+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue fighting tips

Soulwalker

Default Rogue fighting tips

Looking for tips and builds on shutting down and fighting rogues in 1v1. All too commonly lately I find myself getting shut down by a stealthed rogue who stunlocks me and proceed to three hit me. It is very frustrating in open world PVP and my necrolock and necro/dominator builds are not very effective.

Thanks

Champion

Sorry to tell you this but a stealthed rogue will mess u up pretty bad almos all the time so it doesnt matter what u do. I pvp a lot and im p4 with p2 and p3 gear. Ilike the necro/lock and have been using it for a while. I can barely kill a stealth rogue with no pvp gear by using break free, neddras essence right away, dots, shadow life,lich form, void bolt to charge then soul purge, and maybe throwing deaths grasp or consumption in there if they aren't getting the better of me. This will work on a bad rogue or one that isn't geared properly but if those two don't apply ur S.O.L. If they come back real quick even to a crappy rogue I will b dead as I probably used all my cd. If u see a rogue just run and if u know there's a stealthed rogue don't go around or prepare to die.

Plane Touched

i solo 2 rogues in zarephs return with this build, they dont even mess with me anymore.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...o-opens-on-you.

have fun.

Champion

Wow his build is almost identical to mine and his strategy is similar. To me if you don't use neddras essence right after break free a rogue will kill you because of the high damage burst but our strategies do work I've killed many rogues with my strategy. The thing is our cd our gone so if you are successful get out before they come back. I can't believe you killed two rogues with it though, they must have been bad. as I said earlier though a good, geared rogue will mess u up no matter what

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tebuddy View Post
    Looking for tips and builds on shutting down and fighting rogues in 1v1. All too commonly lately I find myself getting shut down by a stealthed rogue who stunlocks me and proceed to three hit me. It is very frustrating in open world PVP and my necrolock and necro/dominator builds are not very effective.

Thanks
    General suggestions as there are so many variations on builds its a bit hard to be specific:

Spec-34 Dom/ 32 Chloro/ 0 AM

1. Rogue opens with a stun-Depending on your health/gear you'll have to decide whether or not you can ride out the stun or use break free. I have two mages, 1 r6 with 3 pieces being r6 and the rest being 4/5 and my other mage is r4 with 3 pieces of r4 gear and the rest r1 gear. Even on the lesser geared one I'm able to sit through the initial stun. When the stun wears off use transmorgrify and deny to clear any poisons/healing debuff.

2. If they eat the first transmorgrify get some distance and after you have cleansed/denied yourself heal yourself with bloom/flourish. You should now have room to set up and re-cast transmorgrify, Storm Shackle, and haunting pain.

3. If they begin to chase you'll have time to fit in a nature's fury and then begin kiting using ruin and neural prod. If they don't move cast SoR for some additional damage, this usually makes them move.

4. If/when they close the gap and apply a snare, you'll WA-Thunderblast.

5. From here all melee rogue fights generally take on a life of their own and you'll have to adjust according to the next sequence.

For instance, if they:

1. Use their immunity to eat the thunderblast cast living shell and corrosion while still casting Neural prod-try not to use ruin at this point unless you have to (need to set up a transmorgrify with not dots ticking in the future)

2. If you did enough damage, they may slip away. In which case cast wild growth and corrosion. Be ready to use break free depending on health if they re-open.

The general, again unless we're looking at specifics, rules is to not use your major cool downs until they've either used their immunities, slip away, used with the second set of transmorgrify, save your break free for the second stun, and try to conserve essence surge for as long as you can (this is your reset).

Soulwalker

Awesome tips Pyrial, I just set up that build and am eager to try it in a fight.

Thanks!

Banned

Here's a quick video of me fighting a few rogues. The back story was I was being FF by this trio so I pulled two away from the healers. The video picks up after I've killed the first rogue, he pops back in as the third rogue in the sequence. It isn't anything spectacular, but you get to see the spec in action. I already had essence surge on cd from the first fight so YES I had to use a pot later P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbnoNY8DjYo
    Last edited by Pyrial; 07-01-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Plane Touched

u were fighting a sab, you could just deny all his charges. and the other rogue opened behind u without stunlock which is.. fail assassin.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 07-01-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    u were fighting a sab, you could just deny all his charges. and the other rogue opened behind u without stunlock which is.. fail assassin.
    I'm sorry, I'm not following your point. And the third rogue, opened with a stun, I used my cc breaker. Still not following your point. Someone is asking for help so I'm trying to lend it.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 07-01-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Champion

I might have to try that build for open world pvp. The video was funny though. The rogues were pretty bad and I think you missed the point of Black Garden

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gnut View Post
    I might have to try that build for open world pvp. The video was funny though. The rogues were pretty bad and I think you missed the point of Black Garden
    No, I'm sure I know the point of black garden. If I'm offering support and heals and no one is peeling, my job is to stay alive. I often will have to pull melee away from healers. I'm sure I don't need a refresher, but thank you.

Champion

Calm down bunny hopper, the only thing im saying is for half of that video it was you 1v1 with a rogue. Come on ur a Chloro/Dom you could have been a lot more useful around your team actually helping get the fang. Notice how your team is behind the whole video and when you had the fang you guys lost it pretty quick while you are off to the side wasting your heals and cc on a rogue. Im sure the first rogue you killed had already respawned and the second rogue left the fight. Either way im def going to try your spec

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gnut View Post
    Calm down bunny hopper, the only thing im saying is for half of that video it was you 1v1 with a rogue. Come on ur a Chloro/Dom you could have been a lot more useful around your team actually helping get the fang. Notice how your team is behind the whole video and when you had the fang you guys lost it pretty quick while you are off to the side wasting your heals and cc on a rogue. Im sure the first rogue you killed had already respawned and the second rogue left the fight. Either way im def going to try your spec
    You come on here trying to insult someone, but you make yourself look more and more foolish. I don't know what the purpose of your post was other than to try and stir something up and possibly make someone respond to you in hopes of you feeling the void in your social life. I'm sure I know how to play an objective based game. If I'm being FF and no on is peeling, my job is to stay alive. If that means pulling the melee train away from their healers then guess what I'm doing. I would encourage you to give some advice and tips to the person seeking them instead of acting like an arse.

P.S. Is bunny hopper supposed to be an insult?

Small request, let's get some video of you pvp'ing up here as well.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 07-02-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Shadowlander

Dude you should know never to post a PvP video on these forums, sad angry people will pick apart any little wrong thing that you did (ignoring the fact they themselves most probably make a whole lot of mistakes when they PvP and will never pull off something like that).
    "Like OH EM GEEE during the fight there's wasn't ALWAYS 3 rogues you were fighting, you killed the one and were kiting/killing the other two, YOU SUCK so bad for taking three damage dealers out of the fight" honestly sad...
    I thought it was a great and helpful video.

LOL Stop giving tips for rouges it's bad enough we get killed by them...Just saying

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast