+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help vs. Marksman/Deadeye shot

AAA
    Telaran

Question Looking for help vs. Marksman/Deadeye shot

I seem to be regularly critted with deadeye shot for about 2.2k. With a Rogue's Global Cool Down of only 1 second, instead of 1.5. I seem to die in about 4-5 seconds of game time. Last night it was pew, pew, dead.

I wanted to see if any 50 mage also have a 50 rogue and are familiar with a counter? Is accelerated decay a good option, can the combo points be cleansed with deny or something else?

If I am not chlorolock then I struggle in this arena... I don't run a full valor set, but am P3 atm. Would a significant bump in Valor reduce the dmg significantly?

Please don't make me ask this in the Rogue community .

Thank you,

Phone, aka Phoneguy, aka Aone
    Briarcliff Defiant

lgw

1) Defensiv: Valor gear > defensive CDs (detaunt, WL, ...) > endu gear > heals (yourself or ally)
    2) Offensiv: Dominator > nuke him first > kill by surival

Improved Hit n Run + Magic Immu ? Try LOSing him or pray... It's pretty much our anti-spec.

Ascendant

Combo points can't be cleansed. Best bet is definitely to LoS / run away / blow whatever CD's you have because their burst after that 15 seconds goes waaaaay down.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Dominator or Chloro-Lock for Rogue-heavy WF's.

There's no point in using your squishy healing Role if you're not doing any healing because Rogues are focusing you. Make them NOT want to focus you by stealing all their energy and using it for nomnom cake.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Sez

Change your wardrobe. If you are wearing a dress currently, you are the main target.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Ascendant

Also, don't dye it green/whiteish. Healers seem to love those color clothes and big signs on their head that say kill me.

Rift Chaser

i remember playing Aion and clothies versus leather wearers was a battle of who can dps faster. In this game it suuuuhhhhhhhhxxxxx ... clothies take to long to get to the point where they can burst and leather wearers can literally stun you to death. At least in Aion mages had the ability to one shot every 1 hour something with their huge skill. This game has nerfed our burst and drawn out dps into the ground. Im sure they will try to fix it in the next big patch. This game is skewed badly in 1v1 PvP away from mages now though.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Ascendant

Leather > Cloth > Plate > Leather

Chain > Cloth, Leather, Plate

Paper-rock-scissors-wtfclerics

Plane Walker

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Change your wardrobe. If you are wearing a dress currently, you are the main target.
    other sides usually leave me alone, they think I'm a warrior who is rooted or lagging behind

Bahmi, so bigger, might help......I kept buying low level armor for wardrobe slots and dying colors, mix match until desired effect

equip a sword(w/Spell power), and a better totem than a book(have a crystal heart on my mage).....and they think you are a warrior/rogue...insta casts/dominator...by the time the figure it out....near death.

Got a Epic event hat yesterday, might post a pic later tonight......I look like a pirate now.

Am I the only one who finds it a bit ridiculous that the only advice we can offer each other on how to not die to rogues is: "Make it look like you're not a mage. Pretend to be a warrior or a rogue."? Seriously is that what we've been reduced to at this point?

Plane Walker

Default what?

Quote Originally Posted by Phated View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it a bit ridiculous that the only advice we can offer each other on how to not die to rogues is: "Make it look like you're not a mage. Pretend to be a warrior or a rogue."? Seriously is that what we've been reduced to at this point?
    well it works

these are two mages

http://i53.tinypic.com/5zh3kj.jpg

who gets targeted first?

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    well it works

these are two mages

http://i53.tinypic.com/5zh3kj.jpg

who gets targeted first?
    You completely miss the point. Rogues used to run screaming in the opposite direction when they ran into a decent mage, now the best we can do is try to hide the fact that we're a mage and pray they don't notice us? I think this may be the most depressing thing I've read this patch, and that's saying a lot.

Plane Walker

Default yeah, yeah

You completely miss the point. Rogues used to run screaming in the opposite direction when they ran into a decent mage, now the best we can do is try to hide the fact that we're a mage and pray they don't notice us? I think this may be the most depressing thing I've read this patch, and that's saying a lot.
    but as a r2...doesn't really matter the spec..r5-6 gonna toast his butt

his personal survivability will be increased in disguise..until he level enough to build some valor and get better SP/SC

that's what to which i was referring

Rift Disciple

In my point of view mages after 1.3 are much harder to kill, yes, their damage went down but I can see many mages tank multiple rogues, have a very good healing spells.

1 thing you need to know is that if a rogue has a Improved hit and run which is a buff for 15 seconds, you need to GET THE **** AWAY! 15 seconds run away/los, or pop some defensive cooldowns. Improved Hit and Run is the only way a Rogue can burst and it's on a 1:24 seconds cooldown.
    I don't play mage, but I have seen mages cast a shield, that reduces damage greatly. Pop that when you see rogues with Improved Hit and Run.
    Also 1 thing you can do is simply polymorph (sorry I don't know the skill) the rogue when he pops Improved hit and run. and that will last about 5 seconds? That's already a -5 seconds of burst.

It's that simple, if you pay attention to the rogue that's hitting you,
    if you don't know who's hitting you/damaging you, then you are going to lose.

I find it more effective to just have a Dominator spec handy. Makes them really mad, which results in me getting gibbed faster, but they start to slip away from objectives.

For the hilarity that is watching Traitorous Influence, Storm Shackle and Incompetence placed on perfect targets, I'm OK with being the punching bag, since I'm the one making all teh pretty numbers.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-28-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast