+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling build post 1.3?

Soulwalker

Default Leveling build post 1.3?

I've done a search but they're all from before 1.2, is there any difference really as far as PVE goes? Looking for just straight up raw speed and minimal downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by xrik View Post
    I've done a search but they're all from before 1.2, is there any difference really as far as PVE goes? Looking for just straight up raw speed and minimal downtime.
    Lock/Necro is even more the way to level after 1.3 went live, given the buffs to DPS for both souls.
    Pylos - 51 Mage - Deepstrike
    "I'm gonna eat your f****** heart and your brain and your- I'm gonna f****** r*** your SOUL!!" - Chariot, Operation: Endgame

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarokJC View Post
    Lock/Necro is even more the way to level after 1.3 went live, given the buffs to DPS for both souls.
    Ok I'll search around for a build

Shadowlander

There are definitely a tooon of builds that are still very strong. Nec/Lock is way up there.

I'm also a fan of the Lock/Chloro (about 16 in chloro, rest in Lock). Similar kill speed, ability to regen health/mana without stopping, no pet management.

I also keep going back to an SC/Elem (21 in Ele for 'better' pet, rest in SC) build. It feels like I've got a much better kill speed, both for single targets and groups. The downside is finding a way to get my pet rock to tank all the mobs without dying or me pulling aggro.

I do think that, as you go up in levels and AoEing becomes more and more viable, it's "the way to go". Killing 5 mobs one at a time over the course of a minute versus killing all 5 in about 15 seconds really starts to add up. I played a Just/Inq Cleric as an alt and spent the last 10 levels pulling 5-10 mobs and AoEing them without dying. Going from that to single-targets is a rough, rough transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthien View Post
    There are definitely a tooon of builds that are still very strong. Nec/Lock is way up there.

I'm also a fan of the Lock/Chloro (about 16 in chloro, rest in Lock). Similar kill speed, ability to regen health/mana without stopping, no pet management.

I also keep going back to an SC/Elem (21 in Ele for 'better' pet, rest in SC) build. It feels like I've got a much better kill speed, both for single targets and groups. The downside is finding a way to get my pet rock to tank all the mobs without dying or me pulling aggro.

I do think that, as you go up in levels and AoEing becomes more and more viable, it's "the way to go". Killing 5 mobs one at a time over the course of a minute versus killing all 5 in about 15 seconds really starts to add up. I played a Just/Inq Cleric as an alt and spent the last 10 levels pulling 5-10 mobs and AoEing them without dying. Going from that to single-targets is a rough, rough transition.

More specifically:

You can take this from 1 to 30 without any problem:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvRq.ex00z.L

30 + (respec the previous build as you no longer want imp void bolt for an AE build):
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvRz.xx0ukma0z.xdhh

Final (finish off warlock before going chloro):
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qxk.EdGhch0zRo
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Rift Disciple

51 archon
    ALL THE WAY BABY

Shadowlander

Fiz, did you REALLY go archon all the way and enjoy it? ;-)

Mse
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthien View Post
    Fiz, did you REALLY go archon all the way and enjoy it? ;-)
    i have questions about this aswell what about warlock/nechro/chloro?

+ Reply to Thread