+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Pyro DPS Testing..

Soulwalker

Default 51 Pyro DPS Testing..

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...fueuusuts.V0fo

This spec with my ****ty gear im pulling around 850-900 single target unbuffed..

With this spec you will never be below 98% mana constantly casting..

I basically use 1 button plus charge dump..

I use withering Flames when Fulminate is not up and if Withering Flames and Fulminate are not up I use Internalize Charge and Heat Wave Together.

Ive been using Fire Armor over Pyro Armor but not sure what gives most dps..

5x PS and GoP

Macro is
    #show Fireball
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fulminate
    cast Inferno
    cast Leeching Flames
    cast Fireball

This macro keeps Flame Bolt dmg buff always up with no downtime.

Im interested in people with better gear trying this out and posting some DPS Stats.. I honestly think it could be one of the best Single Target DPS specs we have.. Try it out and let me know!
    Last edited by Sacrinis; 06-29-2011 at 11:16 PM.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrinis View Post
    Ive been using Fire Armor over Pyro Armor but not sure what gives most dps..
    Fire armor, usually. Pyro armor likes to break randomly, and even if it doesn't, the proc rate's way below 10%.
    I'm so BORED

Prophet of Telara

Your macro will force you to use every proc of wildfire, which is a noticable DPS loss.

A 32pyro/23lock/11archon build will parse about the same, with more survivability and mobility.

Both parse lower than pyro/ele.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Your macro will force you to use every proc of wildfire, which is a noticable DPS loss.

A 32pyro/23lock/11archon build will parse about the same, with more survivability and mobility.

Both parse lower than pyro/ele.
    Actually I just tested the 32/23/11 build last night and it does not parse the same.. Infact the build I have linked parsed over 200 dps higher. Pre patch it was much closer for whatever reason. Im not completely sure about pyro/ele but 51 pyro pre patch did not parse this high.. Try it out I think you will be surprised.

Soulwalker

And yes it does force me to use every proc of wildfire and no it is not a dps loss.. It actually ups my dps by a little.. Ive also tested that.. It hits for nearly the same as my fireball does..

I'm glad to see others experimenting with 51 pyro -its been a favorite spec of mine for a while.

I run 51pyro/15 warlock/0dom - because I think what makes Cinderburst useful is the Opportunity proc.

I Have parsed this against the more popular pyro/ele spec, and I just seem to do more DPS with this. My SP is still low (900), and crit around 700, so maybe it won't scale when I get more T3 equip.

As for the mobility aspects, it hasn't really hindered me all that much - other than I dont spam CB like you do in the standard SC/ELE Spec -but with warlock -I can cast some DOTS to keep up while re-casting GoP.

All I know is I top the DPS charts with the other mages in my guild that are similarly equipped (Please don't start with the "all your mages must suck" -we are progressing in GSB, and working our gear up -we are all about the same at the moment) - BTW -the Zoomancer spec is winning the ST DPS parses for us -but I just dont like using pets that much in raids.

I have always used pyro armor -because I do like the proc -but I'll have to experiment with Fire -that 5% steady buff may end up being a DPS increase.

Re-wildfire -Im not convinced its a DPS loss (or gain) -my parses on dummies are inconclusive so far.

Telaran

I'm pretty sure Fire Bolt has higher DPS than fireball. Just take your average fireball damage (including crits and the dot portion) and divide it by 2, vs your average fire bolt damage divided by 1.5. The main advantage I find with Fire Bolt though, (and instants in general) is you can spend a very minimal amount of charge to boost them by deactivating and activating internalize charge during the global cooldown.
    If you're using Pyro armour, more casts obviously gives you a higher chance to proc cinderburst, too.

Just to help:

Firebolt has 1 purpose and that's to gain 10% fire damage bonus. When you're able to cast a Fireball when you've got the buff up, cast it. It's very powerful. Pyromancer's Armor is also better than Fire Armor, this has been tested by several people including myself

I'll see if I can do some parses with 51 pyro this weekend, but from my tests on the PTS when BB just got buffed, I didn't parse higher than I did with Pyro/Ele. The latter was actually 150-200 higher iirc

I'm also not 100% sure on Withering Flames, as Fireball has a LOT of power and a lot of that isn't easy to spot, for example Combust's firedot does it's damage under the name of Fireball too and lowers average FB numbers on parsers. And you're stationary for a few seconds and your dps will take a hit if your cast gets interrupted or simply shortened by taking damage
    Last edited by Pendu; 06-30-2011 at 06:58 AM.
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Prophet of Telara

And yes it does force me to use every proc of wildfire and no it is not a dps loss.. It actually ups my dps by a little.. Ive also tested that.. It hits for nearly the same as my fireball does..
    Fireball benefits significantly more from raid buffs, has a much higher crit chance, and a proccable dot. It has a higher SP coefficient, and thus scales better with gear.

Fire bolt is a net DPS loss, and is used only for the buff.

Soulwalker

Fireball benefits significantly more from raid buffs, has a much higher crit chance, and a proccable dot. It has a higher SP coefficient, and thus scales better with gear.

Fire bolt is a net DPS loss, and is used only for the buff.
    Ugh if thats the case I wish I could stop the wildfire proc without losing my 51 points.. or is there?

Ugh if thats the case I wish I could stop the wildfire proc without losing my 51 points.. or is there?
    I'm sorry good sir, but if you want to play a 1 button class, reroll a warrior, rogue or dps cleric.
    Last edited by Pendu; 06-30-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Um...make another macro without firebolt? Once you proc wildfire, stop using the "WFoff" Macro and use "WFon" :P Then two button yourself to success?

Although I would say Pyro armor seems more effective than Fire Armor. Although sometimes when I try using pyro and end up never getting a proc I want to use fire purely out of rage :P
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-30-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Telaran

Does heatwave refresh all the CDs such as fulminate, withering flames, etc?

Leeching flames is quite powerful but the 30 sec CD makes it less impressive, is it affected by heatwave as well? I've been toying with a pyro build, trying to make something other than the pyro/elem.

+ Reply to Thread