+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best necro/lock spec w/ macros

Default Best necro/lock spec w/ macros

Anybody with a great necro/lock build? Is it good ST dps 1.3? Any macros? Help is appreciated
    RIP Lotham

Soulwalker

I be gettin dirty with necro lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpsgroi View Post
    Anybody with a great necro/lock build? Is it good ST dps 1.3? Any macros? Help is appreciated
    I'd recommend just going pure Lock post-1.3, as Neddra's Influence really buffs up DPS with the change if you go right up to 51. If you're going to go Necro/Lock, I'd still put more pts into Lock, and 22 pts into Necro just to get Ancient Tomb and Soul Purge.
    Pylos - 51 Mage - Deepstrike
    "I'm gonna eat your f****** heart and your brain and your- I'm gonna f****** r*** your SOUL!!" - Chariot, Operation: Endgame

51 Lock certainly works, but due to Defile and Emp Darkness having clashing Charge needs, its DPS isn't as good as anything with at least 32 in Necro as far as I remember reading here. I think both 32Necro/34Lock and 51Necro are the best options in terms of pure DPS, as well as a 38Lock/28Necro Defile build.

It basically depends what you want to do - 51 Necro is very pet heavy, 38 Lock is more DoT based, and balanced ones are what I personally prefer, having the best of both builds without either Defile or Last Gasp+Mass Grave.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0qxk.xtczVdkhs this is my build, though recently I've been switching Empty The Crypts to Radiate Death so I can use it as a psuedo AOE with Dark Touch. It's for general PvE though, and as such I made it so I can swap between Revenant and Zealot, at the expense of losing Empty the Crypts, so there's a fair bit of wiggle room depending on what you want out of the build. I'd recommend trying a 33/33 as a starting point and seeing what you like best, then trying out adjustments accordingly.
    Last edited by Benlisted; 06-30-2011 at 11:11 AM.

I'm looking at 38 lock 28 necro to replace my SC/Ele PVE DPS role. I know the AE will not be equal, but I am hoping the better sustained-while-mobile single target DPS makes up for it.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread