+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @Zoomancer Users - 38 Warlock 28 Dominator

Telaran

Default @Zoomancer Users - 38 Warlock 28 Dominator

I've been trying out the Zoomancer spec found here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...mages-dont-cry

I love it! I've been using it off and on during raids and have had some issues though with pathing and what not also the DPS dump it takes if something happens to all those pets. I decided to check out other specs that use 28 Dominator, warlock seems to be a good pair for similar DPS and no pet at all other then the CD from Domi.

Here is the spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...koRbz.eeRhzVVx

Here are the macros I use:

#show Void Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Death's Edict
    cast Void Bolt

#show Split Personality
    suppressmacrofailures
    use Glob of Crystallized Blood
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Split Personality
    cast Transference

#show Memory Wipe
    cast @mouseover Memory Wipe

I've parsed a few times and was able to get 1k+ while standing on the dummys, since this isn't like most raids my ranged parse is looking like this

(03:01) Boss Practice Dummy: 982 Stormin-Void Bolt-1243 | Storm (982/100%)

It is a bit low but hey its got all the cool stuff from Domi, doesn't use a pet at all and can be mobile if needed by maintaining your dots and spamming Neural Pod, let me know what yall think.

Telaran

I haven't messed with the new domi yet, 3 questions.

Why do you cast transference after split?

What kind of dps do you do when split is on CD?

You have the macros but what's your rotation, I assume dark touch and defile are in there somewhere?

Soulwalker

what am i missing guys?

I've followed the soul build on the 1st page of this articel too the letter and the rotation too but according too parser, my pet is out dpsing me and im only causing (unbuffed) around 550 dps.

I can't work it out.

The only thing that i can think is that my gear is shockingly bad but most of it is T2.

Quote Originally Posted by kelemvore View Post
    what am i missing guys?

I've followed the soul build on the 1st page of this articel too the letter and the rotation too but according too parser, my pet is out dpsing me and im only causing (unbuffed) around 550 dps.

I can't work it out.

The only thing that i can think is that my gear is shockingly bad but most of it is T2.
    Gotta give us more to go on then that.

Get http://gyazo.com/en and give us some screenies.

Soulwalker

Ran a quick parse with stats: 1167 SP 670 SC

Time: 04:00 Raid DPS:892 Nootrishuss :892

Think i forgot to refresh DT and Defile at one point but they weren't down for more than 5 seconds.
    The problem I see with this spec is that it lacks AoE (just lilke Zoomancer) and doesn't have especially high burst (only had a few mins to test so will have to re-review this). I also wonder how much better it is in high movement fights compared to the normal CB spam in SC/Ele or Necrolock. I'd like to test it with raid buffs, but I think it just lacks a little OOMF.

Nice work regardless
    Last edited by Nootrishus; 06-29-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kelemvore View Post
    what am i missing guys?

I can't work it out.

I've been able to maintain about 650-800 DPS without the pets, the CD's are whats pullin that average up over the length of the encounter. For the rotation I usually put Neddras Torture, Life Leach, Dark Touch, Defile then I pop my CD's (Transference is there for the Charge boost and instant cast to have pets start attacking asap without having to hit another hotkey) from there I just spam the first macro and refresh dots as needed.

I have only tested it a bit with encounters that require movement, what I've been doing so far is trying to keep all my dots up and spamming the first macro while moving to throw out the instant cast as well as the CD macro which is usually down, still works to transference so you can keep defile on the target and you can also throw out neural pods for a little bit of dps/charge. This spec is best used stationary for sure tho and it still depends on those pets during the CD for most of its DPS, if you can pop it right before a static discharge tho its pretty sexy

Overall I think a SC/Ele spec will outdo this one for DPS, I just like it in some encounters because its pet free, has a reflect/silence, self cure and stuff like that.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nootrishus View Post
    Ran a quick parse with stats: 1167 SP 670 SC

Time: 04:00 Raid DPS:892 Nootrishuss :892

Think i forgot to refresh DT and Defile at one point but they weren't down for more than 5 seconds.
    The problem I see with this spec is that it lacks AoE (just lilke Zoomancer) and doesn't have especially high burst (only had a few mins to test so will have to re-review this). I also wonder how much better it is in high movement fights compared to the normal CB spam in SC/Ele or Necrolock. I'd like to test it with raid buffs, but I think it just lacks a little OOMF.

Nice work regardless
    If you're looking for AoE in a Dom spec, 33sc/33dom is pretty snazzy. Ab rotation, except no lightning strike, and casting discharge after split is pretty win.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bounci View Post
    If you're looking for AoE in a Dom spec, 33sc/33dom is pretty snazzy. Ab rotation, except no lightning strike, and casting discharge after split is pretty win.
    You said it. 1130 @ 5:30 parse a few days ago. Was even considering parsing some #'s with all specs + 28 dom variations. Hell, even messed with dom/ele. (yeah ummm, not so good)
    Victimizer
    Mage
    Faemist

+ Reply to Thread