+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prince Hylas: Archon Questions

Telaran

Default Prince Hylas: Archon Questions

My guild will be doing Prince Hylas tonight and I was wondering if some of my fellow Archons out yonder can give me any tricks of the trade.

What I know already:
    - Wanning Power/Power Drain during Soul Fracture
    - Shield myself
    - Used Healing flames, but not sure if its worth a damn.

Anything else to add for a humble mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnita View Post
    My guild will be doing Prince Hylas tonight and I was wondering if some of my fellow Archons out yonder can give me any tricks of the trade.

What I know already:
    - Wanning Power/Power Drain during Soul Fracture
    - Shield myself
    - Used Healing flames, but not sure if its worth a damn.

Anything else to add for a humble mage?
    I personally like to set hylas to my focus, so I can always see what he's casting, helps keep an eye out for fracture, and you can set a macro to cast soul drain on your focus for quick/easy targeting.

Plane Touched

OP you got all the points more or less... just one reminder, do NOT wait for SF to be casted... Activate PD when Cottontail Polymorph is casted...

...If it's the 1st time there it's easy that you are catched by other person been poly... And sooner or later you will be the one targeted by it...

...PD needs to be up doesn't matter the cost... For as long as you keep 30 charge by the time Poly is casted, PD will remain active during SF casting (To conserve charge you can deactivate PD at the very moment SF casting bar dissapears... The initial impact and the DoT will already be reduced by 10%).

Ah yeah... forgot... Flaring Power... Do not listen to DPS requests... Use it when Oracle Aleria is up, as that's the critical moment of the fight. Also, unless your Guild is totally outgearing GSB... Usually the 5m mark of the debuff will dissapear when you are actually travelling polied to break Hylas Shield... Meaning you can trigger a 2nd FP exactly when you need it most (ATM Hylas is bugged... but when they fix it, you will be needing again this if your Guild is new to GSB).
    Last edited by Khumoth; 06-28-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Soulwalker

All the important points have been made. The only other thing I can think of is to watch your HP, since, by default, you will have the lowest raid buffed HP. When I first started killing prince, I had something like 4400 HP before searing and I would sometimes get 2shot by a powerdrained soul fracture + the first tic of the dot. I had to go lock for the extra HP till everyone knew the prince fight well.

Telaran

Thanks for the great info.

Going Lock may be smart for this fight as well - will probably re-spec. Currently 51 Archon, 13 Dom, 2 Pyro.

You can get some decent buffs etc for dom.. (always feel obligated to justify that LOL)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Amnita View Post
    Thanks for the great info.

Going Lock may be smart for this fight as well - will probably re-spec. Currently 51 Archon, 13 Dom, 2 Pyro.

You can get some decent buffs etc for dom.. (always feel obligated to justify that LOL)
    Don't go lock, opportunity messes you up and you lose fast casting from pyro.

Go 10 Ele for -10% damage received (and 5% crit), and 5 pyro for fast casting.

Try and get some Life resist in your planar focus.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 06-29-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Khumoth View Post
    OP you got all the points more or less... just one reminder, do NOT wait for SF to be casted... Activate PD when Cottontail Polymorph is casted...
    Quick tips:

I use an 11 pyro spec for the shield from the GoP, as well as for flicker, although I've blinked into hylas during his whirlwind, so be careful, but it's very useful.

And I quoted the above for truth, and also to add that if you cast Power Drain while he is casting cottontail, if you get turned into a bunny, the power drain will still be active on the boss.

You'll get the pattern eventually, it ends up being pretty easy once you have the pattern down, but there is a definite rhythm to it you'll need to get accustomed to.

+ Reply to Thread