+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mages: Its time we fight to get our CC back.

Default Mages: Its time we fight to get our CC back.

1.2 took CC away from rift and gave everyone Immunity.

1.3 took dmg away from mages. The class that has to stand still and cast 3 sec spells has the most pathetic burst in the game.

Rogues and warriors can move around while dealing great amounts of dmg. Try stopping them with a root, snare or knockback. It wont work. You will see: IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE

Trion will not fix this unless you are vocal. Remember all the ones that wanted Pyro nerfed? Well now here is your chance to bring CC back to the mage class. Let trion know what a blunder 1.2 was.

For Rift pvp to be successful there needs to be proper CC. You can be bias all you want. We all know rogues and warriors love 1.2, but lets be honest. Dont you want a good game? Rift will never be a good game and competitor in pvp with its 1.2 CC system. A new and better pvp game will come out and that will be it for Rift.

Rift still has time before Star Wards and GW2 to fix their 1.2 CC blunder. Lets help show them how!

The thing that really bothers me about the lack of common sense about the 1.2 CC blunder is that they keep trying to balance PvP around a broken CC mechanic. Why not fix the CC mechanic and then balance PvP? That way you wont have to do it twice? But no. Trion continues to let this mechanic destroy any real hopes of having good, strategic pvp.

A warrior and Rogue is 100% immune to snares/roots in Rift. On my rogue I love 1.2 CC changes. Im sure a lot of other melee characters do as well. But let me explain something to you. Rift combines 3 souls for a class. If you choose 3 souls and leave out a ranged ability, you 100% deserve to be kited. If you cant find a ranged ability to throw in with your spec to keep from getting kited you are bad. Why trion caters to these people I will never understand. It was around level 25 on my rogue I started to realize that i needed some ranged abilities or some tools to close the gap when im rooted/snares.

Let me explain to you why this CC system will NEVER work in Rift:

1. You cant put CC into 2 groups, with 2 chances to be CCed before immunity in a game with 1000 CC breaks. Break free + Random class CC remover = 100% immunity. Thank you borked CC system!

2. Roots, snares, and knockbacks NEVER NEED TO BE ON DR. Who ever thought of this idea has no common sense, i know this because they then decided they needed to be in the same DR category which is beyond dumb. Do you know how many AoE snares and roots there are in this game!? One person uses 1 snare aoe and everyone is immune to roots, knockbacks, and snares. Classic fail by Trion Developers.

3. How CC should work:

They need to be grouped separate. Every CC needs its own DR, no grouping. If your going to have a DR system, at least do it right. You can not group CC's into the same category as it will make other spells and CC's completely useless. For example look at your game as is.

Then you need to change the DR system. Rifts Break free + random class ability break free means that 2 DR's then immunity is moronic. You need to increase it to 3.

First CC 7 sec
    Second CC 5 sec
    Third CC 3 sec
    4th Immune.

Thats how CC should work in an MMO. There also needs to be a clear way to tell if someone is immune to a CC. Thats one of the biggest problems about 1.2. You cant tell when someone is immune and you end up wasting a root that you spend 4 talent points on that has a 1 min cooldown. That can pretty much mean life and death in pvp and right now NO ONE DEPENDS ON CC's TO LIVE IN PVP. IF YOU DO YOU DIE.

The alternative is to simply go through the hundreds of abilities/spells you made useless with 1.2 and change all the effects to work differently in pvp. Which is a lot of work, when you could just fix the 1.2 CC blunder and get it over with.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

No, I want my damage back. I don't play a mage to be a control/CC bot. **** that. We have one soul for that, the others all need to be useful and some of em need to compete for top DPS.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Sez

Dominators

/thread
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

First off, Dominators are BOSS right now.

Second, The game is more balance now than I have ever seen it. Could it still use some work? Sure. But I am having more fun in WFs now than I ever have. Of course, I really never liked being a Pyro turret, so that nerf didn't bother me much.

Dot's are finally decent now. Mine hit from 150-350 crits, and in my current spec I have 5 of them. Add to that a stun, silence, root, fear, and some decent DD spells, and I do fairly well. Do clerics still **** me? Sure, but they need a nerf.

Everyone on the forums should figure out what they need to do to win now instead of QQing all over the place.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    First off, Dominators are BOSS right now.

Second, The game is more balance now than I have ever seen it. Could it still use some work? Sure. But I am having more fun in WFs now than I ever have. Of course, I really never liked being a Pyro turret, so that nerf didn't bother me much.

Dot's are finally decent now. Mine hit from 150-350 crits, and in my current spec I have 5 of them. Add to that a stun, silence, root, fear, and some decent DD spells, and I do fairly well. Do clerics still **** me? Sure, but they need a nerf.

Everyone on the forums should figure out what they need to do to win now instead of QQing all over the place.

I see your point, Dont know about you but most of the time when PPL cry for a nerf its cause they are getting pwned by one class... when really its a rock paper scissors method.

Soulwalker

I dont mind finding out what i have to do to win, but i am tired of doing it every other week with every new patch that pisses mages off. Hence i have closed my account. Enjoy your broke *** game.

Haters ganna Hate ;p Sez Below is right
    Last edited by Dominion85; 06-28-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Coxlamb View Post
    I dont mind finding out what i have to do to win, but i am tired of doing it every other week with every new patch that pisses mages off. Hence i have closed my account. Enjoy your broke *** game.
    Wait what? Content patches don't come every two weeks...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I am fine with CC in it's current state. (I could not stand not being able to control my character.)

However, the Mage class does need their burst back.

Let me repeat that last sentence, because it is very important.

MAGES NEED THEIR BURST BACK!

Just sayin'

BURST, BACK, mages need it

I'm going to BURST just thinking about how much Mages need to be able to do BURST damage.

Telaran

To preface, I have played a CC class in every game where CC is possible. I love nothing better than making an enemy stand there drooling and checking his belly button for lint while he waits his turn for a butt-kicking.

That said, you are dreaming if you think you will get CC "back" in PvP. It is not because it is not a valid argument that mages are vulnerable and CC is the counter to that. It is not that it is not reasonable to argue that other classes have advantages that were not nerfed when CC was taken away or that CC was essentially nullified without being given something in return. However, there is a trump card you will never overcome: CC takes away control over a player's character, and people do not like having their control taken away from them.

Thus, it does not matter that it is a perfectly valid strategy in PvE to chain CC a mob or multiple mobs until you can get to it/them. Fortunately, mobs don't have a union strong enough to get concessions in regard to PvE. This is largely due to the fact that they do not pay subscription fees. Unfortunately, players do have a loud voice and they do pay subscriptions, and nothing frustrates the average player more than sitting around helplessly while waiting for a bunch of other players to come over and kill him.

Thus, the problem is not your arguments. The problem is that it will just never fly to have viable CC in any PvP game for very long. CC will always be nerfed in PvP, CC classes will always complain, and other classes will always respond with QQ more. It is as inevitable as the next game being touted as the next [insert game here] killer.

Soulwalker

i hate 1.3 for it really messed mages up and mages do need there damage back.

I thought that was the trade off no armor for high dps but no i guess not. before 1.3 i had a chance 1v1 in the wilderness questing and such and now after 1.3 i havent survived one fight mages are just free favor now.

Shadowlander

Default Sad raid DPS

Mages are truly a broken class. Every since MMORG came out, it is widely known that Mages give up armor (protection) and have other restrictions placed on the class to be able to out damage other classes in the game.

For example: I just left Greenscale, and out of disgust I had to comment on this topic. The reason being, Mages were getting replaced in the zone by rogues because they could not put out enough DPS. How is that balanced/fair? We ran a damage parser and the top of the parser was nothing but the Rogues while in the middle of the parsers was the supposedly damage class of Mages, followed by some tanks and support classes.

And yes, I do know one of the problem in Greenscale is constant movement on some fights. However, we had a rogue brag about how he died with 2 minutes left in the fight and still out damaged us. Movement should not cause that much of a disparity in the damage done to mobs. It also strenghtens the arguement that if we have to stand still and be immobile to cast damage, we should have the fastest hardest hitting spells in the game to make up for this.

Im not asking for other classes to be nerfed, but the Mage class needs to be looked at for balancing issues.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I am fine with CC in it's current state. (I could not stand not being able to control my character.)
    What coincidence. I can not stand not being able to control your character too!
    I'm so BORED

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    What coincidence. I can not stand not being able to control your character too!

Leh sigh...I don't even know what to say to this thread, but aux hit it pretty well.
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

Shadowlander

So please tell me why in the hell all the (Class Balances)nerfs are because of crybaby PVPers?

What about the PVEers? We have to suffer because some cry baby cant kill some other player?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast