+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: failed builds (PvP only)

Sword of Telara

Default failed builds (PvP only)

this topic, is for the failed builds, especaily why they failed.
    let me start with the first build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...zo.xx0Vzqqdo.h

looks good, powerfull, good amount of CC.
    yet it fails horable.

1.to complex to play (even if you simplefied Warlock)
    2.can't macro hailstorm/Lightling storm.
    3.can't use the Warlock Ability's to full potention, not enough time to cast DoTs/and use main nukes.
    4.it lacks Burst on demand, even if you use hailstorm+dark Touch+Rageing storm you will not be enable to down a cleric or warrior.

post your disapointment.

I have a friend (rank 6) that primarily uses a SC/Lock spec and he wrecks people upside and down.

Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

Telaran

Im afraid failed with my stormcaller (SC:34 - DOMI:32 - AM:0)

I had some very good moments with this build. but the problem there is I got nothing to do when one of those melee monsters see me. the only way to get away from them is to polymorph them but that mostly fails because of the aoe spells going all around. So most of the time I got killed by a warrior who hits me for 2.000+ crits with instant cast swings while I am barely hitting 2.000 crits with my long cast stuff.

The other problem is that as a stormcaller I got millions of knockbacks I got an instant cast polymorph spell,
    I got the confusion thing, I got storm shackle, I got freezes, I got snares. When I read this, I cant believe that I have been killed by melee characters. but on the battlefield the only thing works is my icicle which has a casting time lasts more then my life when countering a melee class. I cant knockback anyone. I cant stun, freeze. Because they are immune all the time even I didnt stunned, kbed them. and this is where I piss off my class and want to quit this game...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post

yet it fails horable.

3.can't use the Warlock Ability's to full potention, not enough time to cast DoTs/and use main nukes.
    4.it lacks Burst on demand, even if you use hailstorm+dark Touch+Rageing storm you will not be enable to down a cleric or warrior.

post your disapointment.
    this build looks horrible. your point choices are very strange. also, how do you chose 31 points for SC instead of 32 with static discharge?!?!

try this build instead if you are < rank 4. consider dropping 2 points out of spell crit for draining bolt & dark fury.. it may be worth it.

tips :
    - use almost 0 warlock spells beyond buffs. concentrate on stormcaller spells.
    - hug & protect your healers.
    - don't let guys with big swords cut your nuts off. kite away with ride the wind.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bippo View Post
    I cant knockback anyone. I cant stun, freeze. Because they are immune all the time even I didnt stunned, kbed them. and this is where I piss off my class and want to quit this game...
    that's right. there are two things that work with stormcallers:

1.) ride the wind.. use it, love it
    2.) hastened withdrawel (AM). pray it procs.
    3.) (doesn't usually work) raging storm [ROOT]. it puts 3 stacks of electrified on the one trying to kill you. get those on, then kite away & instant smash him with ice shear+cloudburst/lightning field.

other than that.. make sure they are hitting someone else. let someone else be brave. you are ranged support. your weakness is melee. protect your healers and support the brave ones.
    Last edited by ururu; 06-29-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Prophet of Telara

yet it fails horable.

post your disapointment.
    I`m with DreadShinobi on this one. I`ve been using 31 SC / 31 Lock / 4 AM for two months and It`s great. Ofc it`s complex, can`t macro anything but It`s soooo powerfull. I almost always in top 3 in dmg done KB with this build and very very often as no 1. If your enemies are ignoring you for some reason you can destroy whole party in a very short time.
    I only use SC spells, warlock is only for Neddra`s Essence, Shadow Life, passives and oportunity.

I had some very good moments with this build. but the problem there is I got nothing to do when one of those melee monsters see me. the only way to get away from them is to polymorph them but that mostly fails because of the aoe spells going all around. So most of the time I got killed by a warrior who hits me for 2.000+ crits with instant cast swings while I am barely hitting 2.000 crits with my long cast stuff.
    Use Transference and Traitorous Influence.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I`m with DreadShinobi on this one. I`ve been using 31 SC / 31 Lock / 4 AM for two months and It`s great. Ofc it`s complex, can`t macro anything but It`s soooo powerfull. I almost always in top 3 in dmg done KB with this build and very very often as no 1. If your enemies are ignoring you for some reason you can destroy whole party in a very short time.
    I only use SC spells, warlock is only for Neddra`s Essence, Shadow Life, passives and oportunity.
    Yet another person that gets 31 stormcaller instead of 32? ........... fail builds is appropriate.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    Yet another person that gets 31 stormcaller instead of 32? ........... fail builds is appropriate.
    I prefer 3% dmg increase to 2 min cd skill that shares cd with other SCs.

Also your build isn`t great either - you take warlock soul and do not take Neddra`s Essence and Shadow Life ? What`s the point of taking lock then ? Dmg passives ? You should have taken Elementalist - it`s better for that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I prefer 3% dmg increase to 2 min cd skill that shares cd with other SCs.

Also your build isn`t great either - you take warlock soul and do not take Neddra`s Essence and Shadow Life ? What`s the point of taking lock then ? Dmg passives ? You should have taken Elementalist - it`s better for that.
    'My' build is much better than the one listed. It fixes the terrible Stormcaller point allocations from the author. It's not my preference to have 31/31/4. Personally, I will always take 15 in archmage for every pvp spec.

In my most recent stormcaller spec (1.2) I went 32 storm, 18 archmage (overload & hastened), 16 warlock. Not sure what I'd do in 1.3 for an SC spec... forked lightning nerf sucks. Go dominator or necro lock.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadShinobi View Post
    I have a friend (rank 6) *blablabla* and he wrecks people upside and down.
    size for emphasis.
    Last edited by NÓridhrien; 06-29-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    ~Mjollnir - Dwarf Mage
    ~ NÓridhrien - High Elf Ranger (in your warfronts, hiding from warriors)

Knowledge and sorrow oft walk hand-in-hand.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post

In my most recent stormcaller spec (1.2) I went 32 storm, 18 archmage (overload & hastened), 16 warlock. Not sure what I'd do in 1.3 for an SC spec... forked lightning nerf sucks. Go dominator or necro lock.
    I play SC/Dom now. Less dmg but much more fun and more deadly. Plus it`s much better vs rogues and warriors than sc/lock.

Plane Walker

Default ahh yes, my glorious Necro/storm/chloro

My baby the Channeler.....electrocute,raging,reclamation,soulp urge

17-20sec stream of pain with roots, and 2 aoe spells(grave/hailstorm) that can be cast and have no need to maintain(cast and Run)

movement reduction,freezes, roots, healing, aoe, and direct target continuous dmg

Not one thing powerful enough to scare anyone......light healing didn't help focus fire from all the channels showing them exactly wear I was....LOS and quick stuns...kill the channels

Sword of Telara

not that strange to take 32, warlock over 32 stormcaller.
    Silence is the best skill ever, with proper timeing a single silence can waste a cleric.

Ascendant

not that strange to take 32, warlock over 32 stormcaller.
    Silence is the best skill ever, with proper timeing a single silence can waste a cleric.
    Oh I agree.

But they took 31 in both <facepalm>.

Sword of Telara

The other problem is that as a stormcaller I got millions of knockbacks I got an instant cast polymorph spell,
    I got the confusion thing, I got storm shackle, I got freezes, I got snares. When I read this, I cant believe that I have been killed by melee characters. but on the battlefield the only thing works is my icicle which has a casting time lasts more then my life when countering a melee class. I cant knockback anyone. I cant stun, freeze. Because they are immune all the time even I didnt stunned, kbed them. and this is where I piss off my class and want to quit this game...
    given your problem, some thoughts.
    i came up with this, for kicks. think i gonna try it my self also.
    R4 variation
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...o.xbzcu0c.xx0M

R5 Variation
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...z0u0c.xx0M0c0M

Idea is simple.
    Pyro for Suport.
    Main Inferno, Burning Bonds, Flame Bolt.

SC, main soul.
    AoE, Suport.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast