+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 Mage dps (SC/Ele AB BS Rotation)

Shadowlander

Default 1.3 Mage dps (SC/Ele AB BS Rotation)

My stats atm is 1181 SP 672 SC and 250 Focus. Unbuffed before Pillaging Stone.

(03:20) Warmaster Galenir: 18408 Kyranda-Arctic Blast-8409 | Kyran | 1719 | Equal | 1448 | Pulu | 1435 | Unico | 1432 | Fleme | 1348 | Gheed | 1317 | Liddi | 1287 | Arand | 1230 | Glore | 1206 |

Damage breakdown: http://oi54.tinypic.com/200790w.jpg

I would like to point out that I had to end the parse manually because it bugged out. Have a look at this picture: http://oi52.tinypic.com/23ma7x4.jpg

And If I were to take my damage and divide it by the fight time act shows in the above picture I'd get 343704/194 = 1,771 DPS.

Now I can't judge myself since I'm biased but is that a fair calculation? At the end of the day I'm just trying to show people that great DPS is still possible.

With best regards Kyranda
    Danney - Mage - Purge To Win (Icewatch)

Rift Disciple

Very impressive, the only thing that can be said about it, and I hate to nitpick, you were a bit lucky with the AB crit rate, but this is definitely the dps we can expect if Trion does indeed fix BS =\
    Very nice parse =)

would you post the rotation please and a build/macros or a link to a post that has them?

Soulwalker

i got 1813 with the necro dom spec on warmaster... tried on pluto...... **** was garbage too much turning and moving

Shadowlander

Shadowlander

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranda View Post
    My stats atm is 1181 SP 672 SC and 250 Focus. Unbuffed before Pillaging Stone.

(03:20) Warmaster Galenir: 18408 Kyranda-Arctic Blast-8409 | Kyran | 1719 | Equal | 1448 | Pulu | 1435 | Unico | 1432 | Fleme | 1348 | Gheed | 1317 | Liddi | 1287 | Arand | 1230 | Glore | 1206 |

Damage breakdown: http://oi54.tinypic.com/200790w.jpg

I would like to point out that I had to end the parse manually because it bugged out. Have a look at this picture: http://oi52.tinypic.com/23ma7x4.jpg

And If I were to take my damage and divide it by the fight time act shows in the above picture I'd get 343704/194 = 1,771 DPS.

Now I can't judge myself since I'm biased but is that a fair calculation? At the end of the day I'm just trying to show people that great DPS is still possible.

With best regards Kyranda
    Thank you for testing Coldhearts rotation and proving its effectiveness. With that being said, I still can't shake the defeated feeling I get for rolling a mage. We are fubar. We mages jump up and down for breaking 1700 dps with a relatively complex rotation that requires a good amount of micromanagement, when Rogues jump up and down for breaking 2k dps with a 1 button spam..... Cmon really? To even pull good dps we have to roll a spec that is a gimmick spec... Sorry, but good job Kyranda.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Oscelot View Post
    Very impressive, the only thing that can be said about it, and I hate to nitpick, you were a bit lucky with the AB crit rate, but this is definitely the dps we can expect if Trion does indeed fix BS =\
    Very nice parse =)
    With a good rotation and the right buffs I think its pretty common to get a 100% crit rate on AB, at least so far since Ive been running the same spec thats what I'm seeing.

Shadowlander

Before trying Coldheart's rotation I was useing a variation on DeadlySights rotation but with a few tweaks and I've got to say that while mine was easier I did get alot of halfcrits with AB but since switching to this rotaiton I've seen ONE halfcrit and that was on Duke.

Shadowlander

Anyone else used this rotation and gotten any neat results?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranda View Post
    Anyone else used this rotation and gotten any neat results?
    Neat result indeed: Fingers tangled into an awkward pretzel shape.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Champion

im gonna have to try this out, half crits are getting really annoying. i was also using a modified DS rotation.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

What i want to point out, why do mages have very very very complex rotations to keep up the dps, and all other classes just spam 1 macro?

In my understanding, if im going to use such a rotation, i should be atleast doing more dps than others smashing 1 macro...

Dont know how Trion figured out that this balances the game? you really think a warrior should out dps a mage? (wasnt that the issue b4 1.1 when warriors got nerfed and mages got buffed?)
    Retired

Shadowlander

And the next question is, how many mages can you have doing this rotation on one target? It's my understanding that AB/BS rotations don't stack.

One mage doing 1700+ dps is great, but not if it makes other mages trying to use this rotation redundant.

Champion

how many dps mages are there in a raid anyway, no more than 5 mage spots id imagine, 1 chloro, 1 archon, then you can have 2 BS dps, and say 1 necro/warlock or something. not everyone wants to play this, and its not the only dps option now.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Soulwalker

can someone give me a build link for this I need to tweek mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast