+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro melee pet's and missing bosses

Default Necro melee pet's and missing bosses

Hi everyone, I am my guilds mage class lead and have been attempting to troubleshoot the dps drop i see from necro pets vs raid bosses (and even t2 bosses).

When checking the parsers I notice that the pets miss a lot on these bosses. However, on the test dummies they do not, causing them to parse quite a bit higher. Since these specs revolve around our pets doing a significant portion of our dps, ranging from 1/3 to 2/3 of our dps, any missed hit is a major dps loss.

Has anyone else noticed this / found a work around for it? i've been troubling over this so that I can help our mages be the best they can be and improve my own dps while i'm at it.

Thank you in advance for any advice / insight about this issue.
    "Men have before hired bravos to transact their crimes, while their own person and reputation sat under shelter. I was the first that ever did so for his pleasures. I was the first taht could thus plod in the public eye with a load of genial respectability, and in a moment, like a schoolboy, strip off these lendings and spring headlong into the sea of liberty." - Henry Jekyll

Quote Originally Posted by Miisoo View Post
    Hi everyone, I am my guilds mage class lead and have been attempting to troubleshoot the dps drop i see from necro pets vs raid bosses (and even t2 bosses).

When checking the parsers I notice that the pets miss a lot on these bosses. However, on the test dummies they do not, causing them to parse quite a bit higher. Since these specs revolve around our pets doing a significant portion of our dps, ranging from 1/3 to 2/3 of our dps, any missed hit is a major dps loss.

Has anyone else noticed this / found a work around for it? i've been troubling over this so that I can help our mages be the best they can be and improve my own dps while i'm at it.

Thank you in advance for any advice / insight about this issue.
    Forgot to mention that i'm talking about when the mage is at focus cap for the raid.
    "Men have before hired bravos to transact their crimes, while their own person and reputation sat under shelter. I was the first that ever did so for his pleasures. I was the first taht could thus plod in the public eye with a load of genial respectability, and in a moment, like a schoolboy, strip off these lendings and spring headlong into the sea of liberty." - Henry Jekyll

Champion

I have no idea personally, but it could be when they're swinging from the front of the mob if the mob is being moved around or the pet is changing targets.

Nah, I noticed the same aswell. As far as I can tell pets keep on attacking the target you told them to attack until the pet dies. If a boss goes immune it will keep attacking, thus missing attacks.
    In the ACT it will be shown as 'swings 10' and 'hits 9' because that attack in the boss' shield didn't hit.

Pets gain hit from the Mage their focus, mine never misses and neither can yours ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eraven View Post
    Nah, I noticed the same aswell. As far as I can tell pets keep on attacking the target you told them to attack until the pet dies. If a boss goes immune it will keep attacking, thus missing attacks.
    In the ACT it will be shown as 'swings 10' and 'hits 9' because that attack in the boss' shield didn't hit.

Pets gain hit from the Mage their focus, mine never misses and neither can yours ;-)
    I thought this was the case, but I check my logs for a few bosses in expert DSM (the rock elemental, gatekeeper and Dichrom) who do not have immune phases, yet they still have a fair amount of misses.

+ Reply to Thread