+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trion, please make archon scale better

Default Trion, please make archon scale better

This is a game that players should enjoy and have a sense of achievement when they progress.

As an archon, I don't feel it.

I know DPS is not everything, but buffing as archon is not hard or even needs any sikll, so the only measurement of enjoyment and sense of progression is DPS.

I have all T3 and relic weapon and my dps is sitting about 700-900 depending on the fight. A fresh mage could probably do about 500 dps as archon. After I raided for 3 months, my dps improved by 300?

Plus, archon dps varies very little from being a complete ****** to managing everything perfectly. A game should encourage smart playing so players can be dedicated to the class and improve himself. Right now, I usually just sleep through raids as my efforts won't make much difference. bored.

A raid only needs ONE archon only as a second archon brings nothing to the table. Even if you buff archon's dps to say 1200, no real dps mage will go archon as it is still lower than true dps role.

There is no harm to improve archon's dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Ascendant

an archon can still do 1k+

make a better spec
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Rift Disciple

Well don't forget that archon is support soul after all ... It shouldn't do as much dmg as others and it naturally scales bad.... just as bard does.
    We can find only one hundred and three names for green before the color becomes noticeably either blue or yellow

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    an archon can still do 1k+

make a better spec
    Please link a parse with archon doing 1k+ dps while still casting all temporary buffing spells (the 3 main ones).

Also I am curious about a better spec.

Your response is too tart for any informed discussion.
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.

Honestly? Archon scales fairly well on its own >_> I lost some DPS in 1.3 mostly because witchstones are now basically crap. But yes I am pretty much stuck in the 750~950 range varying on the fight.

I didn't bother to parse archons on the PTS with the T2 relics so I can't say how much they would be doing there, but I assume you could easily hit 1.1~1.2k which is what? 3/4ths of a "real" DPS at that level? I can't really see what they would do to archon to make it any better. I originally thought a good boon to archon would be making the effects of Volcanic Bomb and Earthen Barrage debuffs rather than buffs. This would proc BP and mean that my entire rotation would use it. Surging Flare, personally, is one of the most mediocre buffs archon has and I really wish it was reworked. 6 seconds? 5% faster cast? It goes by barely noticed

*shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    Please link a parse with archon doing 1k+ dps while still casting all temporary buffing spells (the 3 main ones).

Also I am curious about a better spec.

Your response is too tart for any informed discussion.
    Yes I am curious as well. NOt that I am saying he is lying but more from curiousity. I am not entirely T3 geared yet, a few missing ones so there is room for statistical improvement, but I wouldn't say breaking 1k consistently is something in that realm The 3 mini-buffs do drop DPS personally, so most likely it is PS+BP
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-30-2011 at 09:27 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov View Post
    Well don't forget that archon is support soul after all ... It shouldn't do as much dmg as others and it naturally scales bad.... just as bard does.
    Please read my post. I am not asking archon to do as much as real dps.

A raid can bring multiple bards and their aoe healing is awesome. A raid only brings one archon. No matter how awesome his personal dps is, as long as it's lower than other mage souls, no sensible raid will take more than 1 archon.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    Please read my post. I am not asking archon to do as much as real dps.

A raid can bring multiple bards and their aoe healing is awesome. A raid only brings one archon. No matter how awesome his personal dps is, as long as it's lower than other mage souls, no sensible raid will take more than 1 archon.
    this is the price archon pays for their dps, bards do crap dps (if they want their 51pt skill) and get to heal.

it would be nice if there were more auras with the limitation to only 5 for each archon, this would make multiple archon usefull, still there's not so many thing you can buff.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Op:

Archon scales better than most other souls in the game.

How have you spent your 15 off points?

The best I have had is around 875~ dps, about half of a full dps class and I am sure if you PS spammed more in burn phases you could increase your dps.. at the expense of the raids dps.

Archon is a support spec so I have no problem with this level of DPS.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

http://imageshack.us/f/641/zubins1k.jpg/

Me on duke Wednesday. No "just spam pillaging stone periods" using all buff casts(in macro, so off CD) as well and having to build stacks in the beginning. I only have T3 pants, Singed Hood, and my wep is Blood Drinker/Gilded Skull combo. So for someone with more raid gear can easily reach what I reached in less than ideal gear.

And no, I don't use some "better spec" I use the standard 51arch/10dom/5 pyro. No 6 pyro for ground of power

Prophet of Telara

PS+BP is by far the best scaling spammable spell mages have.

My DPS ranges from 700-1200 depending on the fight (Duke and WM parsing into the 1200's).

I have no raid parses, so here's a boss dummy parse:

http://i51.tinypic.com/33mpet4.jpg
    Last edited by Kazzin; 07-01-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zubins View Post

Me on duke Wednesday. No "just spam pillaging stone periods" using all buff casts(in macro, so off CD) as well and having to build stacks in the beginning. I only have T3 pants, Singed Hood, and my wep is Blood Drinker/Gilded Skull combo. So for someone with more raid gear can easily reach what I reached in less than ideal gear.

And no, I don't use some "better spec" I use the standard 51arch/10dom/5 pyro. No 6 pyro for ground of power
    Your parse is kinda weird. 55 PS hits + 5 individual debuffs should give 60 BP procs, and yet you only have 58. Not to mention those from power drain.

umm 3 individual debuffs(lingering dust, crumbling resistance, ashen defense), dunno where you're saying 5 from, and only 3 1/2 min fight so didn't need to refresh them after initial cast. And all my power drains must've been right before/after PSs, same with Waning Power. Only explanation I can give, unless server lag robbed me of some BPs lol.

Either way, more BPs would have only increased my dps, not lower it.

edit: and talking about "weird" parses, you have exhilaration listed under your dps.
    Last edited by Zubins; 07-01-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Prophet of Telara

umm 3 individual debuffs(lingering dust, crumbling resistance, ashen defense), dunno where you're saying 5 from, and only 3 1/2 min fight so didn't need to refresh them after initial cast. And all my power drains must've been right before/after PSs, same with Waning Power. Only explanation I can give, unless server lag robbed me of some BPs lol.

Either way, more BPs would have only increased my dps, not lower it.

edit: and talking about "weird" parses, you have exhilaration listed under your dps.
    Yeah my bad. I clicked the wrong thing. Take out 15 dps :P

You can pretty much toggle power drain on every 15 seconds following either EB or VB very reliably for even more dps.

I just always use it at full(90-100) charge currently. I'll give your suggestion a try in the future.

edit: (when not on a fight I have to save PD defensively that is, like on Duke)
    Last edited by Zubins; 07-01-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Plane Touched

You weren't doing the full rotation with barrage, bomb and flare, so of course you had more time to cast PS. Of course, we can argue wether its worth it to cast all three buffs all the time...but I'd say at least barrage and bomb should be in the rotation.

Still a nice result. I play a much more defensive archon in raids (with 15 warlock for hitpoints). This shows in my dps, I usually run around 600-650 dps, sometimes it goes up to 700.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast