+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about healing raids as Chloro

Soulwalker

Default Question about healing raids as Chloro

Hi there,

Before I begin I apologize for the long post.

I have been reading as many posts as I could find on the new 1.3 chloro and although I have tested it myself in GSB and RoS the past week I am still unsure what the most effective rotation is for raid healing. I have tried Vile Spores spam with NT when opportunity procs and Ruin when on the move. I have tried Void Life spam again with NT when opportunity procs and Ruin when on the move. For both of these I am of course using Flourish/Bloom when needed. I am going to start using Essence Surge and Wild Growth more frequently as well. I also rarely use Natural Splendor because I pop Entropic Veil anytime my charge reaches 100% but might start using it more as the heal for melee is nice.

I have read posts saying that VL is actually better for AoE healing than VS because with raid buffs increasing spell casting speed you end up missing approximately half of the VS DoT ticks before another VS lands, as well as wasting an Opp proc on VS instead of NT. However, the VL ticks heal for a minimal amount (I want to say approx 4-500 on avg) as compared to VS which heals approx 900-1200 for me along with the heal from the first tick of the DoT.

While Void Life is a more constant source of healing, I cannot decide whether it is better to have constant, smaller heals, or whether it would be more beneficial to have the higher heal spikes. While some fights make this an easy choice, others like Greenscale/Plutonus are more difficult to judge. I would say Hylas but being able to see when Soul Fracture is coming I usually try and time a NT along with a Ruin to land right after he casts then pop Flourish. In this instance I would usually use VL to avoid the 2s cast of VS as people are in need of constant heals.

I am 51chloro/10lock/5elem with full T2/T3 gear. No relic or glyph pieces yet although I will soon be able to afford my helm :-) Approx 1000sp and 650crit unbuffed. I would gratefully welcome any and all opinions or advice. Thank you.

For heavy tank healing 51 Chloro is the way to go.

For AoE a hybrid with Lock is more healing, just use the old rotation: NT > VS. Casting VS twice in a row in raid with the Burning Purpose buff can cause it to overwrite the DoT before it can tick.
    If you go with a hybrid you miss out on a lot of nice utility and, as you pointed out, the consistency of Void Life. The fight, your raids gear level and your strategy will determine if missing that utility is worth the extra DPS/HPS.

If you do go 51 Chloro my favorite rotation is Void Life until Opportunity then cast NT. Other people prefer NT > VL > VL 2 ticks repeat.

The big 3 (Vile Spores, Void Life, Nature's Touch) all heal for roughly the same HPS (within 10%, depending on your hear). The difference is going to be which one to use on the fly.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks

Thank you bluedot :-) So when you say hybrid are you saying that using LGV with 36/30 chloro/lock would be the way to go if it is solely an AE fight, and again if sometimes missing that DoT tick is viable?

Also, I should be keeping radiant spores up always correct no matter what build I use? I feel like it does a fair amount of healing especially when the raid dps is high.
    Last edited by BearJew22; 06-29-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Soulwalker

I was thinking about making a VS/Ruin macro just to clear up my action bar so that I could either cast VS or VL...and use Ruin when on the move. Right now I don't use many macros for my chloro except for Wild Growth just to let the raid know that the debuff is up. Are there any other macros you feel might help?

Quote Originally Posted by BearJew22 View Post
    Thank you bluedot :-) So when you say hybrid are you saying that using LGV with 36/30 chloro/lock would be the way to go if it is solely an AE fight, and again if sometimes missing that DoT tick is viable?

Also, I should be keeping radiant spores up always correct no matter what build I use? I feel like it does a fair amount of healing especially when the raid dps is high.
    Yeah Hybrid 36/30 or some similar variation. I have only done napkin math with the DoT tick, but it makes up a decent chunk of healing from Vile Spores (only the first tick heals).

Radiant Spores accounts for a lot of healing, but it doesn't stack. If you have multiple Chloros organize who is putting it up so you are not wasting GCDs. If you are a Hybrid spec don't take Photogenises if another Chloro has it already.

+ Reply to Thread