+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: SC Electrify Stack Timer Disappears Even After 1.3

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,159

    Default SC Electrify Stack Timer Disappears Even After 1.3

    I've noticed this on many occassions. I can't seem to tell if it is the Static Flux that makes it disappear sometimes, whether it is the Ice Shear. Whether it is a combination of the two or whether it is some other variable like other SCs on the mob. I just use Ice Shear's countdown to time my refresh mostly of my Electrify stacks. But since I do this, I am not maximizing my dps.

    Anyone have any insight on why the Timer is still disappearing, even after 1.3?
    My Hand Reaches Far...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    While you use LF on more than one target stacks disappear (if you use lf on 3 mobs you will lose 2 stacks)

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    I guess I should be more clear, sorry.

    This is during raids, I am using the SC/Ele build. I have a caster pet out. I use:

    Raging Storm/Thunderbolt
    Ice Shear
    Lightning Strike
    Cloudburst

    This is my Single Target rotation (basic) and it occurs.

    I am aware of the change with 1.3 on how the Charged Field effects dissipate the electrify stacks on mobs when AEing with Lightning field and how the Icon indicates this.

    This is not the case in this thread.

    EDIT: This is more for the Timer itself. The countdown will be going and then it will dispappear with 5 seconds, 7 seconds, 13 seconds, all variables.
    Last edited by Shaidar Haran; 06-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    EDIT: This is more for the Timer itself. The countdown will be going and then it will dispappear with 5 seconds, 7 seconds, 13 seconds, all variables.
    I have seen this happen when another SC gets into the mix or if I am refreshing it on a target that is not the orginal target I was casting on. Its weird, but the timer is definately still going. I think its a bug.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    I haven't been able to isolate the reason that this happens, but it's not really important 99% of the time. As long as you're casting your normal rotation, you'll refresh it before it drops, timer or no timer.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Thank you for verifying it is just not me then.

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    I haven't been able to isolate the reason that this happens, but it's not really important 99% of the time. As long as you're casting your normal rotation, you'll refresh it before it drops, timer or no timer.
    Very true, but the problem with a cookie cutter rotation is that it never works outside of the dummy area. You are always inching up this way or that way. Dead sprinting before the electricity field pops up so you can lay down your Ground again on the proper side. Moving, Moving, Moving. You can't keep anything resembling a perfect rotation when doing boss fights, and even some trash fights so the Timer becomes quite a necessary tool. But like I stated above, I just use Ice Shear's countdown since I've never seen it get dispelled or anything.

    I hope the Devs are looking into this tho, since this seems to be a common occurrence. Hopefully it is a fix they are looking to in the future and not too difficult for them. I imagine it is on the back burners with the plethora of other issues tho
    My Hand Reaches Far...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    ive seen it happen, and for me, its only personally happened with off focus targers. For example, Lighting Storm a group, LF them down, move to one that wasn't hit by LF. It only shows the charges but wont show the timer.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydis View Post
    ive seen it happen, and for me, its only personally happened with off focus targers. For example, Lighting Storm a group, LF them down, move to one that wasn't hit by LF. It only shows the charges but wont show the timer.
    ^ basically what I said. I have seen it when another SC is involved though, which is probably their electrified stacks and thats why you dont see thir timer maybe??? dont know. I havent used SC a whole lot sincepatch. been messing around with necrolock, a lot of chloro, even tried full lock just for kicks. SC seems pretty interchangeable with other specs when on boss fights now adays.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    Thank you for verifying it is just not me then.



    Very true, but the problem with a cookie cutter rotation is that it never works outside of the dummy area. You are always inching up this way or that way. Dead sprinting before the electricity field pops up so you can lay down your Ground again on the proper side. Moving, Moving, Moving. You can't keep anything resembling a perfect rotation when doing boss fights, and even some trash fights so the Timer becomes quite a necessary tool. But like I stated above, I just use Ice Shear's countdown since I've never seen it get dispelled or anything.

    I hope the Devs are looking into this tho, since this seems to be a common occurrence. Hopefully it is a fix they are looking to in the future and not too difficult for them. I imagine it is on the back burners with the plethora of other issues tho
    I very, very rarely deviate from my rotation. Between Ice Shear and Cloudburst, you have plenty of time you can re-position. If you need to immediately move because of a ground effect or whatnot, just toss in a CB and adjust your other casts accordingly.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    If I'm with a second storm caller and they casting LF it will remove their stacks as well as mine. There's no additive damage for removing my stacks either. It doesn't always happen and I've found no way to repeat it with the same results. It does happen frequently for me. Also, if the I cast lightning storm, then when they cast it, it cancels mine.

  11. #11
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    I've noticed this on many occassions. I can't seem to tell if it is the Static Flux that makes it disappear sometimes, whether it is the Ice Shear. Whether it is a combination of the two or whether it is some other variable like other SCs on the mob. I just use Ice Shear's countdown to time my refresh mostly of my Electrify stacks. But since I do this, I am not maximizing my dps.

    Anyone have any insight on why the Timer is still disappearing, even after 1.3?
    Because nerfing things apparently has priority over fixing things.
    I'm so BORED

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGroggyOne View Post
    If I'm with a second storm caller and they casting LF it will remove their stacks as well as mine. There's no additive damage for removing my stacks either. It doesn't always happen and I've found no way to repeat it with the same results. It does happen frequently for me. Also, if the I cast lightning storm, then when they cast it, it cancels mine.
    I haven't noticed these, but I will look into them tonight. If the other SC can use up your Charged Fields, then there is still a MAJOR bug in the system since those Charged Fields are suppose to be adding to your dps, not the ninja SC using up yours. Or if they are just removing your stacks and not adding damage to their, but still taking away from yours, still a major concern. The Lightning Storm I will look into as well. These would be 2 major concerns if found out to be accurate
    My Hand Reaches Far...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    in 1.2 a sc could use other sc electrified statuses. Since the new patch, I haven't even seen another sc stack show up. I only see my 3 and no more..so I dunno

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I have had both of the bugs reported. Other SC's using my electrified stacks in a raid so I'm spending more time applying them. I dont see their stacks on my buff bar anymore but I do see mind disappearing when i'm not casting. This has happend in GSB but I haven't noticed it happening in open world.

    I have also noticed the timer bugging where it still is 'lit up' and shows a stack but the timer is gone. As stated thats not a huge concern if ur sticking to ur normal rotation but it is still an issue.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts