerfed Reclamation of light kinda hard so if it was today, Id probably run Necrolock for the same reason. Once you get soul purge you will be a hard to take down and really deadly.
    Dominator is the FOTM, but thats only when you spec deep into it. I cant see a new mage being powerful in that spec at 15.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by toblaki View Post
    Butthurt coz a dom owned ya? Tbh, you guys kept calling for mage nerfs, have you ever played with a dom? You r a juggernaut at first 10 sec of combat at most, and when your cd is up (2 min). All dom's abilities are on medium cd (most above 10 sec).

Dom is a ****-meter, whoever presses one button fastest without thinking will suffer the most, and that's about it. Learn Dom's skills and you won't have as much trouble against them as you say.

Tips: purge the shades, learn to cleanse, and dom's dmg is LOW, just be careful of shackle and TI.

Soulwalker

If you find yourself asking a question like "what is the best X for Y?" about an MMO, then the answer is usually that you need to jump in the damned water and practice your Y until you've gained the experience to know that that's a silly question -- everything is situational and until you realize that you're going to do pretty poorly at Y no matter what X you choose.

That said, as a beginner PvP player I'd go either Lock/Dominator/Archmage or Dominator/Lock/Archmage. It's relatively easy to play, decently tough, and doesn't require out-of-game skills like terrain management or judging fields of fire to use relatively effectively.

Once you've got a feel for things, you can try taking off the training wheels and making a less defensive, more DPS-oriented spec.

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...ogbk.xdh0Vh.EV

Thats what I currently roll in PVP, and it is rather amazing.

+ Reply to Thread