+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No 1600+ mage specs? lol

Default No 1600+ mage specs? lol

Lepton is our mage...1717 dps, cipher is parsed out..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../magedeeps.jpg

Soulwalker

Yeah, okay, great. So, post his spec, and gear, or at least stats. (Rift needs a damn armory.)

Also, I don't know the Plutonus fight. Are we talking straight single-target DPS in this parse?

Correct, straight single target dps, no aoe at all.

Cypher in or out?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    Cypher in or out?
    The whole post is one sentence long, in that one sentence he says it's filtered out.

On a different note, OP, care to enlighten us as to said mages spec and stats? I just parsed 1588 using zoomancer, 1107 sp 698 crit unbuffed, pets did bug out several times though

Also to the guy that asked, Plutonus is a pure single target fight with close to zero downtime for DPS. People love using it as a dps benchmark for raid dps.
    Last edited by Oscelot; 06-30-2011 at 07:29 PM.

The 1600 threshold has been revised

It should read 1900 as Warriors, Rogues AND Clerics are all over 1900 on Plutonus
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    The 1600 threshold has been revised

It should read 1900 as Warriors, Rogues AND Clerics are all over 1900 on Plutonus
    Out of curiosity, what spec are you running for Pluto nowadays Deadly? And does it feel close to other callings?
    I've tried zoomancer and necrolock so far, both of them had me at 1-3 on the charts with 1500-1650 dps depending on my performance. Mind you my guild only has 5 relics total, and our raid as a whole isn't that geared, most of us have no more than 5 pieces of raiding gear, I myself only have 3.

Telaran

Not only that but your guild is killing him in 3 minutes. That is a significant burn-phase buff to standard buff ratio as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscelot View Post
    Out of curiosity, what spec are you running for Pluto nowadays Deadly? And does it feel close to other callings?
    I've tried zoomancer and necrolock so far, both of them had me at 1-3 on the charts with 1500-1650 dps depending on my performance. Mind you my guild only has 5 relics total, and our raid as a whole isn't that geared, most of us have no more than 5 pieces of raiding gear, I myself only have 3.
    I tried my normal BS/AB rotation and Nec/Lock last week, couldn't break 1580

This week we 1 shot him w/me in Zoomancer, buggy pet pathing and lag caused a 1531 parse

I don't know what I'm going to do for next week, think I need to buckle down and perfect my nec/lock timing
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Rift Disciple

This week we 1 shot him w/me in Zoomancer, buggy pet pathing and lag caused a 1531 parse

I don't know what I'm going to do for next week, think I need to buckle down and perfect my nec/lock timing
    We wiped on him 3 times today (people kept d/cing...) so it gave me a few chances to try out both necrolock, 7/31/28 zoomancer and 38/28 zoomancer. necrolock was very close to 1500 for me, both zoomancer specs were close to 1600 but the damned pet pathing keeps getting on my nerves, sometimes the shades will stand there for 10 seconds doing nothing, surprisingly my EtC pets were behaving well.

I'm going to try necrolock without improved necrosis which will make it more of a pain but i think ultimately a dps gain if done well. I have yet to try a defile spec, always roll with a 35/31 lock/necro

Rift Disciple

Seriously why do you compare DPS on plutonus? Why no one is posting parsers on warmaster/herald/alsbeth? Why do you compare only on the fight that favors melee dps so much?
    We can find only one hundred and three names for green before the color becomes noticeably either blue or yellow

Rift Chaser

Judging by a mage doing 1200 hits/swings on pluto, he's running Necrodomicon (zoomancer). I had similar results to deadly with it on pluto. Pets bugging is pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Callan View Post
    Lepton is our mage...1717 dps, cipher is parsed out..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../magedeeps.jpg
    So what im reading is... a mage, managed to get fourth on a parse, and thats supposed to be impressive.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    So what im reading is... a mage, managed to get fourth on a parse, and thats supposed to be impressive.
    There's nothing wrong with being 4th. What people are complaining about isn't that they arent the 1st spot, is the distance they are from 1st. This parse shows a mage in 4th place with a very small gap between him and first. Someone has to be 4th, and as long as the difference between 1st and 4th isn't huge then there's nothing too wrong about it =\
    I don't think most mages care about who's actually first, what they want rather is that the gap in dps will be something in the 5% range.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    So you think mages should top dps on the fight that favors melee the most, top the dps on AoE fights, top the dps on every fight that melee has to stop hitting the boss for whatever reason and that would be normal? Let me guess it is "because we wear cloth"? Yeah right...
    We can find only one hundred and three names for green before the color becomes noticeably either blue or yellow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast