+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: for all dominators - dont cast mass charged shield in WF

Plane Touched

Default for all dominators - dont cast mass charged shield in WF

It breaks detaunt, if there alot of mages and clerics at your group, you basicley just screwed them.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    It breaks detaunt, if there alot of mages and clerics at your group, you basicley just screwed them.
    Whoopsie. I'm assuming this counts for dropping one unasked on someone at the beginning of a WF at low levels, too?

*Slinks guiltily away*
    Last edited by joanlewiswrites; 06-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    I'd be an advocate for separate queues for premade and non premade groups. Some people have said they were successful in all queuing separately at the exact same time. If this is true, there will still be rofl-stomps of non premade groups even if only 90% of the team gets in. Does anyone have an idea how they could/even would combat this?
    Posted on 03-07-2011 by Sinoxis

Plane Touched

dont mess with me, i will squirrel you
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 06-29-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    or maybe if you pay more attention to your buffs and see it on you then you can right click it off. simple. i mean if you were really THAT worried about having it on you would be on constant alert for it as if it were a debuff to you. personally i have never even used detaunt. it doesnt even deserve a place on my hotbars.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 06-29-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    or maybe if you pay more attention to your buffs and see it on you then you can right click it off. simple. i mean if you were really THAT worried about having it on you would be on constant alert for it as if it were a debuff to you. personally i have never even used detaunt. it doesnt even deserve a place on my hotbars.
    took the words out of my mouth, people that use detaunts are rare enough to begin with.

Maybe adding 'during combat' would be a more accurate name for this thread
    Last edited by garethh; 06-29-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Mages don't use detaunt? Is that why they cry about Rogues and Warriors so much?

I'm guilty of casting it on people on my mage. But I love having it on my Cleric.

Plane Walker

You ppl seriously don't use detaunt? It can be life saver in so many occasions and in grp pvp that I wish it had lower cd... (come on... 1min cd for 10 sec duration? wtf).

I use detaunt but against P6s its worthless.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    You ppl seriously don't use detaunt? It can be life saver in so many occasions and in grp pvp that I wish it had lower cd... (come on... 1min cd for 10 sec duration? wtf).
    About 3/4 of the time it would actually be useful in pvp (rogues popping from stealth) I'm already dead by the time the stun wears off or on so low health that it doesn't matter. So not really that useful.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    About 3/4 of the time it would actually be useful in pvp (rogues popping from stealth) I'm already dead by the time the stun wears off or on so low health that it doesn't matter. So not really that useful.
    When it is 1v1, there is VERY little usage due to the nature of it, although it can save you if said rogue pops immunity while dpsing you.

But in a WF or grp pvp, it is invaluable, use @mouseover detaunt to the DD that you will not hit, it saved me countless times. Running while potting/healing/getting healed on detaunt is a very valid tactic to stay alive, and trust me, it helps a lot, even when PUGGing. I just wish it had lower cd, let's say 20 sec would be super.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    (uhm having the detaunt means u also have the ability to break that stun you are complaining about, just sayin)

Plane Walker

doesnt matter because if they are a mage and are diein to a rogue in the first place, they are doing something wrong, detaunt or break free not going to help them. I dont kno of many occasions where detaunt is all that useful, Ive used it when just killing somebody and a MM decides to shoot you at 50% health or when killing a low rank cleric just detaunt the War protecting them. But yeah detaunt is all that serious I may use it 1-2 times in a whole WF.

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    (uhm having the detaunt means u also have the ability to break that stun you are complaining about, just sayin)
    Break Free is awesome and I <3 it. But it's not always off cooldown ;)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Telaran

Thank you for the advice. I now only cast before the WF starts and macro'd /war If you use Detaunt click off Charged Shield as it will break it.
    Pheowna | DPS Mage
    <Breaking Bads> 11/11 HK
    Guardian | Seastone
    3803 DPS Sicaron 11/2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast