+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88

Thread: Pyro Cinder Burst and Fulminate nerfed too hard

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default Pyro Cinder Burst and Fulminate nerfed too hard

    These two skills have been nerfed too hard, specailly cinder burst, it takes 5 seconds to cast and yet does 1100-1300 damage, compare to fireball which does 600 damage per hit in 2 seconds.

    These two skills needs to be boosted back to its original damage... Trion wtf are you doing?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Fulminate is useless....a 51 point talent that required full charge and hits for roughly the same as fireball....un-acceptable.

    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    omg my cinder burst just critic a rogue for 864 damage and a mage for 654.. wat a joke.. Trion have definately fk this class right up in the ahole..
    Last edited by killthedesires; 06-30-2011 at 05:29 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    124

    Default

    LoL .. agree XD

  5. #5
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Don't know what rank you are(prolly makes a big difference)..what spec you're using or rotation but I get CB to crit in the neighborhood of 2600-2900 regularly on non npc targets.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    Don't know what rank you are(prolly makes a big difference)..what spec you're using or rotation but I get CB to crit in the neighborhood of 2600-2900 regularly on non npc targets.
    I can only see this happening with some crit boost abilities from archmage + superior gear vs a target with no valor

    bottom line is, said damage was nerfed by 20% but it's closer to at least 40%. Because it was the initial damage that was nerfed I'm assuming, which is high, but people use all sorts of gimmicks to boost it... so when you reduce by 20% on paper, in practice its more like half
    LVL 50 mageCrucia server

  7. #7
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Didn't you see? Gersh is a Warrior man now. The age of the Bright Wizard is finally over.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Didn't you see? Gersh is a Warrior man now. The age of the Bright Wizard is finally over.
    I like that sneaky rogue. He's everywhere! *whistlesthexfilestitlesong*

    ps: Are you German or what's that "Gestalt" about? ^^

  9. #9
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    I like that sneaky rogue. He's everywhere! *whistlesthexfilestitlesong*

    ps: Are you German or what's that "Gestalt" about? ^^
    Boo! Did I scare you?

    Our guild leader is into Graphic Design, and "Gestalt" is a type of design that focuses on the over-all shape of an object. Google it. It's pretty neat.

    It's also a psychology that examines the brains capacity to take simple shapes and lines, and organize them into identifiable shapes or faces, that definition isn't quite as important in regards to the guild however...


    Image, unity and style are cornerstones of the guild (but really, our founder just thought the word sounded cool).

    Our second idea was <The Banana Bandits> but I don't think we'd have been as successful...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    This cinder burst have definitely have been nerfed close to 50%...
    The amazing part is 51 point Pyro does 1300 damage to dummies, where 14 point does 1100... Wat a fkg joke... There is no point wasting 51 points in pyro, where the difference is such little...

    However in pvp, the damage is reduced by another 30-50%, depend on the armor and valor.. So this skill is totally useless with that sort of cast time...

    Trion have killed PYRO with this patch as it did kill Dominator with patch 1.2...

    Basically Trion is the one deciding what soul we should play each month or couple of months.. Wow wat a control...

    Btw i am rank 4...

  11. #11
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isiloon View Post
    I can only see this happening with some crit boost abilities from archmage + superior gear vs a target with no valor

    bottom line is, said damage was nerfed by 20% but it's closer to at least 40%. Because it was the initial damage that was nerfed I'm assuming, which is high, but people use all sorts of gimmicks to boost it... so when you reduce by 20% on paper, in practice its more like half
    yes it varies on individuals and their ranks but trust me we still have punch and I would NEVER cast CB over 5 secs unless I was bored and being totally ignored .I use it as an opener. On other P6s with all their buffs yea itll hit for 1500 but other P6s are few and far between.

    On regular mobs Im able to get cb to hit in the 3500 range easily and my fireballs crit regularly for 1900.

    Yea I felt the same way at first but I said "I'm gonna make this spec work or die trying"..I did overload plus Nenvin's lament plus swift control with 30% off cast speed added to heatwave.(= 80% off 6 sec CB) Cast CB only after casting Flamebolt to break squirrel and then hit Nenvin's. You will see nice results.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    Don't know what rank you are(prolly makes a big difference)..what spec you're using or rotation but I get CB to crit in the neighborhood of 2600-2900 regularly on non npc targets.
    LoL i am a pyro/dom with 21points in am .

    I hit rank 6 with 3 pieces of gear staff, chest and helm the rest t2 pve gear so i can raid... and you are right from time to time when all the cooldowns are set and the moon and the stars are aligned.. CB can hit for 2600. However, this is so rare that I count myself lucky or surprised if I crit for more then 1200 in either cb or fb on other players. I am not a bad, I know how to play my class because it is my favorite and have spent a long time on it, I am still one of the few that will use it in dungeon raids. I have to make sure my rotations are good or the kewl kiddies wont let me play.

    CB I admit procs often but it kinda looks more like 500 500 500 until full charge is up then 1200 1200 1200 2000 2000 CB 900 (with anything over just surprising me...) then back to 1200 1200

    Its actually that bad I have had the other team laughing at dmg done by pyros... unless they are lower rank then me, one to ones are virtually impossibe.. other classes just heal through it or run circles around me... cast times when cooldowns are not up are silly forcing me to stand still and often just die..

    My best efforts numbers wise is kamakaze spamming aoe... even then I am often outdone by other classses... (except in number of deaths am trying to see if i can do 50 deaths in one port scion, my best being 35 to date)

    Play warlock or dom? Why should I? I Like pyro... but balance us pls!

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Boo! Did I scare you?

    Our guild leader is into Graphic Design, and "Gestalt" is a type of design that focuses on the over-all shape of an object. Google it. It's pretty neat.

    It's also a psychology that examines the brains capacity to take simple shapes and lines, and organize them into identifiable shapes or faces, that definition isn't quite as important in regards to the guild however...


    Image, unity and style are cornerstones of the guild (but really, our founder just thought the word sounded cool).

    Our second idea was <The Banana Bandits> but I don't think we'd have been as successful...
    Thanks for enlightening me. I am German so I was kind of confused about it. But it's a nice name anyway ;)


    To the pyro thing: It's dead Jim ;)

    But I really love how Ticklepink tries, no matter what. That's an awesome attitude indeed! Keep it up.

    I'll stick with pyro in the meanwhile. I fear it's next on the nerf hammer's list though. We'll see...

  14. #14
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    i know it sounds odd but the only thing that changed were my deaths..since i don't kill as fast as before I die more..but my KBs if anything have stayed static.

    With everything off cd i can usually take on most anyone (save one rogue in particular and a couple of warrs) I've even been able to pour on enough dps on to clerics that they actually die(but not usually by me)

    I run a very cd dependent build..so yes I'm always checking to see if my cooldowns are up and change my game play accordingly.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Thanks for enlightening me. I am German so I was kind of confused about it. But it's a nice name anyway ;)


    To the pyro thing: It's dead Jim ;)

    But I really love how Ticklepink tries, no matter what. That's an awesome attitude indeed! Keep it up.

    I'll stick with pyro in the meanwhile. I fear it's next on the nerf hammer's list though. We'll see...
    "I'll stick with Dom in the meanwhile" is what I really wanted to say...

    And yeah I had some matches as pyro with quite some success, too. But the nerf is there.. and you can feel it.

    Dom is just way more powerful atm. It's different but in some ways even stronger than pyro ever was.

    But sticking with pyro is not like totally gimping yourself. Glad you can make it work still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts