+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Having ZERO problems healing pre-50

Plane Walker

Default Having ZERO problems healing pre-50

I should be making 50 this week but I am having absolutely no problems healing. Not sure how people are doing in T1 and T2 content but it sounds like raid healing is fine.

Last week there was some concern that leveling mages might be screwed, but I'm not finding any issues at all. LBV, Synth, My tank will target the next group, I cast RS then run to the edge of the tankbox maybe hit ruin on the way since I'm moving, Pop corrorsion and start spamming VS. If he gets low I hit him with bloom. If no other mobs are close I'll do Natures fury in there. Keep corrosion on. If things get dicey I hit Wild Growth. FOr me sticking close to the tank and popping corrosion seems to work the best.

There may be things that I am doing that I don't need to do, or maybe even some other things that I should be doing but I am having no problem healing. The only difference I can see is not being able to passively heal the dummies that routinely pull off the tank.

Good to hear.

Which dungeons have you healed?

Plane Walker

Up through Hook. Should be leaving there today. As I said I should be making 50 this week. i play chars really slow because I like to take my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Good to hear.

Which dungeons have you healed?

Champion

You use corrosion and VS... You're healing LH...

Troll elsewhere.

EDIT: TBH healing pre-50 isn't as bad as people say; I have a friend doing it while I level a tank alt. However when a cleric comes I secretly wet myself and don't have to **** myself going into a boss fight.
    Last edited by woopedazz; 06-29-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Cool deal.

I was wondering if the Emberlord was giving you troubles, since you were saying you liked to be in closer range. But I couldn't remember what bosses/mechanics are in normal LH versus expert.

I never actually leveled as Chloro. I mostly soloed with Necro/lock, and then made a Chloro spec at 50.
    Last edited by Xenon; 06-29-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post

Troll elsewhere.

EDIT: TBH healing pre-50 isn't as bad as people say; I have a friend doing it while I level a tank alt. However when a cleric comes I secretly wet myself and don't have to **** myself going into a boss fight.
    The troll telling someone else to troll elsewhere, funny. You must be a terrible chloro to whine so much when someone says they can heal a dungeon pre 50 and you whine that it cant be done. "Oh well LH is the exception". If he had said RD or DSM or ANYTHING you would have said the same thing i am sure.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post
    The troll telling someone else to troll elsewhere, funny. You must be a terrible chloro to whine so much when someone says they can heal a dungeon pre 50 and you whine that it cant be done. "Oh well LH is the exception". If he had said RD or DSM or ANYTHING you would have said the same thing i am sure.
    He says he's about to hit 50. He is healing LH. He says he levels slowly. He is healing LH. He says he casts Corrosion and vile spore. He is healing LH.

See what I'm saying here? I haven't whined about chloro heals in raids/outgearing instances. What people need to remember is there are some lvl 33's who get put to MH KB, there are some lvl 42s who get put to MH LH. A chloro has major issues in a PUG on these fights, whereas a Cleric has none.

...He's healing LH and he is over-levelled for it. Ya get?
    Last edited by woopedazz; 06-29-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Corrosion is actually a pretty nice cast when theres lots of enemies. Each tick fires LBV for each enemy hit.

Mainly it allows for nice and consistant HPS, and that allows for safer fights.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post
    The only difference I can see is not being able to passively heal the dummies that routinely pull off the tank.
    And that is the heart of the matter.

Plane Walker

Ummm excuse me?

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post

Troll elsewhere.

Plane Walker

The only boss I'm not in tight is on the last one. Sorry I don't remember his name. Otherwise it works really well for me.

But Corrosion works best when there are multiple mobs. So not really necessary on boss fights. Can get by with entropic and wild growth spamming VS and bloom when needed.

Honestly it's a tad more difficult than 1.2 rotation but not really very much and it keeps my attention more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Cool deal.

I was wondering if the Emberlord was giving you troubles, since you were saying you liked to be in closer range. But I couldn't remember what bosses/mechanics are in normal LH versus expert.

I never actually leveled as Chloro. I mostly soloed with Necro/lock, and then made a Chloro spec at 50.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sethek View Post
    Yea and we still have an ability to mitigate SOME of the idiots. Bloom was buffed enough that it can heal a DPS from 30% to full health now instantly. So its not like we are without the tools. But we definatley cant compensate for 2 or 3 dummies in the group. But like I said before, what cleric can compensate for 2-3 dummies in the group? Also the shorter cast time of yoru Battle Rez is pretty nice in case someone stupid dies at the beginning of the fight you can cast it and have it ready near the end of the fight just in case.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Plane Walker

Had no problems with RD either. That was a cake walk but I was higher level when 1.3 hit.

On the second to last pull there again hit wild growth corrosion and go to town. If you need have the support kick in heals... It really isn't that difficult.

I'm not sure why he is accusing me of trolling. I'm offering up what has worked really well for me. The guy sounds really bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post

Plane Walker

Yep but it means that we are real close to the action. If I have that going I barely even have to worry about the tank. That's why I scoot right up close to the tank box and let that fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastharl View Post
    Corrosion is actually a pretty nice cast when theres lots of enemies. Each tick fires LBV for each enemy hit.

Mainly it allows for nice and consistant HPS, and that allows for safer fights.

Plane Walker

Well if our class was making the standard mechanics go out of whack meaning that anyone could just off tank a mob and the tank didn't have to worry about it then I for one am glad they changed it. Dungeons actually got too easy and players weren't playing within the mechanics that they would need for later end game content (and apparently that is too easy too).

Don't open with massive burst damage unless you've given your tank the time to gather up the mobs and secure aggro. Or cast through the tank. there shouldn't be a class that circumvents the intended gameplay. No matter if you agree with the holy trinity aspect or not. that's what we are playing here. Mostly.

Besides hit them with the bloom instead or hit flourish. If they are too stupid to sit there and get hit instead of running to the tank, then they can wait to get scraped off the floor later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethek View Post
    Last edited by moda; 06-29-2011 at 08:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast