+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Instant casts not being instant - fixed?

Plane Touched

Default Instant casts not being instant - fixed?

... well, apparently not.

I know the original fix was aimed at removing the bug causing instant skills have a cast time with cast speed debuffs. However, during GSB and RoS today i noticed something hillariously ridiculous. I was running 51 archon with warlock on the side. And guess what...

Every singe time opportunity procced - you know, the proc making the next cast instant regardless of cast time - it would make archon instant buffs (the auras) have a 0.4 sec cast time. Even the tooltips would update to reflect the cast time (hence the accuracy of the number). And ofc thus not possible to refresh on the move which was my main gripe about the bug.

But seriously, a proc making the next cast instant, causing instants to have a cast time...

Oh, the irony...
    Last edited by Onds; 06-29-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

Quote Originally Posted by Onds View Post
    Every singe time opportunity procced - you know, the proc making the next cast instant regardless of cast time - it would make archon instant buffs (the auras) have a 0.4 sec cast time. Even the tooltips would update to reflect the cast time (hence the accuracy of the number). And ofc thus not possible to refresh on the move which was my main gripe about the bug.

But seriously, a proc making the next cast instant, causing instants to have a cast time...

Oh, the irony...
    Opportunity reduces the cast time by 100%, It does not make it instant. If you reduce the cast time by 100% and then increase it 10% you'll end up with a cast time.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Opportunity reduces the cast time by 100%, It does not make it instant. If you reduce the cast time by 100% and then increase it 10% you'll end up with a cast time.
    You completely missed the point.

Lets take a cast time of 5 seconds, ie a non native instant spell. Opportunity procs, reducing its cast time by 100%, ie by 5 seconds. The cast time is now 0 seconds, making it effectively instant as long as there are no other factors increasing said cast times.

However, native skills are just that, native instants. They have no cast time to begin with, and a bug making them have one with cast speed debuffs pre 1.2 was addressed in a bug fix in 1.3. But, in this case a 100% cast speed reduction buff is making (some at least, i did not notice it happening with non archon aura buffs) native instants suddenly have a cast time of 0.4 seconds.

Yes, i know what you are saying, but what you are posting is irrelevant to this particular bug, at least as far as we can see on our side of the mechanics fence.

Edit: To add extra clarification, the bug is reproducable in a non hostile environment
    Last edited by Onds; 06-29-2011 at 12:42 PM.
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

Champion

Archon Auras aren't a "native instant", they're a native 3 second cast. You need 3 points in Favored Ally to give them a 100% cast time reduction making it a zero second cast time, which for all intents and purposes should be considered the same as instant.

Sounds like there's still a bug though, in that if you apply two different 100% cast time reduction abilities to an ability, it's no longer instant. I wonder if the same thing applies to Bloom and Flourish for Chloros with an opportunity proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Onds View Post
    You completely missed the point.

Lets take a cast time of 5 seconds, ie a non native instant spell. Opportunity procs, reducing its cast time by 100%, ie by 5 seconds. The cast time is now 0 seconds, making it effectively instant as long as there are no other factors increasing said cast times.

However, native skills are just that, native instants. They have no cast time to begin with, and a bug making them have one with cast speed debuffs pre 1.2 was addressed in a bug fix in 1.3. But, in this case a 100% cast speed reduction buff is making (some at least, i did not notice it happening with non archon aura buffs) native instants suddenly have a cast time of 0.4 seconds.

Yes, i know what you are saying, but what you are posting is irrelevant to this particular bug, at least as far as we can see on our side of the mechanics fence.

Edit: To add extra clarification, the bug is reproducable in a non hostile environment
    Ahh I see what you mean now. You are right, if you are Archon/Warlock and you get Opportunity it makes your buff Auras a .2 second cast time.

3 second cast time
    reduced by 100%
    reduced by 100%
    = .2 second cast time

3 - (3/100%) = 0
    0 - (0/100%) = .2

Now where on earth is that .2 seconds coming from.

Plane Touched

Exactly ;)

(to both the above posts)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread