+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS over time - Struggling to get above 600

Plane Walker

Default DPS over time - Struggling to get above 600

I've been experimenting with classes other than the chloro (due to the recent changes) but am really struggling to dps any higher than my chloro!
    I have around 900 SP, 550 crit.
    Best I could get was a Pyro/Warlock, taking the +20% damage from the warlock, combined with most of the pyro tree.

I tested this build against a dummy in Meridian multiple times with various rotations, but can get no higher than a burst over just short of 1000 dps for a few secs. Average over a few minutes comes out at about 600-700dps, and that's in perfect not moving conditions.

As reference, my 51 chloro / 15 warlock can manage 560dps average when just dpsing.

So is this normal? Does anyone have any evidence that a pyro can average over 1000dps consistently over time or are we just not suppose to?
    Just I see the warrior and rogue classes managing it in raids, where they 1300+dps over a 5 minute fight..?

Trying to be constructive here, tired of the whining on this forum recently heh.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 06-29-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Try using 32 pyro 32 ele if you want a pyro build. Heatwave resets intensify elements. With the hols to fireball crit chance and the tempest 30% extra crit damage they work well together.

So far that's the highest pyro dps build.

For st look at necro/lock or the new cookie cutter zergmancer. Ie necro domi. Or look to sc/ele for st and aoe.
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

Plane Walker

I will certainly give that a try, thank you!

+ Reply to Thread