+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro/Lock/Archon

Shadowlander

Question Pyro/Lock/Archon

So I was looking at new builds and was wondering if this spec would be of use
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html
    Basically take Pyro up to Withering Flames then go into Archon for the increased fire dmg. and 2% mana from crits. Then 25 into lock, this was to grab increased charge, oppurtunity, neddras torture 3% dmg, Crit, and the lovely 10% more spell power. Picking up enough points for reconstruction and SacLife: Damage.
    I was wondering if anyone had tried this out?
    I would have probably made a macro
    Get your pillaging stone stacks, + SV if you want, and then drop your GoP go to town.
    Macro:
    #Show Fireball
    cast neddra's torture
    cast flame bolt
    cast inferno
    cast fireball
    I do not know, if taking points out of the increased health in lock and tossing it into the increase dot dmg and throwing in dark touch would do anything, maybe dot while on the move?
    I would use Fire armor for the increase dmg, and use my procs of opp on cinderburst.
    Then I would most likely use charge alternating between Inertialize charge and Withering Flames

Cooldowns: Saclife: Dmg-> Heat wave--> Inertialize Charge and the go to town. I do not know if heat wave resets Saclife: Dmg.
    Pyro armor might be better, but i do not know.
    I currently cannot play because my laptop won't support the game, but I was just wondering if this would be any viable.

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...xo.V0L.xxom0VV

There is the build. Edit timer fail:P

Telaran

I have tried something similar, except I went 11 in archon to get leeching flames which is one of the strongest spells in the game imo(especially since pyro adds to fire dmg and warlock talents add to LF as well.) The problem is pyro is weak. The people who are doing well with pyro are relying on CDs and toggles to help boost their damage. If you go lock and archon you lose CDs(like the elem one), and that is a big deal since heat wave refreshes them apparently.

Maybe people with better gear have a different perspective but my fireball only hits for a little over 800(with flame bolt's 10% bonus), 2 sec cast so that is 400 dps and 600 dps on a crit. SC only works with all the little talents and spells that boost air and ice, I think pyro only works with a small list of talents and CDs that synergize well, tho I am keeping an eye on the people discussing 51 pt pyro.

+ Reply to Thread