+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: chloros can't heal pre-50, don't let them queue as MH

Default chloros can't heal pre-50, don't let them queue as MH

I've been leveling a cleric tank and every time I get a chloromancer main healer, they just BS me with "lol ur too hrd 2 hel XD XD LOLOLOL :P xP" when I completed the dungeon not moments ago with a cleric healer. Yes, I'm mad. I hate wasting my time. I don't even say anything anymore, I just drop group when I get a chloro healer. And it's sad. My main is a chloro and I do fantastically fine at 50.

Plane Touched

Signed.

I feel the same way when I tank. I have a great friend I always game with, who has excelled at every healing class. I had to ask him to go dps. He hates it and goes as support chloro or dps if no support is needed. But he agrees it's just to hard 20+. Though he says raid healing on his 50 chloric has become easier and more powerful.

Plane Touched

I agree. My bard was outhealing a Chloro in regular KB. Sad day. I have a Chloro and loved the class but right now please, just dont let them queue as main heals until they are 50. After that if they are gluttons for punishment, whatever.

Plane Touched

Half the chloros I've met can't heal at 50 either.

Anyway, it would be idiotic for Trion to stop chloros queueing before 50, they just need to make them decent healers.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lepple View Post
    Half the chloros I've met can't heal at 50 either.

Anyway, it would be idiotic for Trion to stop chloros queueing before 50, they just need to make them decent healers.
    They WERE decent healers until 1.3. Now pre 50 they are not healers at all, and at 50 they are raid heals and offheals for 5 mans. I am not exaggerating that I can outheal a 32 Chloro as a 32 Bard.

I think this is ridiculous, but thats how it is.

In the LFG tool Mages should be able to queue as DPS and Support pre 50 and post 50 whatever. I no longer queue my 50 Chloro as heals in PUGs, but if you like high repair bills go for it.

Shield of Telara

Well, you're stuck with it for now. Most Mages I know have unchecked Heal already or untrained deep Chloro enitrely to fill with support/dps souls, except for raiders who are off in la la land staring at parsers saying everything is fine. Oh wait, we're like 3rd string DPs now too. At least Trion hasn't fubar'd support. Just wait until the PvPers complain about Dominator though.

Have fun waiing on Clerics to que as Heal in the meantime.

My pre-50 mage (38 atm) heals just fine. Its the ones that don't realize Lifegiving veil and lifebound veil don't do the same thing (and one doesn't work with synthesis) that are the problem.

Plane Touched

But what about the Chloro healers I had on my rogue (I've started a new rogue just because I can) yesterday when I was tanking.

We did fine (Well after his Earth Elemental died so I could get my reactive off more) and didn't struggle at any time (Though I did have to use Sidesteps when we accidentally pulled 3 groups at the same time)

I also had a Chloro healer on my Cleric the day 1.3 came out, I took a lot of damage but I tend to on my Cleric (I also found out after that my Precept of Refuge may not have been working)

Then of course if you want to include level 50 stuff, I've had a few Chloro's healing my barely T2 viable tanks through T2's without much problem (True my health did drop down to 40-50% every now and then, but it sprang back up again shortly after)

It would seem that I'd need to try and get into a team as a healer on my mage just to see how bad they are.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Quote Originally Posted by Merre View Post
    They WERE decent healers until 1.3. Now pre 50 they are not healers at all, and at 50 they are raid heals and offheals for 5 mans. I am not exaggerating that I can outheal a 32 Chloro as a 32 Bard.
    Please stop spreading false information about chloro's, it doesn't help the community learn to ues the new design; Rather, it contributes to the problem by reaffirming the rumors and sterotypes that Chloro's are not healers. In raids, i still out heal the cleric healer when i remain in lifebound veil. I can heal a properly speced tank, so long as they meant the toughness requirements, with just spaming void life (t1, t2, raid rifts, GSB trash, GSB bosses, RoS trash, RoS Dark Foci -- guild hasn't got to RoS bosses yet). What you should be saying is that Chloro is no longer a faceroll easy mode class, but you actually have to know what you are doing and which spells to cast.

As to healing pre 50, yes chloros now have issues due to the 1.3 changes. Natures touch does not heal for enough at low levels and the class is designed to require Void life to fill the gap betwee Pre and Post 1.3 natures touch. This is something that needs to be looked into. The best fix would be to scale better pre 50.

Edit: I wanted to clarify that when i heal t1 and t2, i do not require any assitance from a bard or cleric support healer.
    Last edited by Miisoo; 06-27-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    "Men have before hired bravos to transact their crimes, while their own person and reputation sat under shelter. I was the first that ever did so for his pleasures. I was the first taht could thus plod in the public eye with a load of genial respectability, and in a moment, like a schoolboy, strip off these lendings and spring headlong into the sea of liberty." - Henry Jekyll

Champion

deleted....
    Last edited by woopedazz; 06-27-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Chloros at 50 are fine. I heal a lot of T2s and rifts solo on min. It's just before void life, they're kind of useless.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Miisoo View Post
    Please stop spreading false information about chloro's, it doesn't help the community learn to ues the new design; Rather, it contributes to the problem by reaffirming the rumors and sterotypes that Chloro's are not healers. In raids, i still out heal the cleric healer when i remain in lifebound veil. I can heal a properly speced tank, so long as they meant the toughness requirements, with just spaming void life (t1, t2, raid rifts, GSB trash, GSB bosses, RoS trash, RoS Dark Foci -- guild hasn't got to RoS bosses yet). What you should be saying is that Chloro is no longer a faceroll easy mode class, but you actually have to know what you are doing and which spells to cast.

As to healing pre 50, yes chloros now have issues due to the 1.3 changes. Natures touch does not heal for enough at low levels and the class is designed to require Void life to fill the gap betwee Pre and Post 1.3 natures touch. This is something that needs to be looked into. The best fix would be to scale better pre 50.

Edit: I wanted to clarify that when i heal t1 and t2, i do not require any assitance from a bard or cleric support healer.
    Sorry mate but chloros are broken. Maybe in raid the numbers are fine but that's because in raids you get the highest hps by healing fast not healing much. There is always alot of overheal and you are topping the meters because spamming Void Life and Flourish are extremly fast. Any cleric outheal a chloro by a large margin if they are equally equiped and geared. The L2P argument is just **** in this case. And if you ever tried to heal content side by side with a cleric where healing is close you will see how ridiculous broken chloros are atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Miisoo View Post

maybe with t3 gear, it's possible but pre-50 and for new 50, it's impossible.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Paicon View Post
    Sorry mate but chloros are broken. Maybe in raid the numbers are fine but that's because in raids you get the highest hps by healing fast not healing much. There is always alot of overheal and you are topping the meters because spamming Void Life and Flourish are extremly fast. Any cleric outheal a chloro by a large margin if they are equally equiped and geared. The L2P argument is just **** in this case. And if you ever tried to heal content side by side with a cleric where healing is close you will see how ridiculous broken chloros are atm.
    This isn't making any sense. High HPS = high healing if it's consistent. 1k HPS over 1 minute is 60K healed. If you're doing less than 1k HPS, you're healing less than 60K over a minute. If most of it is overhealing, it must be because you're healing people at full health.
    There's no difference between healing fast and healing much, unless you accuse the fast healer of doing nothing when the instant heals are on CD.

My 2k HPS on Alsbeth beg to differ
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast