+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good bye Chloro ... and THANK YOU TRION

Telaran

Default Good bye Chloro ... and THANK YOU TRION

If I wanted to be a healer, I would be a cleric. Thank you TRION for making me DPS more and heal less. I dont want to heal. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, I dont mind support healer and spot healer... and chloro is good for that! In the end, make mages DPS more and I will be even happier.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Boydsan View Post
    If I wanted to be a healer, I would be a cleric. Thank you TRION for making me DPS more and heal less. I dont want to heal. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, I dont mind support healer and spot healer... and chloro is good for that! In the end, make mages DPS more and I will be even happier.
    In what world were you living in that Chloros were ever only support / spot healers?

Play a DPS mage and ****.
    4/4 DH | 4/4 GP | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS 3.5/10 HK

Soulwalker

Have to agree that mages should have next to no healing skills. Exception would be necro and they based off of lifetaps. This every class can do everything bs is kinda kiddietoons.

Stick to the basics.

Warriors tank... its what they do.
    They take the hits and protect the dps'ers
    Clerics. They freggin heal
    rogues. Sneaky bastard dps'ets
    mages. Squishy people who can't take a hit and pray the warrior can get the mob off them and that the rogues stop laughing long enough to get the cleric to start healing...

Oh ya.. warriors get to wear the cool shiny armour and the mages secretly wish the underwear try wear was 1/2 as cool

A preemptive strike on the 'troll alert' people. Just because I don't have much to say discredits my opinions. I have played all 4 classes to 50 and 3 tradeskills to 300.

I love my necro-lock!

If you dont want to heal..why do you have an opinion on Chloros at all..its like a tank warrior complaining about dps warriors boost.
    We have 3 classes that can tank..4 classes that can dps..ofc we need to have 2 viable healclasses aswell.
    Alot of people giving feedback about chloros did actually roll mage to heal and not dps.
    And fyi the dps in chloromancer suffered a solid nerf aswell,so all in all your post makes zero sense.

Rift Disciple

Actually you can have a nice tradeoff between heal/dps as cloro. With the 51 cloro spec while absolute best amount of HPS is going to be NT -> VL 3 ticks -> VL 2 ticks -> NT. That will result in a lot of overhealing and crap dps. If you use vile spores and ruin (JUST ONCE no clipping of dots) your dps will be higher, if you have another free global when the tank doesn't need a heal you can use Nature's Fury which hits like a truck but does reduced healing.

But hey there were guys that macroed NT/Ruin/VS before and ended up casting NT right before breath on herald and tank died as result so bad cloros will be bad cloros ... nothing you can do about that. Good cloros can heal pretty much just as they did before and have a bit higher dps... but that comes with reactive play, not with a "rotation" or a macro spam
    Last edited by ilialilov; 06-28-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Telaran

Lets face it. If people did actually roll a healer class, why pick a traditional DPS class like a mage?

I will admit, before the patch - I was forced to primary heal. In fact, I would be told by groups and my guild to heal when i would much rather DPS. I did enjoy the healing on chloro better than a cleric, though.

Rift Chaser

Week before the patch, 2250 HPS on plut, week after the patch 980 HPS on plut, for me, but we really cant complain....the Clerics are still sitting at 800HPS :P

Rift Chaser

Lets face it. If people did actually roll a healer class, why pick a traditional DPS class like a mage?

I will admit, before the patch - I was forced to primary heal. In fact, I would be told by groups and my guild to heal when i would much rather DPS. I did enjoy the healing on chloro better than a cleric, though.
    Not that I agree that Chloro is dead and gone. But your missing a point and that is that most mages rolled them, yes to dps. But then decided to try the heal "support" specc when Clerics couldnt solo heal dungeons and quickly realized we were better healers than them, and we get to do a dps rotation to do it!! So we canceled our WOW sub and gave this company Trion hundreds of dollars to continue with our newfound favorite mmo class ever. Thats the important point there that make your ramblings unimportant.
    Last edited by Combustion; 06-29-2011 at 03:08 PM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by chandalen View Post
    Have to agree that mages should have next to no healing skills. Exception would be necro and they based off of lifetaps. This every class can do everything bs is kinda kiddietoons.

Stick to the basics.

Warriors tank... They take the hits and protect the dps'ers/and freggin dps better than most in pve!
    Clerics. They freggin heal/they freggin tank/they freggin dps/ they freggin do suppot!
    rogues. Sneaky bastard dps'ers/ they freggin tank/ they freggin play support/ they freggin great at ranged!
    mages. Squishy people who can't take a hit and can't do a hit more than the rest of the classes!

I love my necro-lock! I can't wait till I am 50 to see how they are in raids!
    Edited your post to make it more realistic!

+ Reply to Thread