+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zoomancer PvP spec?

Default Zoomancer PvP spec?

I've seen a few people using a Necro/Dom build in WF's and they were impressive to say the least (in terms of durability and damage potential).

Just wondering how people are altering the PvE version to fit PvP without gimping their damage too much.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-30-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Ascendant

is it so hard to test things?
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    is it so hard to test things?
    It appears to be on the same level of difficulty as discussing things on a forum, instead of rambling around a class discussion board making stupid remarks about how people are asking for advice.

I don't know everything about the Mage calling. There are some people who have delved into them further than I ever could. I was hoping maybe someone was looking for an opportunity to discuss their build and their choices of points. If you're not that guy, let me introduce you to the BACK button on your browser window, top left.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-30-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    It appears to be on the same level of difficulty as discussing things on a forum, instead of rambling around a class discussion board making stupid remarks about how people are asking for advice.

I don't know everything about the Mage calling. There are some people who have delved into them further than I ever could. I was hoping maybe someone was looking for an opportunity to discuss their build and their choices of points. If you're not that guy, let me introduce you to the BACK button on your browser window, top left.
    well i was about to go to bed while i read this and i applaud you for your answer. great one. for the books.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Soulwalker

Default Owned

Lawl you got facerolled, way to go OP put those trolls in their place. As for you question, a mage in my guild rolls zoomancer in pvp according to him he just uses the same spec and does very well rank 5 gear probably helps though

Quote Originally Posted by Elyss View Post
    Lawl you got facerolled, way to go OP put those trolls in their place. As for you question, a mage in my guild rolls zoomancer in pvp according to him he just uses the same spec and does very well rank 5 gear probably helps though
    "Zoomancer" is something I gave a go about a month ago.(I don't pvp, just thought the idea of having 10 pets was cool)

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a whole lot of Wiggle Room in the build. You need to have as many points into Necro as possible to beef up your pets. It's bursty, and a freaking blast to run around as a 1 player army. But back when I tried it the DPS just wasn't there to justify it. I'm guessing from the buzz I've been seeing this has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    "Zoomancer" is something I gave a go about a month ago.(I don't pvp, just thought the idea of having 10 pets was cool)

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a whole lot of Wiggle Room in the build. You need to have as many points into Necro as possible to beef up your pets. It's bursty, and a freaking blast to run around as a 1 player army. But back when I tried it the DPS just wasn't there to justify it. I'm guessing from the buzz I've been seeing this has changed?
    Yeah, the Split Personality pets do ~600 damage per void bolt on max valor. On top of what Necro pets are doing now, it seems like it'd be good to focus down Clerics.

I ran across some Mage, Burnings @ Dayblind, in a Codex and he had no issues tanking 2 players. That's why I'm asking - he didn't pop ETC from what I could tell, and he was doing a LOT of damage.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Rift Chaser

I made one on my mage the first day of the patch for pvp before I even realized it would become a pve build. Something like this. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...s.MsiubkoRfk.b

+ Reply to Thread