+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How about you just re-work Archmage?

Plane Walker

Default How about you just re-work Archmage?

Just add some stuff to archmage and re-work the soul. It's PvP stuff, so shouldn't influence PvE builds, and there can be some balance in the mage class in respect to others.

While good in thought...."Physical damage from players reduced by (3/6/9/12/15%)."

what does that 15% do for me?...If I die in 7 secs from stun to finish...I die in 8 secs instead?

Can't really get off a 1 sec spell to save my life....options, but c'mon

Seems that CC's were negated after 1.1.....poor planning, I understand, some things unforeseeable.

What would help is: Removes all immunities from target (2..3..6 secs)

something along the lines of retrieving Mage Defensive abilities that were written into the game to begin with, but were abused or something that made you make them obsolete.

I'm willing to lose ALL offensive passives in the tree, in favor of NON-dmg dealing counters, shields, stuns, debuffs, etcs

Again it's a PvP soul, utilize Archmage to achieve the defensive separation needed (single target)

Offensive Archmage is zero-sum gained, let me explain.
    ex:"Spell damage against players is increased by (3/6/9/12/15%)."

those 5 points can be put into Souls which increase dmg with the amount of points spent....Life bane, Burning bright, etc...which also allows for higher spell tree spells in those respective classes.

or even specing in the 5 points in Warlock, would give you dark touch instant plus 25% more charge..which would make up for any +15% dmg spec in archmage. Zero-Sum gained.

I know people call for more Dungeon DPS...and ya'll can work on that....but for PvPers....immunities and the lack of defensive counters are quite literally Killing us.

Is it too much to ask to rework the Archmage spec given the changes that have occurred to pre-planned mage CC and defensive abilities?

With the exception of being killed in stunlock against rogues I am very content with the way my mage performs against Clerics/Warriors

I just call Rogues my hard counter and move on
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Plane Walker

Ghost Rider: (5-10s) ability to cast on the run(1 minCD)
    Chaos Keys: for (1-5 sec) opponents keys get inverted(forward=backwards, Left=right, abilities on ability bars gets shuffled around, Macros disabled) 90sec CD)

Kinda cool stuff, no +damage, but adds escapability/survivability

shorter CD's to make them spec'd more and okay being that its not killing the opponent

Plane Touched

archmage is not worth investing except 0 points for break free, every top ability in archmage costs charge, and thats a big problem.

Plane Walker

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    archmage is not worth investing except 0 points for break free, every top ability in archmage costs charge, and thats a big problem.
    that's why I think it should be reworked to the point of people wanting to invest in it

no +dmg....the idea is...yeah you can do more dmg with a zero AM build...but you won't live as long w/o the AM skills to help directly combat players in the PvP arena

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DontBluffMyJ View Post
    lllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllll

Plane Touched

people still play 51pyro/15 archmage 1.3? or 32/stormcaller/15 archmage? seriously... any chloro/necro/lock combo better off not investing points in archmage, even dom 51 works better with pyro/chloro.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 06-29-2011 at 03:27 PM.

PvP souls should be removed from the regular soul system, and become a separate tree in which you put special soul points imo.

With the current system, if we're making them too good, everybody will be forced to put 21 points in it and this will reduce drastically the number of soul combinations in PvP, which is a bad thing.

If we're making them too weak, nobody is going to take it and it will be useless.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    lllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllll
    I agree. This thread is totally weird. Overload is absolutely still worth getting! Hastened withdraw in group specs still nice.

Soulwalker

Default ArchMage

I have tried all the ArchMage combinations, and what I run now is zero points in ArchMage for Breakfree.

Not even that happy with Breakfree - I use it, then get immediately CC'd again. And the long cool down...

Warlock has more emergency spells than archmage. I don't feel my overall survivability increased by taking those points in archmage.

Dom/warlock or dom/chlor >>> dom/archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

I'm 51 chlor / 10 dom / 5 am.

Not saying AM is great but it's far better than other classes have.

I dont like the idea of PvP souls at all though. It implies that you'll ever not be PvPing, which is stupid. This is an MMO, after all. There should just be a set of PvP perks or something.

+ Reply to Thread