+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I love the new chloro changes.

Soulwalker

Default I love the new chloro changes.

There, I said it.

Everyone please stop QQing about the chloro changes, we have alot of new utility, reduced cooldowns on great abilities that spice things up nicely. 51 points is now viable, or do 3x/3x/x (old chlorolock) if you want to assist. Natural Healing is great for those situations when you cant do dps (boss immune, LoS phase, or just AoE pulls when every mob is near 0 and may die before cast goes off).

Good Job Tiron. Really enjoying playing chloro healer.

(Also, to those who have issues with burst damage on the tank, swap in some achon for the shield (and increased armour to group), and use natural conversion when fighting casters... oh.. and use RADIANT SPORES!!)

Plane Touched

Don't get hit by a car on your way to home..
    Talk about PVP...

Champion of Telara

I like some of the changes, I dislike others.

I like the new options for healing. I do not like the fact that you are required to be 51Chloro to main heal. I also think they overnerfed our tank healing; reducing Synthesis by 40% was overkill. They are also still some really buggy issues (like the extra healing from VL requiring you to be with 20').

Overall, the changes made Chloro easier for the really geared and raiding Chloros, and harder for leveling and average Chloros. To me, that is somewhat bass ackwards.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 06-29-2011 at 05:22 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    I like some of the changes, I dislike others.

I like the new options for healing. I do not like the fact that you are required to be 51Chloro to main heal. I think they overnerfed our tank healing., reducing Synthesis by 40% was overkill. They are still some really buggy issues (like the extra healing from VL requiring you to be with 20').
    Yeah there are some issues (range among them), synth could use a little bit of a buff, and Natures Fury needs a smaller radius when determining 'bounce' (also bounce should happen faster.. seems odd that it takes so long).

The correct level for synth is tricky though, because you WANT to be forced to switch things up with cooldowns as needed. If 2 button healing is overly effective, you wont use CDs, healing becomes boring.

The point is, despite all the QQs in the forums, some of us (probably alot of us that dont bother posting) really do like the changes.

Soulwalker

So far i realy like the changes. Dont understand the QQ'ing from so many people.
    Sure our healing has gone down a bit tho it's not that of a big deal what i've found.

The thing I do finnde anoying about all the QQ'ing is all the other players reading up on all that crap and thinking we are compleatly broken..

Me too. I love to spam Void Life all day long in raids and instances....
    Server: Imperium->Whitefall (Guardian) - Jezer (Rogue), Guild Leader of <Vampiric Beavers>
    Server: Whitefall (Defiant) - Jezeril (Mage) & Jezeriel (Warrior), Member of <Frozen Dawn>

Jezer the Shaman @ Karak-Azgal & Jezert the Bright Wizard @ Gorfang

all those who like these changes turn out to be rogue or warriors but not mages. if you're mage and you think you like this change, go your head checked pls.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

I love them, too. But then I'm a raider.

If I was still leveling or doing 5 mans, I'd probably be less thrilled.

The spec works well at the high end. Chloro raid healing is up this patch.

It should work well at all levels, and it really isn't. The chuckleheaded two veil system is something raiders totally ignore, more or less -- you concentrate on your particular healing assignment in a raid. Raid heals or tank heals. Not both. So in practice this winds up being a healing tax on 5 man chloros, who actually do need to switch from one role to the other on the fly. Scrap this, or at least get rid of the cooldown for switching veils.

And very plainly chloros aren't going to be mainhealing anybody until they can scrounge up 51 pts in the tree. A cleric can start healing as soon as they can get a party to run Realm of the Fae.

So there are problems.
    Last edited by Flaviusx; 06-29-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by killthedesires View Post
    Don't get hit by a car on your way to home..
    Talk about PVP...
    Least said about PVP the better, it's the reason why Trion keep swinging the nerfbat .. and OP, Chloro 51 is only available at 50, leveling Chloro is now a big pain, it used to be fun.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    I love them, too. But then I'm a raider.

If I was still leveling or doing 5 mans, I'd probably be less thrilled.

The spec works well at the high end. Chloro raid healing is up this patch.

It should work well at all levels, and it really isn't. The chuckleheaded two veil system is something raiders totally ignore, more or less -- you concentrate on your particular healing assignment in a raid. Raid heals or tank heals. Not both. So in practice this winds up being a healing tax on 5 man chloros, who actually do need to switch from one role to the other on the fly. Scrap this, or at least get rid of the cooldown for switching veils.

And very plainly chloros aren't going to be mainhealing anybody until they can scrounge up 51 pts in the tree. A cleric can start healing as soon as they can get a party to run Realm of the Fae.

So there are problems.

Overall, the changes made Chloro easier for the really geared and raiding Chloros, and harder for leveling and average Chloros. To me, that is somewhat bass ackwards.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    But in line with Trion's focus on hardcore raiders and their needs.

Except raiding chloros weren't asking for it. So no screwing lower levels is just counterproductive
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silidus View Post
    There, I said it.

Everyone please stop QQing about the chloro changes, we have alot of new utility, reduced cooldowns on great abilities that spice things up nicely. 51 points is now viable, or do 3x/3x/x (old chlorolock) if you want to assist. Natural Healing is great for those situations when you cant do dps (boss immune, LoS phase, or just AoE pulls when every mob is near 0 and may die before cast goes off).

Good Job Tiron. Really enjoying playing chloro healer.

(Also, to those who have issues with burst damage on the tank, swap in some achon for the shield (and increased armour to group), and use natural conversion when fighting casters... oh.. and use RADIANT SPORES!!)
    They made 51 pt builds not only viable, but the only option for main healing. That's not really a choice I wanted to have made for me.

Not really having problems healing with my gear, but don't appreciate the nerf or like the changes. 1.2 was better.
    Last edited by Xenon; 06-29-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Telaran

Natural Healing is great for those situations when you cant do dps
    True, and before this addition, there already exists a mage ability that does just that. It's called Life Shift. All it needs is a slight bump in effectiveness, a slightly shorter cast time, and the ability to crit.
    If those adjustments were made and NH removed, then chloro healers would have a more interesting and unique way of spam focus healing when no vulnerable enemies are present.
    Lift Shift causes the mage to sacrifice a little of his own life to directly heal someone else. A little bit of hurt to do something that is not in their core style. Why not?

And if you are still a huge fan of the inclusion of Natural Healing into 51 point chloro, here's my opinion for you: Go play a cleric.

+ Reply to Thread