Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chloro Frustrations....

Soulwalker

Default Chloro Frustrations....

Unbuffed stats:
    905 SP
    585 Crit
    205 focus

Prior to 1.3, I could heal most T2's without support; granted some bosses I needed help from a bard or w/e but that was fine.

Just ran CC, and even with support for the whole run I struggled to keep the tank and group up. We wiped on Caelia 4 times before the Archon went full Chloro, and even with TWO full Chloros we struggled.

The saddest part is, we're pigeon holed into this new 51pt Chloro spec that is clunky at best. Two veils? Swapping between finding a target to DPS for heals and the group to actually heal? And why are all our primary abilities on a cooldown? I was doing better HPS just spamming Void Life than I was actually trying to use all my abilities. For viewing ease, here's a simplified list of what sucks and what works:

What Works (I use the word *works* loosely):
    -----------------
    Void Life - This works almost to a fault, because most of our other abilities are so broken that this becomes the choice for a spam fest. Not fun.
    Natural Splendor - Decent ability, well balanced CD based *oh crap* button.
    Essence Surge - Same, a balanced CD based *oh crap* button.
    Wild Growth - Noticing a pattern? Another decent ability...on cooldown...
    Natures Fury - Another ok ability..with a cooldown..

What Sucks:
    --------------
    LBV/LGV - Clunky. Either we can keep a tank up, or the dps?
    Vile Spores: Insignificant heals/Damage, zero reason to use it with Void Life around.
    Withering Vine: Insignificant heals/Damage, zero reason to use it with Void Life around.
    Natural Healing: Clunky. 2.5 second cast, and is so counter to everything a Chloro should be.
    Bloom: Really? Another base ability with a cooldown? 10 sec?
    Flourish: Hey let's put everything on a cooldown, that's fun right?

I don't understand why the healing model was changed at all, we liked the play style, and it worked. If our numbers were to high then just adjust the damn numbers. We didn't need this revamp.

I dont understand why. I am not a chloro at heart as i dpssing more then healing. I did not like chloro before 1.3, now however i love it. I also did Cc last nigth and single handed healed the whole run... no issues at all. Am geared simular to you. Having said that you do have to be on your toes, i have raided as a main spec healer in other games so maybe thats why i like chloro as it is now.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isacintha View Post
    I dont understand why. I am not a chloro at heart as i dpssing more then healing. I did not like chloro before 1.3, now however i love it. I also did Cc last nigth and single handed healed the whole run... no issues at all. Am geared simular to you. Having said that you do have to be on your toes, i have raided as a main spec healer in other games so maybe thats why i like chloro as it is now.
    I healed end game and Heroic content in WoW, I know how to heal. The issue isn't with me, I'm doing everything right. I have the gear, and the ability to play well. The spec is ridiculous, clunky and broken which It wasn't prior to 1.3.

Telaran

Just spam natural healing. Seriously it's that easy.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stryik View Post
    I healed end game and Heroic content in WoW, I know how to heal. The issue isn't with me, I'm doing everything right. I have the gear, and the ability to play well. The spec is ridiculous, clunky and broken which It wasn't prior to 1.3.
    We'll if you are having issues and someone posted that they solo healed the whole dungeon, then maybe you are doing something wrong. Healing in WoW means nothing unless you are playing WoW.

You may want to put your ego aside and ask the other poster how he/she was able to heal CC. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Lukee; 06-28-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Shield of Telara

I've had the same experiences before and after 1.3. Granted, before 1.3 NT was bugged in our favor and Synthesis might have been a tad too much.

I see what they're trying to do with the class but they just took it too far. They really could have just fixed NT and lowered Synthesis bonus a tad and it would have brought things in line about as perfect as you could get it. No more easily keeping the tank up or healing the group with large heals via broke Nature's Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumuji View Post
    I've had the same experiences before and after 1.3. Granted, before 1.3 NT was bugged in our favor and Synthesis might have been a tad too much.

How was it bugged? And considering that we now have to choose between main or group heals, pre-1.3 Synthesis was just fine.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zarokima View Post
    How was it bugged? And considering that we now have to choose between main or group heals, pre-1.3 Synthesis was just fine.
    It was doing double healing or something I don't immediately recall. Regardless you could heal the entire group plus the MT pretty easily with just NT and VS filler while it was cooling down. That incluses fights where the whole group was taking damage at the same time.

Synthesis was lowered quite a bit in 1.3 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumuji View Post
    It was doing double healing or something I don't immediately recall. Regardless you could heal the entire group plus the MT pretty easily with just NT and VS filler while it was cooling down. That incluses fights where the whole group was taking damage at the same time.

Synthesis was lowered quite a bit in 1.3 as well.
    No it wasn't bugged and the bug in question was a very rare scenario that was pretty much not exploitable at all. NT wasn't reduced at all post the fix because people weren't actually using the bug in question.

a short summary of changes in 1.3:
    NT reduced from 40% to 35% coefficient and a minor drop in base damage
    Flourish dropped from 40% to 32%, base healing dropped
    Bloom's base was increased sharply
    Synthesis dropped from 150%(225%) to 100%(160%)
    Tank healing base coefficient dropped from 80% (LGV on 1.2) to 60% (LBV at 51)
    Last edited by wallweasels; 06-28-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Soulwalker

I have a little worse stats than you SP - 860 SC - 518 Focus - 199 and I was able to solo heal all of CC with 4 rogues except the last boss which we had a bard for. It is more difficult to heal now, but before I was able to easily heal the tank, group, and buff myself with archon with time to spare. I think the new changes have made chloro more distinct between a support healer (probably only need 16 in it) or a main healer (51 chloro). Before 1.3 there were many discussions that the upper 44 and 51 root abilities didn't grant you enough benefit to spec into the tree after 30 something. Now both are considered needed for main healing. I personally don't see a problem with the new changes.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stryik View Post
    I'm not entirely sure you are doing everything right. Pre-1.3, I hated solo-healing CC. I never felt like I had enough tools at my disposal. Yesterday I ran CC as a solo-Chloro healer, with an unfamiliar tank (pug group) and experienced no issues healing the tank and the rest of the group.

(Sole exception, naturally, being a dps warrior who put out less dps than I did and managed to stand in every single thing that cleaved.)

It's an incredibly simple and smooth process you have now. You shouldn't even be worrying about LGV now unless you're the off-healer or healing a raid, so blaming multiple veils for your struggle is silly. You apply the same Synthesis, which auto-applies the correct veil for you, and off you go. You have more heals at your immediate disposal even when there's nothing to hurt, and you have just as easy and smooth a rotation as you ever did.
    4/4 DH | 4/4 GP | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS 3.5/10 HK

Rift Disciple

No cleric spec excels in both raid healing and tank healing, why should cloro do so? You can even switch between the two in the middle of an encounter and use what is best for that phase (like in GP last boss when he just goes off tank and starts hitting random people) .

Vile spores still does good dmg if you dont clip the dot (Vile spores spam - bad; 1 VS cast -> VL - good)

You say that Natural Healing counters what a cloro should be but you want bloom/flourish without cooldowns? Really now? Tbh it is just a tool that we lacked... after a wipe in a dungeon you just bloom -> flourish and tank is still at 60% and says "heal me before pull" you don't sit around for another 10 sec till the next bloom comes. It is actually nice to be able to heal if the boss is immune or in the air as well.

i share the same frustration with the topic creator im still 34/32 Chloro/lock i can still raid heal effectively but group healing i cannot do anymore and even with the 51 point build its so bad i dont wanna be a cleric. Also with the new chloro changes its making me look more at the Chloro/Archon build for grouping and adding cast@targettarget Bloom and Consuming Flames to help keep the tank healed.

Then again i have no use for group healing anymore seeing how i dont need the gear. But maybe a slight change could help us out or someone find a more effective group healing build
    Sydaphex the Wandering Mage

Rift Disciple

The 51 cloro works well, you just can't continue doing the same thing as you did ... the bloom macro is needed yeah and you want to press it from time to time as well ... that doesn't really turn you into a cleric :/ (and you dont want to spam natural healing ... you really don't)

Shield of Telara

The key to the last boss is by switching from healing through synthesis to healing through Life Giving veil, and using Natural Healing to keep the tank up.

I would probably say the best spec for this would be having 10 points in Warlock, so that you can use the opportunity procs for natural healing and you use void life for the group healing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast