+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improved Warlock Armor Bug?

Default Improved Warlock Armor Bug?

Here is something that has been bugging me for a while. I had already reported this bug in-game months ago.

"Improved Warlock Armor" should increase damage by 10%. Yet, I remember running a lot of tests and numbers, but the damage increase always came out to be around 6.5% rather than 10%.

Has anyone noticed, tested or reported this?
    Last edited by Atavus; 06-29-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Plane Walker

Default good question

Quote Originally Posted by Atavus View Post
    Here is something that has been bugging me for a while. I had already reported this bug in-game months ago.

"Improved Warlock Armor" should increase damage by 10%. Yet, I remember running a lot of tests and numbers, but the damage increase always came out to be around 6.5% rather than 10%.

Has anyone noticed, tested or reported this?
    Just a guess, but maybe it's +10% to core, and not on top of buffed stats or other enhancers....maybe even doesn't take into account Source stone stats.....dunno if intended or not.

Soulwalker

I tested it yesterday also.

Before this patch, it seemed to have little to no effect. (I was using the Xanadu parser until I gave ACTv3 a try) So I basically took it out of my builds.

Since this patch, it does actually seem to be increasing spell damage. Using ACTv3 I found it improved void bolt from 8-11%. I attribute the range to random opportunity procs and could probably test it w/o any points in opportunity to get a more accurate number.

Honestly Im just glad it seems to be working although Im not sure those 5 pts are best spent on it as of yet with all the new changes.

Damage increases are added together before they are applied.
    In this case you have Dark Power, 10% damage.
    So lets say you have a spell that hits for 1000.. dark power makes it hit for 1100. Warlock Armor makes it hit for 1200 not 1210.
    Last edited by bluedot; 06-29-2011 at 07:07 PM.

As others have said it is additive to other damage buffs (which lock specs have a lot of). Having it be multiplicative would be nice, but would make SC builds ridiculously powerful with all the dmg increasers there.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Damage increases are added together before they are applied.
    In this case you have Dark Power, 10% damage.
    So lets say you have a spell that hits for 1000.. dark power makes it hit for 1100. Warlock Armor makes it hit for 1200 not 1210.
    Yea, but what I was getting was the problem. Taking your example I was getting:
    Base damage 1000 > Dark Power 1100 > Imp Warlock Armor 1650 (6.5% from base damage).

It wasn't giving me the additive effect of 10%+10% (off base damage), but more like 10%+6.5%.

I think I need to test it further with current patch and see.

@ Cordite: I don't think Opportunity affects the actual damage outcome per cast, if that's what you were recording.
    Last edited by Atavus; 06-30-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Rift Disciple

Yea, but what I was getting was the problem. Taking your example I was getting:
    Base damage 1000 > Dark Power 1100 > Imp Warlock Armor 1650 (6.5% from base damage).

It wasn't giving me the additive effect of 10%+10% (off base damage), but more like 10%+6.5%.

I think I need to test it further with current patch and see.

@ Cordite: I don't think Opportunity affects the actual damage outcome per cast, if that's what you were recording.
    You might want to check your math. You are showing warlock armor giveing a 55% bonus.

Arggg sry lol .. I obviously meant 1165

Rift Disciple

Arggg sry lol .. I obviously meant 1165
    No problem, sometimes I can't hold back when it comes to math. (A curse of being an engineer I guess)

I believe tool tip values are adjusted based on your percentage modifiers. Are you accounting for this?

OK here is today's test:

---------------------------------

Dark Power: 0/0
    Void Bolt Damage (Tooltip): 117 to 121
    Actual: 478 - 482 / 722 c

Dark Power: 5/5 (+10%)
    Void Bolt Damage (Tooltip): 128 to 133
    Actual: 526 - 530 / 794 c

Dark Power: 5/5 (+10%)
    Improved Warlock Armor: 5/5 (+10%)
    Void Bolt Damage (Tooltip): 128 to 133 (does NOT reflect IWA changes)
    Actual: 573 - 578 / 866 c

As you can see it is 10% + 10% increase on Base damage, as advertised, with the excpetion of IWA not reflecting on tooltip, but that's minor. I am glad they fixed it.

Mind you, I ran the same test 1 or 2 patches ago, and Improved Warlock Armor was only giving 6.5%, hence the bug report and this post

As you can see it is 10% + 10% increase on Base damage, as advertised, with the excpetion of IWA not reflecting on tooltip, but that's minor. I am glad they fixed it.
    Tooltip damage generally do no update because of buffs. Oddly enough the cast time does update.

Soulwalker

Awesome guys, thanks for confirming it.

I think I was testing wrong.. rather than checking it by cast I was spamming void bolt until my mana pool ran dry.

Then I would do it again with Imp Warlock Armor on.

So, I was skewing my results because each run would have differing amounts of opportunity procs and crits as well as varying lengths of time (anywhere from 3 to 4 minutes basically). I should have just recorded the casts individually with and without IWA.

+ Reply to Thread