+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Mobililty :(

Rift Disciple

Default Mage Mobililty :(

So amongst all the dps nerfing convo there's one thing I'd also like to bring up...

Mobility

It's bad enough that our dps has been bumped down out of being top tier competitive with other classes (currently) but the mobility of every dps build really sucks...

Guurloth anyone? Mage dps really eats it on any fight that requires a lot of moving about...

The combination of lowest armor, lowest health, lowest mobility, and now lowest dps ... really seems to equate to ... WTF?!

I'm positive Trion is aware of the dps issues with mages right now but I think a little more mobility would also be nice so I thought I'd get some opinions from everyone Maybe there's something I'm missing?

Plane Touched

nope, not missing anything, Trion hates mages
    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

Talking about the Simon-says boss in GP:

I agree 100% don't bring your SC/Ele BS+AB rotation to a movement + target swapping fight. You will have a hard time.

We had a 28/38 Necrolock on top of the DPS meter that fight, though our DPS did not have any rogues just 3 warriors (most of the crew is t2+ geared with some p6 and t3 pieces).
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Defile spec works well on this. Probably our most mobile spec.

warlock + opportunity + spam instants until a proc. thats about as good as it gets. SC is also decent here -- SC/Lock probably most mobile combo
    Last edited by bluetick; 06-30-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    Dear Players,
    We really don't have a Vision for the Mage Class. We are just winging it based on conversations around the water cooler. Occasionally we hire a Shaman to come read squirrel entrails. He says he can predict the future and it makes a tasty sandwich when he is done, so who are we to argue. Please continue to insert your $15 per month and have a nice day.

+ Reply to Thread