+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 114

Thread: Has it occured to you fellow mages...

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default Has it occured to you fellow mages...

    ...that perhaps Trion is looking at the bigger picture? This is primarily a PvE game and there's a new raid coming out, and the gear from there is amazing. Surely, you all must know how much better spell power scales than attack power? Understandably it is frustrating not being able to top ST parses as easily as we could before, but overall raid dps really hasn't changed(obviously depends on composition, my guild has been running 5 mages with little to no change in raid DPS). If you are having trouble beating the current DPS checks then your raid is either horribly undergeared or your other DPS classes aren't holding up their end as they can no longer be carried by a handful of SCs. There are still a few bosses where there is AoE to be done(most of the more important bosses) and sc/ele is still topping the meter on those, but just because people can't kill pollen by looking at them anymore mages are sooo nerfed and pointless in raids. Be patient, wait it out, these people at Trion have spent more time with this game than you have, I bet you'll see mage DPS slowly but surely catch up and people get geared up in the new raid.

    From where I stand, all the people quitting the game over this are only making themselves look stupid and childish, all because they can't do top single target and AoE in the same exact build anymore. Don't worry, however, mages will get catered soon enough, there's been more than enough QQ to warrant it.

  2. #2
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    ...that perhaps Trion is looking at the bigger picture? This is primarily a PvE game and there's a new raid coming out, and the gear from there is amazing. Surely, you all must know how much better spell power scales than attack power? Understandably it is frustrating not being able to top ST parses as easily as we could before, but overall raid dps really hasn't changed(obviously depends on composition, my guild has been running 5 mages with little to no change in raid DPS). If you are having trouble beating the current DPS checks then your raid is either horribly undergeared or your other DPS classes aren't holding up their end as they can no longer be carried by a handful of SCs. There are still a few bosses where there is AoE to be done(most of the more important bosses) and sc/ele is still topping the meter on those, but just because people can't kill pollen by looking at them anymore mages are sooo nerfed and pointless in raids. Be patient, wait it out, these people at Trion have spent more time with this game than you have, I bet you'll see mage DPS slowly but surely catch up and people get geared up in the new raid.

    From where I stand, all the people quitting the game over this are only making themselves look stupid and childish, all because they can't do top single target and AoE in the same exact build anymore. Don't worry, however, mages will get catered soon enough, there's been more than enough QQ to warrant it.
    We tested the tier 2 raid gear. Go troll somewhere else. You're not going to convince mages we weren't overnerfed and or left behind when a very vocal group of known mages knows better and is finally pissed off enough to stand up and say something.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 06-30-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara Krazybojangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    ...that perhaps Trion is looking at the bigger picture? This is primarily a PvE game and there's a new raid coming out, and the gear from there is amazing. Surely, you all must know how much better spell power scales than attack power? Understandably it is frustrating not being able to top ST parses as easily as we could before, but overall raid dps really hasn't changed(obviously depends on composition, my guild has been running 5 mages with little to no change in raid DPS). If you are having trouble beating the current DPS checks then your raid is either horribly undergeared or your other DPS classes aren't holding up their end as they can no longer be carried by a handful of SCs. There are still a few bosses where there is AoE to be done(most of the more important bosses) and sc/ele is still topping the meter on those, but just because people can't kill pollen by looking at them anymore mages are sooo nerfed and pointless in raids. Be patient, wait it out, these people at Trion have spent more time with this game than you have, I bet you'll see mage DPS slowly but surely catch up and people get geared up in the new raid.

    From where I stand, all the people quitting the game over this are only making themselves look stupid and childish, all because they can't do top single target and AoE in the same exact build anymore. Don't worry, however, mages will get catered soon enough, there's been more than enough QQ to warrant it.
    Warriors cried their ***** off and got their changes reverted. Mages tried to be civil and stated the changes were a bit extreme. Now were just following suit of what worked for Warriors.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    253

    Default

    OP:

    If they did that then they're f'ing stupid. "Oh we made the gear too good! Instead of changing the numbers on the gear (****ing easy) lets nerf, rebalance, and retool the class!!!!"

    Are you naive?
    Most forum users are neckbeards with the uncanny ability to over dramatize anything in a way that would make a crooked politican blush.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    We tested the tier 2 raid gear. Go troll somewhere else. You're not going to convince mages we weren't overnerfed and or left behind when a very vocal group of known mages knows better and is finally pissed off enough to stand up and say something.
    Mages were not overnerfed.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Warriors cried their ***** off and got their changes reverted. Mages tried to be civil and stated the changes were a bit extreme. Now were just following suit of what worked for Warriors.
    Warrior changes were not reverted. The change that caused warriors to freak out was only half of the change. The outcry from bad warriors did not change anything, just like the outcry from bad mages will not change anything.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Mages were not overnerfed.
    Oh glorious BlueDot, he of the ever knowing Mages, which spec competes now on a early raid - T2 level? Besides the funky (unintended) zoomancer spec and the 20 button SC spec?

    So we have a spec that the Devs never saw coming, which proves they have no idea what they're doing. And a spec that we need to have 4 hands to play correctly just to compete with other clases that use 2-3 buttons.

    And don't get me started on the impact of chloro on 5 man healing. Which goes against everything the soul system and the soul itself stands for.
    Most forum users are neckbeards with the uncanny ability to over dramatize anything in a way that would make a crooked politican blush.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Bluedot are you in the camp then that the zoomancer spec is intended? Normally you are pretty down to earth but they did go a tad far with mages. Low level chloros can not even heal 5 mans now. Hell there was a post asking to have their ability to que up as healer removed. After 12 years of mmo's that tells me it was a half assed bandaid executed poorly. Is it the end of the world, nah, just time to level up a warrior. Oh and anyone wondering warrior leveling is a joke :} And low level pvp will make you laugh :}
    Hi I play a warrior. I have 3 macros that will rip your 2s casting face off. If you nerf me I will scream not fair! Bug fixes does not a nerf make.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekroig View Post
    Oh glorious BlueDot, he of the ever knowing Mages, which spec competes now on a early raid - T2 level? Besides the funky (unintended) zoomancer spec and the 20 button SC spec?
    If only I had a giant writeup, with a giant link, on which specs to use.

    I don't make this crap up. I raid lead a top 20 guild, I am always in the top 3 on DPS (when I am not doing something like handling Crystals on Plut).

    If you are not competitive in healing and DPS as a mage it is your fault and you are TERRIBLE.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    From where I stand, all the people quitting the game over this are only making themselves look stupid and childish, all because they can't do top single target and AoE in the same exact build anymore. Don't worry, however, mages will get catered soon enough, there's been more than enough QQ to warrant it.
    First off, even if what you say is true they need to fix it so the dps classes scale together. It's not right to have one class continually playing catch-up (mages or otherwise).

    Second, you're basically attacking everyone who disagrees with you, insinuating they're childish. And you go on further to suggest that if Trion does agree with mages and buffs them that they aren't doing it because you're wrong, but simply because too many mages are QQing.

    Well.... you're wrong... and even if Trion agrees with you and doesn't buff mages.... it's only because the CEO hates them! MUHAHAHAHA!!!! - Makes as much sense as your post...
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kcatta View Post
    Low level chloros can not even heal 5 mans now.
    Yes they can. Pretty easily actually. I leveled another mage just to make sure I could heal low level dungeons. I could pug any dungeon up to level 35 (the level the mage is currently).

    Also mages at low level with Soul Purge are completely over powered in PvP. Not as much with the changes to channeling spells, but still one of the scariest callings on the field.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    If only I had a giant writeup, with a giant link, on which specs to use.

    I don't make this crap up. I raid lead a top 20 guild, I am always in the top 3 on DPS (when I am not doing something like handling Crystals on Plut).

    If you are not competitive in healing and DPS as a mage it is your fault and you are TERRIBLE.
    No, I am. Because I can play the specs that they give us. It doesn't stop me from seeing that other mages are having a hard time with overcomplicated rotations, stupid asinine nerfs, and some can't even find, let alone, dream up some of the absolutely dumb specs that are accidental, yet provide good dps (Zoomancer).

    Face it, compared to the other callings Mages are getting the shaft. Our obvious dps souls do horrible raid dps. Our somewhat obvious ones have a rotation that you have to be gods gift to keybinding to execute. And, thankfully, we have people playing mages that are crazy enough to find the other, crazy, specs.

    And healing, for a fact, is too low in 5 mans with appropriate gear with an appropriately geared tank. If you overgear it or your tank does, it's fine. But otherwise you need support (which just 1 patch ago they said they were wanting to do away with).
    Most forum users are neckbeards with the uncanny ability to over dramatize anything in a way that would make a crooked politican blush.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Yes a mage with xp under his belt can, I meant new mages I should have said that. I have not met a low level chloro yet that was a good healer and I look at their breakdowns and I want to strangle them. I guess we can just blame the player for not reading walls of text before wanting to play :}~
    Hi I play a warrior. I have 3 macros that will rip your 2s casting face off. If you nerf me I will scream not fair! Bug fixes does not a nerf make.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Aslo blue in your raids what spec are you running and what is your dps at vs your warriors and rogues if you are coming in 3rd?
    Hi I play a warrior. I have 3 macros that will rip your 2s casting face off. If you nerf me I will scream not fair! Bug fixes does not a nerf make.

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekroig View Post
    Face it, compared to the other callings Mages are getting the shaft. Our obvious dps souls do horrible raid dps. Our somewhat obvious ones have a rotation that you have to be gods gift to keybinding to execute. And, thankfully, we have people playing mages that are crazy enough to find the other, crazy, specs.
    If you do horrible DPS in a raid compared to other equally geared DPS classes then you are doing something wrong. This is true even if you never use BS/AB rotation (The only complicated rotation mages have).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts