+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @ Bluedot or Uhgii RE: Chloro Rotations Help please!!

Default @ Bluedot or Uhgii RE: Chloro Rotations Help please!!

Hey both of you guys have been a tremendous help so far when it comes to my Mage so first off I want to say thanks for all your assistance so far. Bluedot, you're a genius. You guys seem to have a great understanding of the functionality of Chloro mages right now so I have a couple questions if you would not mind answering.

My spec is 51 Chloro / 10 Lock / 5 Ele .. will that work for both Tank & AoE heals? Or should I stick with the pre 1.3 patch 36 Chloro / 30 Lock spec for AoE Heals since my rotation is essentially the same.

AoE Healing.

My spec is 51 Chloro / 10 Lock / 5 Ele

What does your rotation look like for this? I actually found a lot of success essentially using my old rotation from pre 1.3. That rotation is Radiant Spores / Natures Touch / Ruin / Vile Spores / Withering Vine repeat. Should I toss in void life somewhere? I must admit I'm kinda lost so far, but the old rotation worked very well in the Warfronts I was testing in, especially when compared to aything else I tried.

Tank Healing

This is where I'm lost. I do have the 51/10/5 Build, but I dont feel confident enough with the new Chloro to go heal and raids or T2's so I have not practiced with it yet... is the rotation seriously just Radiant Spores / Void Life / Natures Touch repeat??

I appreciate any response from either of you. I'm sure all mages around Telara will as well.

Rift Disciple

http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-game-mage-pve-guide/

scroll down towards the bottom sir

Plane Touched

Hey! Sorry I missed your thread here. I saw you respond to the other post, but I'll include some basic information here, too, in case:

I would definitely recommend the 51/10/5 chloro/dom/ele spec that Bluedot recommends. He's a brilliant mage, and does his homework regarding parses. I don't think going 10 lock for opportunity will break the build, but it's a matter of how complicated you want to make your rotation, having to watch for opportunity procs takes your attention away from other things, and picking whether the big heal is necessary then, or if the consistent, though smaller stream of void life is better. Also, the loss of 10% int is substantial enough to be noted.

For 51-chloro with their LBV, the rotation is effectively: Void Life --> Nature's Touch, make sure all 3 ticks of VL go before hitting your NT. Once NT finishes casting, you should be able to hit VL again. This leads to a constant stream of heals, and a big heal every 6 seconds. This reserves Ruin, Bloom, and Flourish as your emergency heals. If you spec into lock, every time you get an opportunity proc, you'd hit NT or VS (likely best to have them macro'd to the same key.) Natural Healing (our 51-point spammable direct heal) is reserved more for when we need big individual heals, and mostly for situations when the mobs/boss go immune to damage, or if we have our backs turned, you can cast direct heals like bloom/flourish/NH then.

For 51-chloro LGV healing, which is viable, you could do either Nature's Touch/Vile Spores/Ruin spam, or stick to void life. It's a matter of preference and what works for you. If you're looking to maximize numbers, I believe Bluedot makes note in the link Ominith included, but for for raid-wide healing using 51-chloro, lock is the best 10 points you can spend, assuming you're not going the Void Life route. I've had success raid-healing with LGV using 51-chloro, but I'm simply more effective, both in DPS and HPS, using my 36/30 chloro/lock. If i were you, I'd take both if you're serious about chloro healing. 51-chloro gives you the luxary of being able to switch to and from LBV/LGV mid-fight, but chloro/lock simply outshines it for LGV. You're losing 7.5% damage-to-healing conversion, and instead gaining 20% damage, among other perks.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm sure if you message Bluedot with any specifics, he'll be more than likely to help. I've been following him since I first found his blog, and he's among the most knowledgeable folks I've ever seen around the forums.

Best of luck with your chloro'ing!

Quote Originally Posted by Uhgii View Post
    Hey! Sorry I missed your thread here. I saw you respond to the other post, but I'll include some basic information here, too, in case:

I would definitely recommend the 51/10/5 chloro/dom/ele spec that Bluedot recommends. He's a brilliant mage, and does his homework regarding parses. I don't think going 10 lock for opportunity will break the build, but it's a matter of how complicated you want to make your rotation, having to watch for opportunity procs takes your attention away from other things, and picking whether the big heal is necessary then, or if the consistent, though smaller stream of void life is better. Also, the loss of 10% int is substantial enough to be noted.

For 51-chloro with their LBV, the rotation is effectively: Void Life --> Nature's Touch, make sure all 3 ticks of VL go before hitting your NT. Once NT finishes casting, you should be able to hit VL again. This leads to a constant stream of heals, and a big heal every 6 seconds. This reserves Ruin, Bloom, and Flourish as your emergency heals. If you spec into lock, every time you get an opportunity proc, you'd hit NT or VS (likely best to have them macro'd to the same key.) Natural Healing (our 51-point spammable direct heal) is reserved more for when we need big individual heals, and mostly for situations when the mobs/boss go immune to damage, or if we have our backs turned, you can cast direct heals like bloom/flourish/NH then.

For 51-chloro LGV healing, which is viable, you could do either Nature's Touch/Vile Spores/Ruin spam, or stick to void life. It's a matter of preference and what works for you. If you're looking to maximize numbers, I believe Bluedot makes note in the link Ominith included, but for for raid-wide healing using 51-chloro, lock is the best 10 points you can spend, assuming you're not going the Void Life route. I've had success raid-healing with LGV using 51-chloro, but I'm simply more effective, both in DPS and HPS, using my 36/30 chloro/lock. If i were you, I'd take both if you're serious about chloro healing. 51-chloro gives you the luxary of being able to switch to and from LBV/LGV mid-fight, but chloro/lock simply outshines it for LGV. You're losing 7.5% damage-to-healing conversion, and instead gaining 20% damage, among other perks.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm sure if you message Bluedot with any specifics, he'll be more than likely to help. I've been following him since I first found his blog, and he's among the most knowledgeable folks I've ever seen around the forums.

Best of luck with your chloro'ing!
    Dude thanks a lot! Your tips worked out great. Getting ready to go test this out in Raids and i'll report back my findings.

Messed around in some WF's and the healing was NUTS. a couple as a tank heal (followed my Rogue buddy around) and we only died 2x in a port a scion on ZERO times in a codex. AFter that did 2 as AOE heals and topped the chart once and got 3rd the next... so right off the bat its very promising!

Thanks so much once again, Ill let yall know how raiding goes.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Azraelll View Post
    Dude thanks a lot! Your tips worked out great. Getting ready to go test this out in Raids and i'll report back my findings.

Messed around in some WF's and the healing was NUTS. a couple as a tank heal (followed my Rogue buddy around) and we only died 2x in a port a scion on ZERO times in a codex. AFter that did 2 as AOE heals and topped the chart once and got 3rd the next... so right off the bat its very promising!

Thanks so much once again, Ill let yall know how raiding goes.
    Glad to help, looking forward to hear how it turns out for you! Also, if you tweak anything and it works for you, let us know! I'm always up for trying new things!

Quote Originally Posted by Uhgii View Post
    For 51-chloro with their LBV, the rotation is effectively: Void Life --> Nature's Touch, make sure all 3 ticks of VL go before hitting your NT. Once NT finishes casting, you should be able to hit VL again.
    a better rotation would be

VL -> VL (2 ticks) -> NT -> repeat

otherwise your NT wont benefit from Natural Awareness (25% more int after lifespell), which gets applied at the beginning of the channel
    VL 3 seks > NT 2.5 > won't hit with 25% more intbonuses

Plane Touched

Oh wow, great point. In my head I guess I figured 3 sec channel on a 6 sec buff = good to go.

Excellent find, thanks! I'll definitely use that for my 51-chloro. Makes the chloro/lock seem so much easier! =P

Rift Disciple

have had good success with 51/15 chloro lock with archon for pillaging stone
    pretty much just spam void life until opportunity proc and either cast NT or NH depending on the need

aux

1. Void Life
    2. Repeat

The rest is reactive, (or proactive, lol @ 2.5s casts) really.
    I'm so BORED

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    1. Void Life
    2. Repeat

if this fails, try:

1.Natural healing
    2.Repeat

Soulwalker

For an aoe healing build, I'd recommend checking out the 26/30/10 chloro/lock/Dom build. It does ridiculous hps and has good utility while still doing about 400 dps.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DustinSGD View Post

if this fails, try:

1.Natural healing
    2.Repeat
    This made my day. Thank you.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    1. Void Life
    2. Repeat

I was initially told to do this with the new 51-chloro spec, and found neither my tank or AoE heals were up to par in raids. Perhaps this is best for 5-mans, but I've found my chloro/lock does sufficient enough heals, and my tanks generally have enough mitigation, that I don't have to bother going 51-chloro. As far as I'm concerned, from a chloro/lock perspective, nothing has changed other than me not being able to toss synthesis up on the tank, and my heals, otherwise, being improved by over 32%.

But hey, if it works, do it. I realize it's the 'fastest healing' you can do, but that doesn't always make it the best. If you have streams of heals covered, especially in a raid with a warden cleric on the tank, why not focus on the raid heals? Void life + LGV = "meh" at best in my experience. As I've stated repeatedly in the forums, I wouldn't even bother going 51-chloro for raid heals.

+ Reply to Thread