+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloro Rotation. Hmmm

Telaran

Default Chloro Rotation. Hmmm

I decided today to try and make a Chloro for PVP. It's a Chloro/Lock/Arch 51/10/5.

I just don't seem to be doing sufficient heals and/or damage. I am, however, MUCH harder to take down.

Can anyone experienced in playing a chloro give me an idea of what the basic rotations are? It seems to be WAY more complex a build to play than my pyro burst damage build.

aux

There's no "rotation". Spam Void Life until you need something else.
    I'm so BORED

Telaran

Surely number one on the rotation list would be Radiant Spores.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheena View Post
    I actually quite enjoy playing my 51pt in PvP.

Aux is right in that there is no real "rotation" per se.

Its incredibly situation dependent.

I usually start off with an RS as I run into range, beyond that it depends on what I am facing. If its a larger group I hit NF, followed by a VL for a quick heal burst to the team, lay down a couple dots to add some pressure, repeat a NF. From there if I can stand and cast, NT/NF/VL. If the group is still pretty tight (like a dex point, church/bridge, on the fang carrier), I will lay out NS. The damage is actually not terrible, and it will heal the crap out of your team. I love using it in WFs.

Cast WG where appropriate (trying to hold up a carrier, etc). Bloom/Flourish on mouseover casts, ES as needed.

Also, don't forget blight. This helps you destroy those damn tanks trying to take down your DPS who are getting heal support, and also the healers. Blight rocks, use it whenever it is off CD.

Beyond that it's really up to you for judgement calls. Can you get off a NT? Is a flourish going to be a better idea at the moment? Is ruin worth it? Will laying down WG help? If not will the damage boost help take this XYZ down?

Etc. Timing is the key, knowing the abilities, what you can/cant get away with. Its definitely not a A+c+b+d=e or fail spec. Sometimes A+c=e sometimes B+c+a+d=e.
    -Crash the silence for the sake of memory-

Telaran

Thanks. Great post. That will help allot

aux

Radiant Spores is the biggest waste of a global cooldown in the Chloro's arsenal, right below Withering Vines. It's crap. 100% crap. This includes using it in 20-man raiding.
    I'm so BORED

Plane Walker

Default how about?

I decided today to try and make a Chloro for PVP. It's a Chloro/Lock/Arch 51/10/5.
    why not elementalist?(armor+Crit%)

you wanna be hard to take down? spec 10 higher into elem for 10% dmg reduction, maybe 10 in archmage

I did this quick

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dIuaAr0Ro.Vt0z

quick mana regen, never miss a beat
    Last edited by quicklikesloth; 06-29-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Radiant Spores is the biggest waste of a global cooldown in the Chloro's arsenal, right below Withering Vines. It's crap. 100% crap. This includes using it in 20-man raiding.
    Care to elaborate?

Banned

Somethings to consider while playing a 51 chloro:
    Mana-With Dom's everywhere mana becomes an issue
    2.5 secs=Eternity on NH
    CC-You need to be able to cc for yourself and not depend on others to peel.

The answer is going 15 into lock for the convert to mana, fear, snare, and opportunity procs when you are forced to kite and fish for opportunity procs.

What you lose is the extra dmg and detaunt from the AM tree, but IMO it is worth it.

Wait, so a chance for your team to heal themselves while damaging the other side is useless....did I miss something? o.O
    Dear Players,
    We really don't have a Vision for the Mage Class. We are just winging it based on conversations around the water cooler. Occasionally we hire a Shaman to come read squirrel entrails. He says he can predict the future and it makes a tasty sandwich when he is done, so who are we to argue. Please continue to insert your $15 per month and have a nice day.

Plane Touched

I disagree. On my parse in a 20-man raid, without worrying about 100% uptime and throwing it up whenever I have the chance to, it amounts on average to anywhere between 3%-8% of my overall heals, sometimes more, and in a 20man raid on a pretty raid-heal heavy fight, I do anywhere from 1200-1800 HPS.

If you have two chloros, have only one of them keep it up the best they can. I don't labor over the button, ensuring 100% uptime, but it has the capacity to heal for too much to completely ignore. Worth throwing up at LEAST when you're moving. Include it in the bottom of your macro. This is what I do, and how it generally gets applied to the boss/mobs. I also toss it on right before the tank pulls, since it generates zero threat. I rarely ever stray away from my big-healing rotation, but if there's NOTHING happening, why not throw on RS/WV?
    Last edited by Uhgii; 06-30-2011 at 11:56 AM.

You raised the point though: Raid damage

any other fights it just isn't worth the time. Well unless you use the greater essence for it...then it's "okay". But 32 damage on Vile spores isn't much to smile about So lets not talk about it. If two chloros exist have one dedicated to doing spores so they don't stamp on each others feet and waste more GCDs than required
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-30-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    You raised the point though: Raid damage

any other fights it just isn't worth the time. Well unless you use the greater essence for it...then it's "okay". But 32 damage on Vile spores isn't much to smile about So lets not talk about it. If two chloros exist have one dedicated to doing spores so they don't stamp on each others feet and waste more GCDs than required
    Oh, I agree. I almost exclusively talk from a raid perspective. Also -- keep in mind that the 32 damage on VS amounts to 192 heals being thrown out in a 51-chloro spec (120% of damage converted to heals), not to mention that the first tick of the DoT would be higher as well, amounting to over 200 extra heals on each VS you throw out. 180 for 36/30 chloro/lock, still amounting to the better part of 200 heals for each VS, which is (aside from ruin and optionally NT), what you exclusively spam.

Better than you'd think.

Rift Disciple

Cloro rotation
    For pvp

You are basically saying how should I play a reactive class in reactive environment without reacting to different situations and do good? Well you can't.

aux

Someone was even talking about a macro O_o
    I'm so BORED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast